Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback on the State of Operations

DeketheDeke
06.03.2012 , 10:15 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
Just a quick question.

How did both this and the HM Kephess post turn into discussions about healers, and healing in general? Shouldn't those be discussions in the healing forums or specific class forums?

Now that is off my chest, I can address the main points:
HM Kephess is a positioning and healer fight. The OP here wrote a lengthy segment on proposed changes to healers. These threads are getting hijacked by healers but that doesn't mean it's off-topic from the discussion at hand.

pureeffinmetal
06.04.2012 , 02:32 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DeketheDeke View Post
HM Kephess is a positioning and healer fight. The OP here wrote a lengthy segment on proposed changes to healers. These threads are getting hijacked by healers but that doesn't mean it's off-topic from the discussion at hand.
I wouldn't classify Kephess as a Healer fight at all. Each role as their own checks they must overcome during the course of the fight or the raid will not be successful.

Kephess is one of the more balance fights in game come to think it. And probably the most well done.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

Shlamorel
06.04.2012 , 06:30 AM | #23
I agree very much with your idea of giving healers some abilities that give their target's more temporary survivability (i.e.,a tank cooldown).

Let me give a scenario: If the tank is low on life and I also have a very critical role to play (pulling someone out of harm's way by using "rescue"), the tank isn't easily aware of my predicament. It would be awesome if I were to have a 2 or 3 minute cooldown I could toss on the tank long enough to allow me to fulfill another life-saving role.

It isn't so much about increasing the tank's survivability against the boss he is tanking - our tanks can do that just fine. What he can't do is know when I have crticial choices to make that could cost him his life, and giving us a cooldown that would help mitigate his dmg received for a brief period could help dramatically.
Shlamorel Sta'raeth - Jedi Seer
Dragonbrand
------------
I vow to try and respond in a constructive and positive manner

Shlamorel
06.04.2012 , 06:36 AM | #24
Just a quick question.

How did both this and the HM Kephess post turn into discussions about healers, and healing in general? Shouldn't those be discussions in the healing forums or specific class forums?
Several of the OP's points/suggestions involved healing. We healers are probably just an engaging and chatty bunch Perhaps that's why so much of the discussion in the threads you mention end up discussing healing.

Since a lot of the healing responses deal with points the OP made, I think it's fine to include in this thread, particularly since this wasn't about a particular boss strategy or anything like that.
Shlamorel Sta'raeth - Jedi Seer
Dragonbrand
------------
I vow to try and respond in a constructive and positive manner

_Zorth_
06.04.2012 , 08:38 AM | #25
Two things to add to that list..

~ Too many trash mobs.
~ Too long travel times back to boss after a wipe.
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

LexiCazam
06.04.2012 , 09:19 AM | #26

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the great feedback and for keeping this discussion constructive and interesting. We love to see threads like this and appreciate the effort you've all put into the community!

Keep it going!

Anomorn
06.04.2012 , 11:39 AM | #27
My main complaint is that the raids are too short, at least so far. My favorite raids have always been the ones that are 12-14 bosses. They feel more epic. Denova was awesome, but didn't immerse me like a raid twice its size would. I don't mind some easier bosses mixed in with some hard bosses, but I never feel like I'm leading up to anything but loot with such short operations.

I understand every operation can't be ridiculously long, though.
Glowsticks of Nerf Dialogue
* World 3rd Tier Ⅰ Nightmare 16m * World 1st Tier Ⅱ Hard 8m *

Larry_Dallas
06.04.2012 , 12:01 PM | #28
2. Tank threat is lower than what it should be. Let me clarify before some elitists claim that they don't have issues. I don't normally either but as DPS gear is obtained, their threat skyrockets, but as tanks receive better gear, threat only increases slightly. Taunt should not act the way it does and become part of the "rotation" to maintain threat and subsequently build up such a lead to never be close to be lost. Increase threat on some abilities across the board, and change the way taunt works to be snap threat to grab a mob back.
I've actually been wondering if this issue is why the stats for DPS BH gear are so...strange. Huge increases in END and small ones in, for instance, willpower.

Lymain
06.04.2012 , 01:12 PM | #29
Main issues for me...

1) Long travel times after wipes. I assume this is an intentional time sink or something, but it's pretty annoying.

2) Resetting instances respawns trash. I could add "too much trash" to this list, but it really wouldn't be that bad if we didn't have to clear it more than once per week.

wainot-keel
06.04.2012 , 01:23 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kihra View Post

(5) Operations Frames and Buffs/Debuffs

The UI improvements in 1.2 were simply wonderful. There are two areas that could still use improvement however. The first is buffs/debuffs on raid frames. Give people the ability to only show debuffs on the Operations frames for example and make them big enough to be visible, and that would go a long way. Having a visible time remaining number showable on buffs and debuffs would be helpful also.

For player and target frames it would be great if you could position buffs/debuffs independently of those frames. It would be nice if you could then filter them to only show your buffs/debuffs, to only show buffs and not debuffs, etc.

With more precise control over buffs and debuffs, you could up the difficulty of encounters knowing that players have the tools to more easily spot debuffs.
Already quoted, but this.

I have a anni marauder and damn.... It's hard to see your dots on target in a 8 players operation (and I don't even want to think what kind of a mess could that be in a 16 one ). I sometimes just find myself "guessing" if I need to recharge my sabers, or if I should refresh Rupture.
Even it's hard to see if I have the 3 stacks of annihilation on me. Options on what to see and what not see would be great, but I'd be happy if I could see "my" stuff with bigger icons than anything else and always on the 1st row, so a quick glance at the target's bar would suffice to know what needs to be done.