Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Anyone else think Scorpio is hot

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Anyone else think Scorpio is hot

DragonAgeOrgins's Avatar


DragonAgeOrgins
06.02.2012 , 11:40 AM | #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZUys...ature=youtu.be

I think the video points that out. Maybe it's her female soft dark voice or the way she leaves herself a total mystery but I am interested in her as romance-able.

I understand she's a machine but EDI/JOKER did it in Mass Effect 3..

ejadavidson's Avatar


ejadavidson
06.02.2012 , 03:25 PM | #2
I use her a lot, she makes a much better tank than Kaliyo, but romancable...?! That's creepy. This isn't the first thread I've seen asking for Scorpio to be romanceable so you're not alone, but it's just weird. Like asking if you can romance a blow up doll that has advanced AI.
Anina -50 jedi sentinel
Banim- 50 sniper
Jaxsyn - 30 powertech
Dezzerey - 37 gunslinger

Khalhazar's Avatar


Khalhazar
06.02.2012 , 04:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ejadavidson View Post
Like asking if you can romance a blow up doll that has advanced AI.
We are all meat puppets with advanced AI. How is that different?

I mean that with absolute sincerity. There is very little difference between a sentient robot and a sentient human. (You might say that the human doesn't need to be plugged in at night, but the robot doesn't need a toilet either. Robots need replacement gaskets; humans have joint problems...)

If your argument is that robots don't have souls, who are you to say that SCORPIO doesn't have one (or won't gain one through self-improvement)? (Edit: I'm bringing up the soul thing because it's something that folks bring up often when posed this question in real life.)

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
06.02.2012 , 05:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Khalhazar View Post
(Edit: I'm bringing up the soul thing because it's something that folks bring up often when posed this question in real life.)
Define a soul.

At the topic though, it would have been interesting to be able to romance SCORPIO. I imagine it would have been more on an intellectual level and a mutual appreciation of skill, rather than their being any physical attraction (at least, I imagine SCORPIO wouldn't be attracted to a squishy meat-bag). She's sentient, self-aware, fully capable of making informed decisions... well, I really don't want to get into an argument over the definition of what it is to be human and how that extends to non-human humanoid species and non-organics (if SCORPIO wasn't a construct, but a member of a silicon based species which evolved independently, similar to how carbon based life evolved, would there be a problem?) as that's a really murky, involved area and I haven't done the required reading

Khalhazar's Avatar


Khalhazar
06.02.2012 , 06:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Define a soul.
Yeah. The trouble is that the people who bring up this question really mean "some vague entity that resides only in humans (or at least in life like us) and is connected to self-awareness in some way". Their definition begs the question.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile
I imagine it would have been more on an intellectual level and a mutual appreciation of skill, rather than their being any physical attraction (at least, I imagine SCORPIO wouldn't be attracted to a squishy meat-bag).
Yeah, I just don't know. She did flirt with me when she was in the holonet, was it sincere or a cunning plan to lower my guard? Maybe we'll never know! I never did get a solid definition of what she'd consider "improvement". Is appreciation for attraction and pleasure improvement? That's up to her to decide.

Diplomaticus's Avatar


Diplomaticus
06.03.2012 , 05:13 AM | #6
I don't think a romance option is that unlikely should the current storylines be expanded at some point.

Spoiler


In fact, at the end of the story,
Spoiler

Khalhazar's Avatar


Khalhazar
06.03.2012 , 06:15 AM | #7
A SCORPIO romance would be especially interesting it how it blossomed, given the restraining codes. Under what circumstances could we safely remove them, or would we only be able to romance her with the codes in place (which would be somewhat disturbing, ala Vette's collar.)

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
06.03.2012 , 09:36 AM | #8
I think any romance with SCORPIO should be respecting her choices as a sentient being, and thus be without the restraining codes. You then have the problem there of having an incredibly powerful being who can do anything with little to no ramifications (aforementioned psycho girlfriend) - I could imagine that she might get irrationally jealous and cause no end of trouble. Not a situation in which you'd want to have a love triangle.

Any romance with SCORPIO, therefore, would probably be best approached after she's learnt the meaning of self-restraint. Obviously we can't leave her alone with Kaliyo for this

ejadavidson's Avatar


ejadavidson
06.03.2012 , 11:41 AM | #9
Okay, I give. Whatever you guys say. I don't want to get into the whole 'what is a soul' argument because you guys have way more time than I do to argue the point.

I still say it's creepy. SCORPIO is creepy, she sounds like a female HAL from space odyssey. Even if her psyche was in human form, I'd still find her creepy. Her voice is creepy. Her face is creepy. Everything about her except the awesome way she tanks is creepy. There is nothing sexy or attractive about her, and even her intellect is creepy.

Maybe I haven't gone far enough into her story since my IA is level 47 and her affection is somewhere around the 2k mark (maybe more... forgot), but still.... argue all you want. She's creepy.
Anina -50 jedi sentinel
Banim- 50 sniper
Jaxsyn - 30 powertech
Dezzerey - 37 gunslinger

ejadavidson's Avatar


ejadavidson
06.03.2012 , 11:48 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Khalhazar View Post
We are all meat puppets with advanced AI. How is that different?

I mean that with absolute sincerity. There is very little difference between a sentient robot and a sentient human. (You might say that the human doesn't need to be plugged in at night, but the robot doesn't need a toilet either. Robots need replacement gaskets; humans have joint problems...)

If your argument is that robots don't have souls, who are you to say that SCORPIO doesn't have one (or won't gain one through self-improvement)? (Edit: I'm bringing up the soul thing because it's something that folks bring up often when posed this question in real life.)
You don't have a significant other in your life? A warm body waking up next to you in the morning? Kids? Wife/husband?

There is something to be said for intellectual attraction, but the heading to this was "Anyone else think Scorpio is Hot". Hot in what way? Sexually attractive? Intellectually attractive? As a female, I've never found myself attracted to a man in only one way. They go hand in hand, at least for me. I've dated guys who were sexually attractive, but those realtionships never lasted long because to find someone 'hot' they need to have more than one aspect of what makes a person "hot". . And I need more than intellectual smarts. It's a package. But then again, this is from a female point of view.

Scorpio is not hot in my definition of what is 'hot'.
Anina -50 jedi sentinel
Banim- 50 sniper
Jaxsyn - 30 powertech
Dezzerey - 37 gunslinger