Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Davirkid
06.03.2012 , 05:42 PM | #181
Will we get more quickbar than the 4 we have, many here feel that the 4 we have not been enough and will it come with patch 1.3

StagehandMERC
06.03.2012 , 05:58 PM | #182
can you talk about efficiency bonuses for crew skills? are they a percent reduction to the time it takes to complete tasks, or is there more to it than that? also, is there an efficiency bonus granted by companion affection? how does it scale from 0 affection through to full?
Shadow Squad guild @ Prophecy of the Five
contributor to Mos Eisley Radio Podcast
www.MosEisleyRadio.com
twitter: @JDFack

SentinelDranoel
06.03.2012 , 06:02 PM | #183
How will the new group system work after ranked matches and cross server is implemented? As it is right now, 4 man premades are dominating and causing people who are not in a group to queue less. Also because they are together they tend to take away the spots on a 8 man team. Can the new pvp features address these issues?
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

OsunTris
06.03.2012 , 06:13 PM | #184
When you will release an MAC OS X Version of the GAME?

Iam sick of waiting and playing via bootcamp.
NAFIL - JUGGERNAUT

Tiars
06.03.2012 , 06:52 PM | #185
I have enjoyed many MMORPGs that I have played that are like SW:TOR in that they are designed to be PvE games with PvP as an option. I will be honest that in many of this style MMORPGs I have had fun PvPing at times.

But I am starting to get worried about the direction of SW:TOR. To be blunt the developers seem to be planning on SW:TOR being a PvP game with a PvE option. Is this true?

I get this feeling because prior to 1.2 PvP was the quickest way to gear up for PvE content. After 1.2 PvP still seems to be the best mechanism to gear up for PvE, especially for the Imperial Players. I am in favor of the ranked PvP but with the posts that implies that a significant effort is being put into Open World PvP I am worried. My experience has been that significant open world PvP significantly disrupts PvE play. Especially when the players and developers feel that restricting open PvP to PvP only zones like Restuss in SWG and Wintergrasp in WoW is not open world PvP.

GimpsStarkiller
06.03.2012 , 07:43 PM | #186
This there still going to be a Mac version of the game? I had read that it was a idea to have it come out after a while, so what me and a lot of other people were wondering is, is it still a idea and will we be seeing TOR on a mac? i know a lot of mac users want to see one come out and not have to play on a windows version only. even tho they can bootcamp it but that's really not the ideal way to have to play this game. I myself am playing on my laptop because that's the only windows that i have and playing on a laptop isn't really the best way to be playing games unless it's built for that reason.

Midora
06.03.2012 , 08:39 PM | #187
Here's an idea... Why not have an app for devices where you can do all your crafting, and all that, and then have a mini-game system which helps you make money to get more resources and such...
RIP SWG entertainers!

ltervlet
06.03.2012 , 10:15 PM | #188
My question involves guild admin capabilities. Currently, if you click on "Remove From Guild" there is no confirmatory box that opens and says something to the effect of "DO YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THIS?. This command line is directly below "Set Member Note" and if you move in the slightest while you are trying to click on "Set Member Note" you find that you have inadvertently clicked on "Remove From Guild". My question is: Has there been any thought about adding a confirmatory step to the gkick process like there is in just about every other game on the market that has guilds? This becomes an even bigger nightmare when you try to send a game mail to the individual you just accidentally gkicked. The game mail message size is SO LIMITED that to 1) Explain who you are, then 2) Explain what just happened, then 3) Apologize profusely, and finally 4) Give the individual directions on how to remedy the issue, you are on the 2nd or possibly even 3rd page of the game mail and you have lost the individual on the 1st page. All of this could be avoided by simply adding a confirmatory step to clicking "Remove From Guild". I can't imagine that a small dialog box with a single question and a yes/cancel answer box to click can amount to that much code being added to the game. : And it would certainly make this diplomatic nightmare go away for all of us that have admin privleges in our guilds. Please say you will consider my suggestion and "MAKE IT SO". Thanks for listening!

Supaaq
06.04.2012 , 12:10 AM | #189
Server Migration will be a great answer to many of the current population issues in-game. In looking through the forums, you can see many attempts being made on a grassroots level to keep the communities that currently exist on many servers together once the ability to transfer becomes available. Would BIOWARE consider giving the community some advance information on the transfer options that will be available? The more early info we have, the easier it will be for players to coordinate.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taa D'Anchorhead, Operative Medic At Large
Prophecy of the Five US/PVP

ped_i
06.04.2012 , 01:32 AM | #190
Is it possible to give an option at the end of the game for dark side republic players or light side empire players to switch side and actually go to the other side ?