Unofficial Count - Unsubs after 6 month/free time

Algaram

I am really wandering how many people out there are just waiting for there sub to run out and not buy another month of game time after free/6 month peroid is up

So if you would be so kind and post what your plans are.

P.S. not a qq thread about trans/merge, simply a question :)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 6 month subscription and I regret getting it. I havent played in over a month, but I know I'll be returning one day when they fix the server population issues. I'll definitely be going month to month when that happens.

I bought a 6 month subscription, which was a huge mistake. Never again.

If the server population issue doesn't get fixed to my liking, I'm gone. I'm not a huge gamer at all, but I did pay to play with other people. When you can't play 75% of the game (flashpoints, hard quests, and ops) because there's no one on, it's a problem.

anyone who gives a 6 month sub right away to a new mmo either is new to mmos or should be confidant that they want to play this game for a long time..

its always best to go month by month at first to determine if you are going to like the game before giving that much money and time to a game and company

i just un subed about 3 min ago. i am sad about it. i love star wars always have and always will but i hate EA and untill this game i never played a bioware game. i can now say i will never buy another bioware online game. this game could have been so much more if it had been finished before release.

anyone who gives a 6 month sub right away to a new mmo either is new to mmos or should be confidant that they want to play this game for a long time..

its always best to go month by month at first to determine if you are going to like the game before giving that much money and time to a game and company

I played beta, so I knew I liked the game.

i just un subed about 3 min ago. i am sad about it. i love star wars always have and always will but i hate EA and untill this game i never played a bioware game. i can now say i will never buy another bioware online game. this game could have been so much more if it had been finished before release.

basing a reputation of a gaming company on one failed game is kinda silly. bioware has made some epic games.. and ea honestly has some of the most all time profit making games... maybe tor fails horribly.. but it isnt the first game in either companys roster to fail, nor would it be the first mmo to fail.. but judging a compnay on one game is kinda short sighted..

MMO's are never " finished". The day there done working on it is the dead the game is gone forever.

I do like the game but with my server being as dead as it is I may hold off on re-subing to 1.3 is out. have 27 more days left. It is on the Free time.

Edited by Dext

I have a 6 month. I unsubbed about 6-8 weeks ago.

1.3 and the transfers really need to work some magic in order for me to resub. I want to like this game, but its not just working out that way.

The 6 month was not a bad deal. With all the extra free time added, people who had a 6 month sub does not run out till around August.

My account has been unsubbed for a good month now. Log in once a week to clear OPs.

I too got 6 months which was a huge mistake. I knew it was EA who was publisher and BW always knew how to tell a good story but severly lacked deep knowledge of how to make good game mechanics, less how to get a huge community like Battle.net going on, because of EA breathing down their necks not relasing sufficient patches for any of their games. ME2 is an excellent example of how disasterous game mechanics are, specially the unskipable long intro.

The undoing was i the cards even before the beta, and only more clear whe beta went public, sure fanbois refuses to see reality, but create their own idyllic vision of the grim dire reality.

ToR will go F2P thanks to EA the MMO train-wrecker.

I am really wandering how many people out there are just waiting for there sub to run out and not buy another month of game time after free/6 month peroid is up

What is "free/6 month"?

Thought about un-subscribing in April, but then they offered a free month if I payed for one more month which was a good deal. So I took them up on their offer and rather enjoyed leveling an Imperial character which I had not done yet, but the reasons for wanting to un-subscribe in April are still there. And with the good weather, European Football Championships/Olympics coming up I decided to not renew my subscription and as I rarely return to games I doubt I'll be back.

I think they've given me free game time at some point but I didn't and don't expect it. It's 15 bucks a month to play this game which is less than it costs to go see a movie and buy popcorn.

These forums are a great example of why the economies of the world are in crisis. Almost everyone wants everything for free and feels entitled to it.

I wonder if anyone has thought maybe the decrease in subs might be related to the fact we're in a global recession and countries are going bankrupt.... If you don't have a job you can't buy a sub.

