Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If you were a Jedi/Sith which Lightsaber form would you specialize in?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
If you were a Jedi/Sith which Lightsaber form would you specialize in?

RDeanOU
06.01.2012 , 10:11 PM | #1
It would be a difficult choice for me between Shien and Soresu. Ultimately, I would probably have to go with Shien because it retains much of the defense of Soresu, but adds a little offensive punch.

Interested to hear which forms appeal to others and why.

Aurbere
06.01.2012 , 10:15 PM | #2
Tough choice. I would probably practice two forms: Niman and Jung Ma.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Velaran
06.01.2012 , 10:20 PM | #3
Well I love Jar'Kai and Shien, but as we know from that clone, double Shien just looks idiotic.

Eh. It's a toss up.

Wolfninjajedi
06.01.2012 , 10:46 PM | #4
All, become a master swordsmen.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Captain_Zone
06.01.2012 , 10:49 PM | #5
Well, first I would grow a beard, then perfect the Trollesu Form beyond what even Obi-Wan was able to achieve with it.

But seriously, I prefer Shien Form ingame for both my Guardian and my Juggernaut, and would love to see the actual animations reflect each Form instead of the generic attack animations that are in there already.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

GIF_Bluehawk
06.02.2012 , 02:45 AM | #6
I would master two forms, reverse-style Shien (Form V), and Ataru (Form IV).

EDIT: Thank you for the correction. Don't know why my brain said Form III. -.-
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU.

SNCommand
06.02.2012 , 04:12 AM | #7
I would try to master both Makashi and Soresu, giving me an edge against the two most common opponents one could face
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

AngelousWang
06.02.2012 , 05:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GIF_Bluehawk View Post
I would master two forms, reverse-style Shien (Form V), and Ataru (Form IV).
Form III is Soresu.

I would Master Form V completely, that way you have all your weakness covered. That way you have the Djem-So sub-form (Vader) for taking on single opponents and Lightsaber on Lightsaber combat, Shien sub-form (Gelen Marek) for taking on multiple opponents and blaster wielding opponents (though I wouldn't bother with reverse grip, using both with standard grip make it easier to switch on the fly as needed).
CE VIP

Laris_Rai
06.02.2012 , 08:35 AM | #9
Shien and Niman. Perfect for mixing some Force attacks in with my lightsaber work.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

ToEasy
06.02.2012 , 08:40 AM | #10
I would probably go with Djem So(Form V) then master Ataru (Form IV)
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu