Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A: June 1st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A: June 1st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Restepor
06.03.2012 , 07:26 PM | #61
I'm actually pretty interested by that random Flashpoint. Definitively will help in getting those social points that I so badly need.

Retro_Chrome
06.04.2012 , 08:20 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by nartiuslightlord View Post
Holy god you guys can be rude. I have some concerns about the game as well, but since i'm calm and collected maybe I can't understand that anger.. I look forward to anything new they will throw at me.

I think once they get these rabid PVP people happpy they really need to start working on more chapters. get those voice actors back to work.

It seems right now they're spending a great deal of time focusing on PVP and this game is not about PVP. it's a mini game added for when your bored.

PVE needs help, and I hope they don't start using these ghostly metrics to start Nerfing us because of PVP again. you guys really need to make one mega PVP server and add special rulesets to it and leave PVP optional for those of us who just want some PVP fun.

Good to see they still want to talk to us. with all the crazy post I see when I stop playing and risk my life to view the forums.

Thanks BW keep us in the loop guys.

BW I don't care about rated warzones and never will. this is not an e-sport
They are focussing so much on PVP because suprisingly enough The majority of the player base participates in warzones and PVP of some shape or form. This was mentioned at the guild summit. i have never once commented that they do not need to help PvE and never have i said that all this PVE is useless.

I havent run into a post that said anything like this. That being said while i do not enjoy your play style, i think that all aspects of the game deserve a look. your condescending attitude towards pvp and pvpers in general makes you just as bad as the worst elitest pvper.

Your friendly neighborhood calm and collected PVPer
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrandis View Post
I hate to say this but we are in terms of genetics 96% the same as chimps. We evolved from chimps, but damn I must say that 4% makes all the difference.

lexiekaboom
06.04.2012 , 01:46 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Karabal View Post
O.k initially I was in agreement with that entire post. But then I thought, with these server merges/transfers cross server pvp may not be needed at all. I expect there will be 5-8 servers per region tops. All bustling with activity. But then I woke up and got angry again because I just logged on my server to find I am the only one on fleet and a whopping total of 41 on the entire server.
How?

Here is the problem with that logic. Current server population is about 300 active at once. This isn't a solid number, but it's as good as any to go with and seems to fit with what we are all are experiencing. You can goggle the methodology used to get that number, it's pretty well known and current.

The number of people needed to get a reasonable server que going is about 2000, based on launch data and the current population of servers where this happens. Fatman, for context, has about 2400 on at once prime time. To have a que that is also going off of prime time that number would need to be about 4000.

So everyone gets offered a server transfer with 1.3. That's great! Except that the entire population of 8 to 14 servers would need to move to the SAME server to get things back to the way they were a launch.

This also means for every server "saved", 8 to 14 are destroyed.

There is also the problem of "shifting". This means that, by random chance, the same number of people that move to a server will move from a server.

The only way to prevent shifting is a very short list of servers you can transfer to, and a short list of servers you can transfer from. This means 90% of the plans people have post 1.3 will not work; your friends can't come in join you on a mid population server (you can't move to anything but light), you wont be able to move to fatman, you wont be able to move all the light EU servers to the same server (people on light servers will not be able to move). If you CAN do any of this, then the system will fail as it will simply be shifting. So it's lose lose.

Basically the only thing that WILL work is shutting down servers at about a 10 to 1 ratio.

thegreebler
06.05.2012 , 01:24 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by lexiekaboom View Post
How?
Here is the problem with that logic. =
Basically the only thing that WILL work is shutting down servers at about a 10 to 1 ratio.
The problem with your logic is you pulled that number randomly out of your a## and went from there.
Que is same as it EVER was for me during prime-time. I got like 900+ hours logged just in WZ, so I know about doing a que.

The real problem is;
people like to win. To stack odds in their favor they have to que group. To que group they will have to wait.

Once our guildy wanted to finish her WZ daily before going with us to HM. She was in group que with us. I said "okay ALL DROP GROUP AND QUE SOLO", 10 seconds later pop.

If you think rated is going to solve anything think again. You gonna have long que times, especially those that try to get all 8 guildies into their match. Not to mention when only 4 of them make it and they leave WZ they leave four of their factionmates vs 8 of the other team. That is how you end up with like 3 vs 8.

Best way to get constant pvp, is to just que solo, and know when other's queing solo that are GOOD will be around. Find yourself getting rolled cuz newbs on your team? Go do something else and come back later, alt or log your repub and go kill the newbs!

That is my conclusion. All naysayers and negative nellies are ungreebly. Therefore cannot be give the blessing of the Grobble!

May the Grobble be with you!
For everything we do, we are greebling.
For everything that is, that is the grobble.
Everything not at peace, is ungreebly.
When there is no greebling, that is the true grobble.

RikHar
06.05.2012 , 05:01 PM | #65
Ai least this time it seems they took more serious and better questions to respond to unlike in the past.

onfireguy
06.06.2012 , 10:06 AM | #66
delete

LEEMAN-X
06.07.2012 , 05:29 PM | #67
So just a suggestion for the developers : I think a cool Legacy item that could be added is the ability to get Purple and other higher level crystals at an early level once you have reached level 50 with 1 or 2 characters just a suggestion
I WANT THAT SHIP ! - NOT EXCUSES

madmikeyb
06.07.2012 , 05:42 PM | #68
Once you guys figure out how to get Open World pvp on your POS engine other games will be out and little to no people left in the game.......O wait is that now!

Mazira
06.07.2012 , 05:49 PM | #69
Can you tell us more about the hutts taking over the GTN's? Is that like a future event or?