Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

06.05.2012 , 06:09 AM | #271
very excited about server transfers that are upcoming. My question is about account transfers of toons. I have 2 accounts and would like to be able to transfer one of the toons from one account to another, so i can let my nephew play the 2nd account and use a certain toon to heal him...will this be possible after 1.3? I realize that this may need to be a pay action, but I would jump at the opportunity

06.05.2012 , 06:09 AM | #272
Hello, can you tell us if the "exciting development" in space is full 3D space? I don't know anyone who is using space anymore and I have a high degree of confidence that your own metrics confirm this... If the "exciting development" is more same-type current missions that I stopped running at level 20 on my very first toon, I think you are misjudging what people want.

When I think about the iconic moments of Star Wars... when *you* think about the iconic moments of Star Wars... What comes to mind? What environment did *all six* movies use for their opening scene? Space?

Star Wars is X-Wings (TIE Fighters) and Light Sabers. You're halfway there... Please, please go the distance.

(While I am sure it's irritating and chafes to hear this, but JTL was phenomenal as a stand alone and well integrated into an MMO... Sorry for bringing this up... )

06.05.2012 , 06:10 AM | #273
Will we ever see proper black robes on the Republic side? I understand you want to maintain faction identity, but it's hard to play a dark jedi without the robes to boot!

06.05.2012 , 07:11 AM | #274
Hi Official Q&A Thread team.

My question is about the artifice recipes that utilise biometric crystal alloys, to be more specific, the named lightsaber recipes and rakata relic recipes. I will start with the lightsabers: Defenders Mettle, Truthseeker, Zez-Kai Ell's Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Niman Master's Secondary Lightsaber, Radiant Blade all take 3 biometric crystal alloys, obtainable from hardmodes but all of them are to be frank completely worthless.

The rakata relics that artifice can create are also pointless, the stats on them are less than the ones that you can get from daily commendations..

I suppose my question is this: Is there any thought being given to making recipes that utilise biometric alloy actually useful and worthwhile, in fact any recipes that are useful, or is it that we will always be grinding for the "next best armor/weapons/offhand gens/focus" that arrive with the level raises and should we therefore just forget the crafting systems exists..

06.05.2012 , 07:23 AM | #275
It seems to me the one major thing this game is lacking is community. At this point joining a Guild has little value other than finding people to play with. When will we hear more details (i.e. time-frames & system details) on Guild systems you are planning for this game?

06.05.2012 , 07:41 AM | #276
I dont know weather this queastion was asked before, but i think i have never seen it. Will there ever be an option to preview weapons as we can do with armor?

06.05.2012 , 08:04 AM | #277
Will targeting ever be fixed? I would like to be able to target the player in front of me who is bashing me into the ground.

06.05.2012 , 08:24 AM | #278
will the future content announced (raised level cap, new planet) be in the form of DLC, paid expansion, or a normal update like 1.3 or 1.4 etc? Free stuff, bandwagon referral link, click if you want

06.05.2012 , 09:20 AM | #279
Well I think it's too late for this week, but I was told to post here by AlisonBerryman, so here goes:

Will the raise in level cap this year coincide with new class story missions for each class? If so, will it be a whole chapter, part of an "interlude", or something else?
I tried leaving the forums. But the Sith Empire has returned!

06.05.2012 , 10:53 AM | #280
1) Any chance you will make schematics BOE or BOL (Bind on Legacy) from OPS/FP drops. This is such a waste to see these get vendored off all the time because its BOP or that crafter has it already (Again). Bind on Legacy (BOL) so you can give it to your ALT that does have that craft.

2) Would you please give the Artiface Craft better End Game schematics for BOP items. Having the ability to align with other professions. Currently the limited set of Rakata Relics is no match to some of the other excellent items such at Synthweaving can make.

3) More BOL items would be appreciated. Especially if Cargo Bays are going to be shared one day between your characters on the same server. Talking about Schematics and maybe even some of the Crafted gear like Artiface Relics BOL for Alt's in Legacy.
Reference Link: Why bother? Folks dropping sub's like flys lately.
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Suggestions to Bioware: Release "REAL" Sub rewards list.