I'm off to read the next Chicken Little thread.

can you really judge a game based on beta testing it? this game has changed alot since beta. and will likely continue to change in the months to come

If you liked beta then of course you will purchase it. Same thing as playing a demo first. In music, you listen to a artists first few singles before you purchase their entire album. Soooo... "Can you really judge a game based on beta testing it?" Yes I can.

If you liked beta then of course you will purchase it. Same thing as playing a demo first. In music, you listen to a artists first few singles before you purchase their entire album. Soooo... "Can you really judge a game based on beta testing it?" Yes I can.

you realize that the beta test was not to play the game to determine if you wanted to buy it or not..it was to test it for bugs..

maybe if more people actually tested the game instead of tried to power through as much as they could have we might have less problems with bugs:P

yes i know lots were reported and many were ignored by devs.. not exucsing them.. they need to fix them and should have listened. .b ut posts like yours make me wonder who exactly was testing, and not trying the game out..

can you really judge a game based on beta testing it? this game has changed alot since beta. and will likely continue to change in the months to come

Yeah during beta there was actually a population to play with.

Well me and my father both were very excited when this game came out, i was playing beta before any of my friends. I I had one thing to say when i was doing beta. that was "the space missions are not good enough for a mmo." I wasnt expecting space to be completely single player... and it still is.... the "ground game" got boring when you started playing with different classes. when i first started playing everyone was pretty even. yes tracer missles where NOT OP because you could line of sight those guys pretty freaking easy. I get on my commando and get wrecked 1v1. the warzone get pretty overplayed when you pvp on multiple players cause thats what I like to do... I check these forums everyday hoping they give us a little info about the future so i will stay subscribed but the QandA in my eyes are completely useless and isnt getting me to stick around. tell us your plans and maybe you wont **** up anymore ea/bioware. your technique has worked so well so far ea/bioware..... i love paying for a game monthly that never changes even though i go read about the hero engine and it says it makes making and adding content to an mmo easier than previous mmos... To me im currently playing a game that the designers dont care about and just want to make money. personally i havent logged on for months and will log in 1.3 but doubt its enough for how long we had to wait. I wish i got paid 100k a year to make crap and call it a AAA MMO. but no i get paid 200 bucks a week to work warehouse and come home to "new games" that i was playing years ago with different skins on them. You are paying the wrong people, find a art student with a creative mind to come up with new ideas. Dont you worry EA/Bioware I have FTP games that keep my attention better than your game... i will be okay.... You are lucky you have star wars in the title otherwise it would have had horrible launch numbers just like secret world will most likely have. :)

Well me and my father both were very excited when this game came out, i was playing beta before any of my friends. I I had one thing to say when i was doing beta. that was "the space missions are not good enough for a mmo." I wasnt expecting space to be completely single player... and it still is.... the "ground game" got boring when you started playing with different classes. when i first started playing everyone was pretty even. yes tracer missles where NOT OP because you could line of sight those guys pretty freaking easy. I get on my commando and get wrecked 1v1. the warzone get pretty overplayed when you pvp on multiple players cause thats what I like to do... I check these forums everyday hoping they give us a little info about the future so i will stay subscribed but the QandA in my eyes are completely useless and isnt getting me to stick around. tell us your plans and maybe you wont **** up anymore ea/bioware. your technique has worked so well so far ea/bioware..... i love paying for a game monthly that never changes even though i go read about the hero engine and it says it makes making and adding content to an mmo easier than previous mmos... To me im currently playing a game that the designers dont care about and just want to make money. personally i havent logged on for months and will log in 1.3 but doubt its enough for how long we had to wait. I wish i got paid 100k a year to make crap and call it a AAA MMO. but no i get paid 200 bucks a week to work warehouse and come home to "new games" that i was playing years ago with different skins on them. You are paying the wrong people, find a art student with a creative mind to come up with new ideas. Dont you worry EA/Bioware I have FTP games that keep my attention better than your game... i will be okay.... You are lucky you have star wars in the title otherwise it would have had horrible launch numbers just like secret world will most likely have. :)

ouch 200 bucks a week.. you should ask for a raise....