Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TeilCron
02.17.2013 , 06:02 AM | #221
The above solution didn't work for me as this morning when this problem first occurred to me as,
i had only just turned on my PC 30 min before hand and i have since then restarted 4 times. and it still didn do anything.
The problem has now changed to not completing the install of English asset 106 which is currently stuck on 0% and has been for the past 10 mins.

I ran the launch in Test server mode and it repiaired several files and is now stuck on asset 106.
So i still can't get in and
I flushed my DNS /Re-add to fire wall, restarted my router and yes it was off for 30 seconds. have tried every thing suggested in this thread, but seeing as my current problem is one of the patch not installing i can rule out my Firewall/router/DNS and anything else to do with my network/internet connection being the problem.
Sto'Vo'Kor DreddPool Raz'Taruran

OwenBrooks
02.17.2013 , 06:07 AM | #222
Just to check you do not use swtor unleashed, if you dont know what that is then that will be no

Best solution too eliminate a lot of things is to boot up in safemode with networking, delete the patch folders including ones called say patch 1-20 etc , download the latest setup at www.swtor.com/download and run it from safe mode and patch there. You can't run the game there but you can certainly patch.

Edit - another simple thing you can do is delete all currently installed versions of java and install a fresh copy of java 32 from www.java.com

TeilCron
02.17.2013 , 06:28 AM | #223
First off I'm running on a fresh install of Win7 64(Installed 2 weeks ago) so deleting java is point less as it has nothing to do with this problem, as I have a backup copy of my swtor folder, hwich in the past when i have had this exact problem,
I have simply copied over the back up files and retried and it works perfectly, so it has nothing to do with java or any other programs on my system, I have a gaming laptop which I can download the patch to with out a single problem and as this is a fresh install of windows your suggestions shouldn't be needed. They just need to take more time on their test server before making the patches public,.

This week I think there have been what 5 patches so far, so going by that I know the problem isn't on my end and as dozens of others have tried all suggestion in this thread and still either can't login or are have a install problem it is most likely a problem with their patch of a patch of a patch of patch.

hopefully they will actually fix the problem and not make it worse.

I will try logging into safe mode with network , but i highly dought it will have any effect on this at all.

I will Edit this post if safe mode actually works in installing the English Asset 106 file.

OwenBrooks
02.17.2013 , 06:33 AM | #224
Ok what suggestions you take are up to you, but I use Win 7 64 bit and even now have had no issues patching or playing. Why I have no trouble patching and you do begs the question on what the difference is ?

TeilCron
02.17.2013 , 06:50 AM | #225
Yes I know what you mean , My laptop is Win7 64 and has no problems and when i patch it and copy the files to my external and then across to my desktop the launcher starts the Download then finishes it due to the files already being there.
this has been a problem for hundreds of players for months now, I have the problem on my desktop yet not my Laptop and it to has a fresh install of windows may be few week solder by fresh none the less, only thing i have installed since reinstalling has been.
Firefox
AVG
Direct X11
Far Cry 3
Teamspeak 3
updates for windows and
updates for steam

but seeing as my SWTOR is a retail DVD version that doesn't need steam to run I can rule it out as being a factor in this problem, also steam is never running when I play as it uses up network resources.
as i type this post i am in safe mode and the launcher is still stuck on 0% of English Asset 106 which appears for a brief second o download then straight to the install which can't get any higher than 0%. I may end up reinstalling as my laptop isn't currently here so i can't fix it in the way i previously mentioned.

OwenBrooks
02.17.2013 , 06:59 AM | #226
The only other thing I can put forward is do not use the launcher from the dvd, the older versions on disk are known to have issues, so I would install from disks but stop it once finished copying then install the updated setup from www.swtor.com/download for patching.

Annaconda
02.22.2013 , 05:45 AM | #227
Hello! An hour ago i tried to log in the game and received this message:
I've tried every thing listed in the forums here (including restart computer, router, run FixLauncher, fix time and date, clear DNS cache, download and run launcher from www.swtor.com/download, run launcher as Administrator and so on), but nothing helps (I don't have firewall.)
Would be terribly pleased if you could help me!
My system is Windows 7 64-bit.
Thanks.

OwenBrooks
02.22.2013 , 05:49 AM | #228
Have a look at the log folder in the game location if it says login fail

just reset your password to unlock your account https://account.swtor.com/user/password/recover