Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[WIndows 7 Guide] How To Increase SWTOR Performance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[WIndows 7 Guide] How To Increase SWTOR Performance

Enkenon
06.04.2012 , 04:24 AM | #21
Lol.
Just lol.
No matter what you do you cannot change the awfully heavy graphics engine this game has.
(ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZB]]]]][[[[[BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ)

Mirab
06.04.2012 , 09:44 AM | #22
You Dear Sir Enkenon, have no idea what you are talking about.

OP, ty for the Aero tip

RobertoThePot
06.04.2012 , 10:14 AM | #23
This thread needs to be "sticky", I have a high end system but it helped a friend of mine a lot, 100% recomended.

Blackcules
06.05.2012 , 09:30 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunez View Post
Coming Soon!
1) Section on Port Forwarding
There should be a section on "None of these tips work good enough to compensate for a god awful engine"
Handclappin' *****es since '05

Darth_Victus
06.05.2012 , 09:35 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackcules View Post
There should be a section on "None of these tips work good enough to compensate for a god awful engine"
Nah. The next section should advise people that the above fixes can not fix stupid.

I did what was suggested in this forums and the difference in performance is tremendous. So common for people to blame a developer for a crappy engine, etc; when the very problem is with the players own computer.

Blackcules
06.05.2012 , 09:49 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Victus View Post
Nah. The next section should advise people that the above fixes can not fix stupid.

I did what was suggested in this forums and the difference in performance is tremendous. So common for people to blame a developer for a crappy engine, etc; when the very problem is with the players own computer.
Its ******* like you that prevent the large player base that play this game from getting a fix. I average 220FPS in wow in populated cities (stormwind) and around 185 in BGs. I have tried this game on both my desktop (GTX570, 16gigs ram, i7970) and my ASUS G73SW republic of gamers. And guess what? Both have issues with stuttering ingame and sudden FPS drops anywhere when objects have to be rendered (PvP). Please tell me my hardware isn't within specifications. A 7 year old gaming desktop should blow this junk out of the water.

Oh would you also like my 3DMark scores as well? Or maybe some other benchmarks?

BTW I did all these tips prior to this being posted and blaming my poor FPS on the game's engine. I actually did hours of research and tried dozens of fixes to no avail. So kindly **** and look at a much more informative thread that covers far more
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=327922

Good luck actually getting these fixes to work
Handclappin' *****es since '05

Temad
06.05.2012 , 09:55 PM | #28
Quote:
Video game coding has nothing to do with how your PC performs and runs software. Please don't confuse the two.
Actually, when the software you are trying to run on your PC is a video game, the coding has pretty much everything to do with how well it runs so long as you have minimum specs.

If you don't have minimum specs these tips sure can't hurt but if you have 6+ GBs of RAM they will do very little.
This is my signature.

Malles
06.05.2012 , 09:57 PM | #29
Bookmarked.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.
Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Elderhound
06.05.2012 , 10:01 PM | #30
]Thank you so much. I am running through the steps now and I'll let you know if I got a lot of improvement.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this guide is great for people to get some performance gains.
Jedi Master Kalic Sceptre- Legacy Of The Republic -Jedi Covenant █╬╬╬╬╬╬█║‾|███████████████████████████████)