Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Twinbros
06.01.2012 , 06:34 PM | #31
So one thing I really like about the Star Wars universe is the many different and interesting species. Can we expect to see some new species added to the game in the "near" future (in 2012)? In particular Togruta or Nautolan?

alifaraaz
06.01.2012 , 06:42 PM | #32
Will you be bringing Nightmare Mode EC in patch 1.4, and will Patch 1.4 also include a new Operation? I feel most raiders want to see a new Operation in 1.4, however releasing Nightmare EC with a new Operation will make progression guilds have to decide over NiM EC or HM of the new Ops. So would you instead release Nightmare EC in a non 1.X major patch, and maybe in a 1.3.X patch?
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Flameburst
06.01.2012 , 06:49 PM | #33
With the the new social gear feature in 1.3 it will be something like this right?

You have 2 items. You choose the apperance of 1, stats of the other, then Kaboom! they are 1 piece of gear with one's stats and one's apperance? Right?
Charachter Name: Flameburst
Server: The Bastion
Level: 16
Class / Advanced Class: Sith Warrior / Sith Marauder

scullzomben
06.01.2012 , 06:49 PM | #34
Do you have any updates as to when we will see the current "Normal Mode Only" Flashpoints obtaining a hard mode? There really is no reason to run some of the earlier flashpoints, which imho, are some of the best (ie Athiss, Red Reaper, Mandalorian Raiders)

JohnnyAceEVPTR
06.01.2012 , 06:50 PM | #35
How do we get purple crystal schematics? (color not rarity)

shadylestat
06.01.2012 , 06:57 PM | #36
This would be more centered on companion character interaction after the maximum affection is obtain question.
Is there any plan to make our companions wives interact more with us.. like sending gift and love letter more frequently to share some thoughts, , changing dialogue when we married them... make them actually more bound to us not having the same dialogue since the beginning when you click on them. For my warrior as exemple i've married Jaesa willsam it would be awesome if i click on her instead of saying Master she says my love or husband.. and some dialogue fighting as well would be nice... like "Together we will destroy them" as exemple.

discbox
06.01.2012 , 07:00 PM | #37
Are there any plans to improof the item preview?

I. e. a zoom in for the armor preview window? Or a preview for weapons?

SerikFox
06.01.2012 , 07:09 PM | #38
Is there any hope of seeing some additional specs in game? Maybe unlocked through legacy? For example, I love all of the knight specs, but I'm really missing my favorite lightsaber form - Makashi. I'd also like to see Niman and Djem So.

Ragun
06.01.2012 , 07:11 PM | #39
In a previous Q&A you noted that the varied durability for armor types was something that no longer made sense in the final design of the game, which leads me to wonder about what value we get from the armor type system as a whole. The restrictions it places seem very arbitrary. Troopers can dress up like Jedi without penalty, but marauders can't wear robes with breastplates under them. From the point of view of the developer, is there anything the armor type system adds to this game in its current incarnation?

SvnStrSlm
06.01.2012 , 07:25 PM | #40
With the newly announce level cap increase what can we expect in the terms of advancement? Also why is there a level increase. What can you tell us because personally it feels cheap, like some one saw that when game X raised the level cap they saw an influx of players. Also what are you doing in preparations for the obvious balance issues since this seems like a last minute idea that you are being forced to pu out muh earlier than intended.