Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[WIndows 7 Guide] How To Increase SWTOR Performance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[WIndows 7 Guide] How To Increase SWTOR Performance

zenkmander
06.06.2012 , 01:33 PM | #41
Just as a note, users with a SSD should NOT defragment.

Also, I believe you can selectively disable Aero by disabling visual themes and desktop composition in the Compatibility tab of Properties for swtor.exe.
Quarantine
- Sith Empire Guild, PvP, End Game Content, RP
- Guild Page

DiabloDoom
06.06.2012 , 07:41 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackcules View Post
Its ******* like you that prevent the large player base that play this game from getting a fix. I average 220FPS in wow in populated cities (stormwind) and around 185 in BGs. I have tried this game on both my desktop (GTX570, 16gigs ram, i7970) and my ASUS G73SW republic of gamers. And guess what? Both have issues with stuttering ingame and sudden FPS drops anywhere when objects have to be rendered (PvP). Please tell me my hardware isn't within specifications. A 7 year old gaming desktop should blow this junk out of the water.

Oh would you also like my 3DMark scores as well? Or maybe some other benchmarks?

BTW I did all these tips prior to this being posted and blaming my poor FPS on the game's engine. I actually did hours of research and tried dozens of fixes to no avail. So kindly **** and look at a much more informative thread that covers far more
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=327922

Good luck actually getting these fixes to work
yeah those are legendary tweaks from the Von himself. Also posted on steampowered.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1315790

Nice post OP, while it may be true that the games engine sucks at streamlining client/server, you can still boost your gaming performance if the game is bottlenecking you system with just a few of your mentioned tweaks. I haven't tweaked my pc for games in years, back with 2D games where I would run ACPI PC and disable a core, but I should really turn aero off, my XP looked like win98 there's no reason win7 shouldn't either

Benfea
06.24.2012 , 03:15 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by zenkmander View Post
Just as a note, users with a SSD should NOT defragment.

Also, I believe you can selectively disable Aero by disabling visual themes and desktop composition in the Compatibility tab of Properties for swtor.exe.
Was just gonna say that.

Defragmenting is a process specifically designed to improve performance on spinning platters by making sure the read-write head doesn't need to move around as much to get at the data. Defragment a SSD, and all you do is add wear and tear.
"It's great to be known, but it's even better to be known as strange."
-Takeshi Kaga

DarkSaberMaster
07.17.2012 , 05:55 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunez View Post
I'm curious if anyone has tried any of these tips yet. Just changing your theme to Windows Classic for instance helps increase SWTOR running efficiency drastically. I use all of the listed tips and my game runs beautifully with the highest game settings. I've tested it on my laptop, and my friend used it on his laptop as well, and he claims his performance is drastically improved.
Just wanted to say thank you for all these tips and yes. I use them. I just recently purchased a new laptop ( i5 dual core 2.5 GHZ, 6 gb DDR3, 2 GB DDR3 graphics card) and applied all of these tips. It has improved my game play plus my overall pc performance in general. Keep up the good work and if you have any more tips, please add them.
Daage: (Serenity Shadow) Daege: (AP Powertech)
The Harbinger Thanks for killing Engineer Snipers, Devs
Referral link for free stuff

Tommohawk
07.26.2012 , 11:38 AM | #45
You deserve a Medal! Now running full spec (minus shadows as I'm not fussed with them) and I have no lag! Thank you!!!

pocketthesaurus
07.26.2012 , 12:20 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackcules View Post
Its ******* like you that prevent the large player base that play this game from getting a fix. I average 220FPS in wow in populated cities (stormwind) and around 185 in BGs. I have tried this game on both my desktop (GTX570, 16gigs ram, i7970) and my ASUS G73SW republic of gamers. And guess what? Both have issues with stuttering ingame and sudden FPS drops anywhere when objects have to be rendered (PvP). Please tell me my hardware isn't within specifications. A 7 year old gaming desktop should blow this junk out of the water.
7 years ago, I bought a brand new gaming desktop. It doesn't even meet the minimum specs of this game in some places. What are you even talking about?

Anyway, I get about 220FPS in WoW, too, but on here it's around 100. But what would you expect? WoW was designed (and redesigned for Cataclysm) to ruin on a junk machine.

SpoeMeister
02.25.2013 , 04:18 AM | #47
Sorry for necroing this thread, but I need a subscription for future reference.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

Jensaga
02.25.2013 , 09:45 AM | #48
these tips increased my fps by about 10. very helpful

tacito
02.25.2013 , 10:35 AM | #49
Biggest performance gain for me was upgrading to windows 8. No other hardware changes, now run the game with shadows on high and stuff at the same rate as I did before without any shadows or filtering.

superpossu
03.01.2013 , 01:55 PM | #50
Im using laptop and i had problems with game performance so thanks for this guide and it was rly helpful