Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alxandria
06.01.2012 , 05:02 PM | #11
Can we get a detailed (or as detailed as possible with examples) breakdown of the affect of Presence on our companions? I'm specifically targeting info that would explain if the bonuses are weighted (Meaning an even improvement across the level up process) or static (meaning a more meaningful effect at early levels, with diminishing effectiveness as you level up)?

Anamodiel
06.01.2012 , 05:05 PM | #12
Are there any plans for Exotech Stim schematics do be obtainable any other way than through random trash drops in Raids?
#The Furious Angels#
Anamodiel - Master of Veritas
Website|The Signal|HQ
Libertas|Emeritus|Veritas|Aequitas|Praelium|Ad Astra|Velox

Wefi
06.01.2012 , 05:08 PM | #13
With Adaptive Social gear comming in 1.3, will there be anychance of Expanding it to Every gear with customization options?

in a recent interview, Daniel stated the reason behind making it social only was Class Labeling in PvP. Ie a Jedi In trooper armor. How ever My Guardian can wear orange armor For Trooper, and my Trooper can wear the orange robes for Jedi. Most pvp'ers know that im a Jedi the second i Force leap andgive them a face full of Saber. The pvp thing isnt a Real reason behind this. Theres some gear in the game i love the look of, but have to sacrifice Stats to Wear it. Light armor users are forced to use light, or Social limited their look more then any class in the game. To me this game feels like theres to many Restrictions, and not enough freedom.
Ex-SWG clientside Modder. Creator of Super Jedi. Fixing what is broken since 2004.

InnerPieces
06.01.2012 , 05:12 PM | #14
Here is a thread with (currently) 20 questions in the top post I know many of us are dying to get answers for:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=467392

If I had to choose one question from the 20 though, I suppose this one is the most useful right now:

Will we receive a list of intended to and from servers for the “free” transfers ahead of time?

This is important because some of us are capped or just want to start a new character. We might prefer to start any future characters on the server we will be transferring our characters to in order to establish ourselves in our new community or to simply make the transfer process easier by having one less character to transfer

Thanks!
Quote:
"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.

monkgryphon
06.01.2012 , 05:12 PM | #15
Is it possible that we may see future level 50 daily content that will bring you into the opposing faction's side of the daily areas? Such as the Black Hole area, or the northern section of Belsavis, and even Ilum. On a PVP server, it would be nice to be forced into going into the opposing faction's territory to do a quest or two.

JeramieCrowe
06.01.2012 , 05:14 PM | #16
You pulled open-world PvP from Ilum for a complete revamp. Can you shed any light, at all, on what you're working on? Design idea? Concept you're shooting for? Anything?
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Jaavik
06.01.2012 , 05:15 PM | #17
What plans are in the works to institute a Mentoring/Side-Kicking system so players of all levels can play together?

This would help casual players be able to play with their FRIENDS who have higher level characters. It makes it difficult to bring our friends INTO the game if we have to create new characters to play alongside them, and then make sure that we are BOTH available at the same time to play and not out-level one another.
JAAVIK
The Darkholde Legacy - Prophecy of the Five server

Join "The Art of Warfare" Gaming Community
The Republic of TAW and The Empire of TAW

Heradron
06.01.2012 , 05:24 PM | #18
Is there any plans in the future to change the way loot is dropped in ops and hm fp's.There has been many times we have run an op or some hm fp's to gear up a specific toon 'say a trooper and all that drops is smuggler gear or jedi knight gear.Can it not be changed to a token system so that its just lets say rakkata legs and anyone in the group can roll on said item or bid dkp for said item.Its just a bit disheartining to run an op for a couple of hrs or hm fp's for a couple of hrs and the toons that realy need the gear come away with nothing.Yet quite a few peoples companions get gear instead.

markyboy
06.01.2012 , 05:25 PM | #19
Can you confirm any additional content for 1.3? Yes we know theres all the legacy stuff and ranked warzones finally, but are there any new flashpoints, ops or dailies to look forward to in 1.3?
As many of us are running out of things to do
And please could you settle the question of Server transfers, Will they be free??? or will there be a charge??

Thanks

DarkSaberMaster
06.01.2012 , 05:43 PM | #20
I have a question for the Devs. Why is it that Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights are the only professions that don't share the same armor type? Marauders/Sentinels wear medium armor and Juggernauts/Guardians wear heavy armor. If it is a matter of because Sents/Maras use dual sabers, so Juggs/Guardians get the heavier armor protection, then just add a debuff to Sents/Maras to when wearing heavy armor, it only gives the armor benefits of medium armor. That way we no longer have the disparity, nobody is nerfed or buffed and us Sents and Maras can wear the cool looking armor our brethren can wear.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow)
D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
Referral link for free stuff