Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[POLL] Extra Character Slots per Server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[POLL] Extra Character Slots per Server?

FourTwent
06.03.2012 , 06:48 AM | #11
2-4? I want another 8 slots :/

The_Witchfinder
06.03.2012 , 06:56 AM | #12
Indeed, an additional 8 slots is absolutely vital to ensure replayability as well add much broader RP-possibilities in regards to the legacy system. Besides, it makes perfect logical sense: 8 classes, 2 affinities, 2 subclasses. 2 genders, a myriad races.

ChaosKirin
06.03.2012 , 07:00 AM | #13
If they make 'super servers' where they intend to have everyone squished together, my character slots had better at least DOUBLE.

InnerPieces
06.03.2012 , 07:10 AM | #14
Yep, 16 slots are the minimum currently needed to really experience everything the game has to offer.

I'm sorry to disagree with the guy who said you don/t need a gunslinger and scoundrel or a sniper and an operative because they fill the same role. There is a big difference between a gunslinger DPS and a scoundrel DPS. It is that way with all of the classes. I consider the "starter" classes (warrior, inquisitor, smuggler, knight, etc) to be exactly that: starter classes. The A in AC to me is Actual. The actual classes are the Advance Classes and while the story is practically identical, the way you play each AC is totally different. That makes them different classes, even if one or two pair fill the same role.

I'm a completionist. When I want to play one of everything, I mean one of everything. Let's not forget the coming new races and eventual new classes..... TV Land was wrong: 8 isn't enough.
Quote:
"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.

ZaRree
06.03.2012 , 07:15 AM | #15
Agreed, I think i'll need 4 additional slots in the long run.
I want to play all classes for story, but i'll mostly play republic, so in the long run i would like to have each AC on republic side plus 4 imperial classes for story.
Oh please I'm no hero, just rational.

Khalhazar
06.03.2012 , 07:18 AM | #16
In a game where each class has its own rich story, and alts are a key part of the experience, limiting the number of character slots so severely is counterproductive.

Also, we live in 2012. Storage is cheap. Doubling the number of slots to 16 or higher should not be a major technical challenge. The real technical limitation is the database. Since they *also* said that they couldn't spare the space to let us add small text bios for each character on inspection (!!!), I wonder if they are running this thing on flat-files or Paradox or something.

GorZie
06.03.2012 , 07:18 AM | #17
I'm for extra slots, however those should be earned. I think Player should get an addition character slot for each character who has finished act 2 of the character story and this should be displayed in your legacy window. The number should not exceed more than 16 slots per server.

MadBlue
06.03.2012 , 08:10 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GorZie View Post
I'm for extra slots, however those should be earned. I think Player should get an addition character slot for each character who has finished act 2 of the character story and this should be displayed in your legacy window. The number should not exceed more than 16 slots per server.
That's a really good idea.

Stenrik
06.03.2012 , 08:21 AM | #19
Yeah I definitely support the addition of extra slots, even if it means having to get a character to 50 to unlock one.

I for one am caught between a rock and a hard place because I have 2 of the same advanced class (vanguard and powertech) and one advanced class of each besides that. But now that leaves me with 1 slot left and 2 classes left.

Styxx
06.03.2012 , 08:32 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MadBlue View Post
Well, I can't claim to speak for everyone - except on this. I think I can say that there isn't anyone that would be against more character slots. The good news is it's being considered. I imagine it won't be until they've added new playable species (which they plan to do this year).
Addendum:
The only unknown in this, IMO, is if they will be free, or paid and how many as a max per server.