Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZaRree
06.02.2012 , 12:25 PM | #111
Are you currently working on optimizing the game engine?
We did notice some improvements in 1.2, very pleased. But are there any plans in the near future? More specific, higher textures and reduced lag when there are large amount of people in the area
Oh please I'm no hero, just rational.

VexedLucifer
06.02.2012 , 12:52 PM | #112
Question: What's taking so long to merge servers and when can we expect them (I'd like a solid date or two week window)?

Suggestion: You should consolidate all the low pop servers based on types. (All low PvP servers with other low PvP servers etc...) and then merge them. After the merger you should activate transfers. Or you could respond by saying your working on it, giving yet another vague answer. This requires action now and answers set in stone. You will not respond to this question. I'd say my jimmies are a bit rustled because I love to do the operations, but I can't do Denova Hardmode with just 5 people on fleet, can I? (also I've cleared all the operations on all difficulties I'm quite good at the game yay!)

GrillMeACheese
06.02.2012 , 12:59 PM | #113
It seems that right now there is a bit of an imbalance with the "mission" crewskills, specifically i would cite Investigation and Underworld Trading. Only one crafting skill uses investigation (Armstech), whereas three skills use underworld trading (Synthweaving, Armormech, and Cybertech). This makes it considerably harder to get materials for UT because of the variety of missions (metals, fabrics, and gifts), sometimes there isn't even a mission for what you want. My question is, why do skills like investigation only benefit one crafting skill while underworld trading benefits three? Is there any plan to change this in the future to make it as easy to get Mandalorian Iron as it is to get Ultrachrome?

Otovyoto
06.02.2012 , 12:59 PM | #114
Otovyoto (TarroBlood): Hey there Devs! Currently, when we go to invite for groups, we tend to go to the "friends" tab. It would be A LOT easier if the same function could be added to the "guild" tab. Any thoughts on implementing this to the UI?

Glzmo
06.02.2012 , 01:12 PM | #115
Could you please share news on chat bubbles? What's the target ETA (date or patch number) for them? We haven't heard anything about chat bubbles since February/early March and many would like to know when we'll finally see them in the game.
Keep in mind that many long-term subscriptions are up for renewal soon, and many social roleplayers may not renew if we don't get an official ETA on chat bubbles soon.

Viledinner
06.02.2012 , 01:22 PM | #116
Any plans to add more Daily area's like the Black Hole,also are you planing in increasing the rewards from them (i.g.Credits or new ways to gear up)?
"Evil is a point of view,My lightsaber is the point and it's now in your view..."

Claymaniac
06.02.2012 , 01:28 PM | #117
Will anything be done to fix the numerous missing codex entries? It was touted as a big feature pre launch and there are tons of entries that are unavailable to us. Where are our titles!
Skeksis: Jedi Sage on Prophecy of the Five. P5 FTW!!!

YolteotlOni
06.02.2012 , 01:34 PM | #118
Why are the Human Species character-creation customizations Class/Faction specific regardless of your Legacy unlock?

Oragummi
06.02.2012 , 01:36 PM | #119
I have noticed while playing a scoundrel and operative that the skills K.O. and Jarring Strike don't seem to knock down the target for as long as they used to. I used to use the brief stun from this skill to get in an extra cheap shot or eviscerate but now am unable to. My question is what was the reason for shortening the stun for these abilities and are there any plans to return to the way it used to be (seeing as how operatives and scoundrels can't get an extra hit in on the target in this amount of time). Thanks.

Cluvdowns
06.02.2012 , 01:41 PM | #120
So I bought the 5 mil neutral GTN for legacy. I invited some guildies to go to my ship and check it out. Well we couldnt find anything so I offered 50k to the first one to find a item actually on it. We found 2 Mandolrian Iron for 100k a piece... Thats it. So with 1.3 will yall connect it thru both factions? So if I put a item up it will appear on both and when I am looking to buy I can see both? People will want to buy it more and I wont feel that I just wasted 5 mil.