Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
The login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kichkinet
07.03.2012 , 09:30 PM | #141
Yep... can't log in. Grayed out screen. Tried rebooting launcher several times. Pinging my launcher etc. Everything is grayed out and can't initiate anything.

monkezz
07.03.2012 , 10:44 PM | #142
Done everything suggested by support in thread and no joy. So, added downtime today and now this bulls!"t. One f"Łk up after another.........

cashtwotwo
07.05.2012 , 11:20 PM | #143
has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Shane_D_Gray
07.26.2012 , 04:04 PM | #144
Yeah, getting this issue as well. Tried literally everything Bioware has suggested. Nothing works.

Honestly guys (Bioware) if you don't know how to fix it, don't send me on a gosh darned wild goose chase all over my computer to try and fix it. You obviously are unaware how to fix it, so get your *** on it. There should be a universal solution to this seemingly simple, universal problem.

Beesodd
07.26.2012 , 04:34 PM | #145 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Shane_D_Gray View Post
Yeah, getting this issue as well. Tried literally everything Bioware has suggested. Nothing works.

Honestly guys (Bioware) if you don't know how to fix it, don't send me on a gosh darned wild goose chase all over my computer to try and fix it. You obviously are unaware how to fix it, so get your *** on it. There should be a universal solution to this seemingly simple, universal problem.
That's the thing, this error doesn't point to one single issue with one single fix, so we need to run through all the troubleshooting steps.

You mention trying everything, but without being provided with the steps already taken, we need to check each fix to ensure nothing has been missed. Please double check that you have taken all the steps on this post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...2&postcount=35

Also, please try resetting your password, if the steps in the post did not help.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

DarthRegnum
09.06.2012 , 11:15 PM | #146
I tried resetting my password.
the repair button doesn't even click.
The launch fixer.
Called tech support and they asked me to repeat these steps.
Checking time zone stuff.
Checked for some replacement command code wild goose chase fix.
(tech support gave up here for the second time after telling me they were going to email me a program the first time that they have not emailed in hours when they said it would take minutes...)
downloading the and installing over the old launcher a new one.
Changing the launcher name to force the fixer to make a new one.
flushing the dns.
rebooting in safe mode to force a patch update.
Deleting the patch folder and re installing the installer option finally made it work.
Thanks to the support people on these posts(you guys should get a raise) and not nearly as much thanks to phone tech support...(they also need help with saying 'uh' WAY too much)

I would like to request a refund of 1 day of playitme since I had it robbed of me because of some 'glitch'. I think that would be sporting of old republic for everyone actually since this seems to be 'inconveniencing' a TON of people. (and you guys are hurting to keep people on board)

time to play 'up from the ashes grow the roses of success' and then LOTS OF OLD REPUBLIC AWWW YEEAAHH

cynosural
02.13.2013 , 01:34 AM | #147
hello. and first i want to apologize for my bad english, i have same error and cant login in game, here is my ping and tracer list, pls, resolve this .
Spoiler

and here the launcher log
Spoiler

OwenBrooks
02.13.2013 , 01:46 AM | #148
Hmm your timings are very high for Hop 1 and seem to be carrying forward to the next hops hence it is very high on each hop.

1 275 ms 249 ms 359 ms 10.12.57.169 what sort of internet connection do you have ?

The place you actually need to run the tracert too is launchpad.swtor.com but your first hop is very high and likely related to why you cannot login, although even with that high reading it should (i would of thought) login just be sluggish doing doing it.

A normal hop 1 timing on a tracert looks like this 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1

Beruthien
02.13.2013 , 01:46 AM | #149 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings cynosural,

Please try all of the troubleshooting steps below and attempt to log in after every step as anyone of these could resolve the issue.
  • Ensure that your computers and accounts date, time and time zone are set correctly.
  • Try flushing your DNS cache.(When doing this make sure you run the cmd as administrator.)
  • If you see a patch folder in the game installation folder when the launcher is closed please delete it.
  • Remove and re-add firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe.
  • Run FixLauncer.
  • Download the launcher installation file from www.swtor.com/download and run it over the current installation.
If these steps do not resolve the issue please come back to us.

I hope this helps!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

OwenBrooks
02.13.2013 , 01:51 AM | #150
If you are connected wireless please try connecting to your router by a ethernet cable and see if the timings drop to a low number like 30ms