Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
The login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nhiar
07.03.2012 , 01:13 PM | #131
I'm receiving this (The login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums.) for about 4 hours.
It looks like there is some problem with your external channel, because nothing changed on my PC or provider from yesterday.
Before receiving this message I was able to play (Right after you've finished the maintenance), but a bit later my ping started to increase up to 300.000 ms and then I was disconnected.
Now I just can't login.

And nothing helps actually...
Spoiler

Here's my recent launcher logs

gonatroo
07.03.2012 , 01:18 PM | #132
Probably, SWTOR will recommend you to change password.

Nhiar
07.03.2012 , 01:22 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by gonatroo View Post
Probably, SWTOR will recommend you to change password.
Done already and nothing have changed.

Beesodd
07.03.2012 , 01:35 PM | #134 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thank you for the updates.

Please take the following steps.

Press the Windows Key and R, and in the box type CMD.
On the black screen that pops up please type:

pathping launchpad.swtor.com

and let it run. Please then post up the results(be sure to hide your IP)

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

danpen
07.03.2012 , 01:38 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Thank you for the updates.

Please take the following steps.

Press the Windows Key and R, and in the box type CMD.
On the black screen that pops up please type:

pathping launchpad.swtor.com

and let it run. Please then post up the results(be sure to hide your IP)

Thanks.
That did not work.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

gonatroo
07.03.2012 , 01:53 PM | #136
Trace log:

Spoiler

Beesodd
07.03.2012 , 02:06 PM | #137 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thank you for the trace.

Looking at this, the connection seems to be going through ok. It looks like this issue will need to be investigated more closely. Please create a ticket by emailing support@swtor.com, and within it please include your dxdiag and MSinfo(these may not be needed, but can't hurt), and our trace, in addition to the steps you have already taken.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

SpaceGaunt
07.03.2012 , 05:02 PM | #138
Hi, after have gone through this myself, I feel obliged to attempt to help you who are still in this predicament.

I first noticed that I was unable to log in to the game due to the effects that some of you have noted.

I then attempted to see if it was a problem in my account, so I subsequently attempted to log into my SWtOR account.
I was unable to do so, so I called customer support. By the way, the message I received while attempting to log into my SWtOR account was that "The log in failed" or " I have exceeded the chances at the security question, and my account has been blocked"

A few minutes later I was talking to support and he was able to, I imagine reset my password from his side, and after I was able to log into my SWtOR account, I was able to log into the game.

He informed me that if it happens in the future, one way to try to resolve it is through initiating a password reset.

Hope this helps, see you in game!
"I learned a long time ago, never argue with stupid people. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
-HelinCarnate

cashtwotwo
07.03.2012 , 06:04 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaceGaunt View Post
Hi, after have gone through this myself, I feel obliged to attempt to help you who are still in this predicament.

I first noticed that I was unable to log in to the game due to the effects that some of you have noted.

I then attempted to see if it was a problem in my account, so I subsequently attempted to log into my SWtOR account.
I was unable to do so, so I called customer support. By the way, the message I received while attempting to log into my SWtOR account was that "The log in failed" or " I have exceeded the chances at the security question, and my account has been blocked"

A few minutes later I was talking to support and he was able to, I imagine reset my password from his side, and after I was able to log into my SWtOR account, I was able to log into the game.

He informed me that if it happens in the future, one way to try to resolve it is through initiating a password reset.

Hope this helps, see you in game!
The message this thread and the others are about is the message: The login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums...

This message greys out all fields and nothing can be typed in. It is not an error message after typing in user info and then pressing login.

SpaceGaunt
07.03.2012 , 06:11 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by cashtwotwo View Post
The message this thread and the others are about is the message: The login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums...

This message greys out all fields and nothing can be typed in. It is not an error message after typing in user info and then pressing login.
I'd be wary to try to narrow it down to only this being the problem discussed.

When the problem occurred to me, problem being after I tried to log into the game, it said, along the lines of the service is not available, please visit the forums. I will admit that the problem of graying out and not being able to type in did not occur to me, but I believe there were people who had problems similar to mine who might find this info useful.
"I learned a long time ago, never argue with stupid people. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
-HelinCarnate