Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What class would Darth Bane be?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What class would Darth Bane be?

Wonkadude
06.02.2012 , 04:26 PM | #1
The title says it all. I'm about half way through Path of Destruction, the first Darth Bane novel. (Just ordered the Fleet circling Ruusan to attack Farfallas reinforcements. 0.0)

So, what would the legendary sith'ari be? I'm torn between Juggernaut and Sorcerer/assasin hybrid.

Wookiepedia link here:http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Bane

SNCommand
06.02.2012 , 05:08 PM | #2
The problem is that a lot of the star wars characters defy the limits put up by the classes, Bane might fight and look like a Sith Juggernaut, but also share the powers and some of the personality of the sith sorcerer

But if I had to choose I would place him as a Sith Juggernaut
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Wonkadude
06.02.2012 , 05:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
The problem is that a lot of the star wars characters defy the limits put up by the classes, Bane might fight and look like a Sith Juggernaut, but also share the powers and some of the personality of the sith sorcerer

But if I had to choose I would place him as a Sith Juggernaut
Probably DPS/Tank hybrid since (i heard) latter he gets armor that can't be hurt by a lightsaber, and uses Djem So (aggresive LightSaber form)

SNCommand
06.02.2012 , 05:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wonkadude View Post
Probably DPS/Tank hybrid since (i heard) latter he gets armor that can't be hurt by a lightsaber, and uses Djem So (aggresive LightSaber form)
Well he sounds like a Juggernaut DPS in my opinion, I have it easier seeing him carving up enemies rather than being defensive and taking hits, Darth Vader on the other hand is pure Sith Warrior Tank, that guy lost a limb in almost every fight and relied on greater survivability and stamina rather than deadliness with a lightsaber and force powers
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

ReiKai
06.02.2012 , 06:17 PM | #5
EU chars don't follow any specific guideline for "class". Naga Sadow was a Sorcerer, yet his "class" type in swtor was supposedly Marauder, as explained by the trainer on Imperial Fleet after reaching lv10 with Sith Warrior. It doesn't make much sense as Sadow was clearly a sorc, but oh well.

If you wanted to classify Bane, he was a Sith Warrior in the 1st Novel, Juggernaut Immortal Spec in the 2nd novel when he had the Orbalisk Armor, and 3rd novel he was Juggernaut Rage spec, as it focused on both Melee and Force abilities. Bane could use Death Field like a sorc, but there seems to be different versions. Bane had already admitted in the 1st Novel that Force Rituals and things that were explained in Revan's holocron went way over his head and he'd never be able to learn them. Which is why he gave such things to Zannah who had an affinity for them.

Malgus is to be like a Juggernaut, but he can use Force Lightning. As it is with EU and NPC chars in game, they don't distinctly follow Mechanics and classifications as one would see in an RPG. Feck, look at Kyle Katarn for example. He's a Jedi Knight, came late to the Force, and he can use Force Lightning while still Lightsided.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Tuscad
06.02.2012 , 09:16 PM | #6
The EU characters are of a more special caliber than ours and thus were able to specialize in many different aspects of the Force.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Stephenjdoug
06.03.2012 , 12:40 AM | #7
Well i' going to add a small spoiler

Spoiler

I would put him as Juggernaut, he becomes pretty much immune to lightsaber attacks
he enters this rage and no one can touch him. Example the Battle of Tython.

But then again his talent in using a variety of force powers. He was able use the force wave, force drain and several other powers that he was extremely talented in using. Although he did attempt sith sorcery, he failed at some of the more advanced ones.

EDIT: what i meant was after he goes to Dxun he becomes one hell of a juggernaut

Wonkadude
06.03.2012 , 05:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
The EU characters are of a more special caliber than ours and thus were able to specialize in many different aspects of the Force.
I know this, I just thought we could have a mature adult discussion about it.

To the above Poster: I just started the second book and he found Qordis' book telling him to go to Dxun, so I assumed he would ge there. Please, carry on with your discussion.

Zgooden
05.21.2014 , 08:34 AM | #9
He seems to have the imposing figure of a warrior, but he uses his cunning as much as his strength, also he loves zapping people with lightning. His love of sith philosophy and teachings make him more sound like an Inquisitor to me. Ive only read the first book and half of the second book so this could change

YoshiRaphElan
05.21.2014 , 10:26 AM | #10
Definitely a Juggernaut. Especially with his orbalisk armor. But even before that the guy was a beast in battle. If he were in game he'd be a BT3; he was described as two meters tall and well-muscled. Just read through the books and the things he does with his physical prowess alone...definitely a Juggernaut.