Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A: June 1st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A: June 1st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JeramieCrowe
06.01.2012 , 09:23 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by lexiekaboom View Post
My god, if this game has 500k subs by the end of June i'll be shocked.
Be prepared to have frizzy hair, then.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

TUXs
06.01.2012 , 09:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Why? He's the best bet for a decent open-world PvP if his bosses would just let him do what he does best.
Yeah, because Ilum was such a great design from him and his team...right?! Maybe it wasn't all him, but someone should take the fall for Ilum's utter failure and the removal of ALL open world PvP incentive. PvP has LESS content now than it did at launch.

They could code "incentive" in a flippin day. They haven't yet. Their lack of ANY attention to world PvP is pathetic. Maybe it's his boss, maybe it's him...whatever the case, it's sloppy, lazy and a disorganized mess!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer/7-day sub/Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

lexiekaboom
06.01.2012 , 09:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by williambr View Post
Ashivauto: There are quite a few threads on wanting open world PvP and a lot of good ideas on open world PvP content. My question is: are there any plans to implement something that would encourage open world PvP such as faction points for factional items, or planetary control. Maybe even rewards or commendations for open world kills?

Gabe Amantangelo (PvP & Endgame Designer): Yes. We have open world PvP content and incentive systems in the works. We will update you as soon as we can. They will likely come in parts, as opposed to all at once. For example, a proper incentive system for defeating players in open world PvP may come in first.

Somewhat interesting to me. I would have preferred if Gabe had said "getting some of the boys from DaoC's initial development over here to work on some pvp stuff"

That would have given me tons of feel good hope for the pvp situation.

How is this still "interesting" to you? It's been 5 months and all Gabe has ever said about anything can be summed up as follows;

Player base: We want Pie

Gabe: Yeah I'm totally backing a Pie right now. I hear that you want Pie, and everyone will get Pie.

Players (2 months later): How is that Pie coming along Gabe?

Gabe: Yeah I'm totally backing a Pie right now. I hear that you want Pie, and everyone will get Pie.

Not a SINGLE thing this man has said would make it's way into the game has made it into the game yet. This just more smoke up our collective arses.

Fiddyy
06.01.2012 , 11:19 PM | #24
Please stop answering the dumbest questions possible. I swear you guy's look for any question that has no relevance to what the actual community as a whole wants to see answered and pick those. No accountability at all. I would really like to know why you guy's weren't the one's fired, because this is seriously utterly and morbidly grotesque.

MindSpore
06.01.2012 , 11:51 PM | #25
"There are some changes in Game Update 1.3 that impact the interactions between Biochem and PvP,"

Would love some clarification on that.

Rodech
06.02.2012 , 12:00 AM | #26
Read the "Hair on fire" part and immediately thought of this.

Back on topic: I find it odd that ranked warzones won't be cross-server right away, given the state of dozens of servers where arranging such teams is an incredibly difficult/impossible task. Unless 1.3 is dropping around the same time server transfers go live, I don't see how this benefits the more barren servers.

Also, I hope commendations become bind on legacy, as it would help gear alts while leveling (that is, buying the actual gear, and not the mods). I would really like to see Tionese/Columi commendations become bind on legacy. Running SM KP/EV a dozen more times for the sake of gearing an alt to run HM KP/EV a dozen more times just to run Denova is not fun at all. I don't need the comms, and I only use one companion (who's got full Rakata thanks to the loot system deciding I needed an off-set more than my guildies needed a main-set >_>), it would be awesome if I could spend the comms on my gunslinger, rather than gearing all of my commando's companions for no useful reason.

JeramieCrowe
06.02.2012 , 12:47 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rodech View Post
Read the "Hair on fire" part and immediately thought of this.

Back on topic: I find it odd that ranked warzones won't be cross-server right away, given the state of dozens of servers where arranging such teams is an incredibly difficult/impossible task. Unless 1.3 is dropping around the same time server transfers go live, I don't see how this benefits the more barren servers.
Since 1.3 is coming after server transfers, the servers won't be barren when 1.3 gets here.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Sultan
06.02.2012 , 01:53 AM | #28
Worst Q&A to date. Do you guys ever answer questions that are useful? Do you guys ever answer any difficult questions? Or are all the hard questions not answerable because the people that could have answered those been fired?

You people are losing even the most dedicated players because you cant just give us what we want.
Saltman, Assassin
BELGOTH'S BEACON SERVER

WutangGza
Sawbones Scoundrel, The Fatman

Jandi
06.02.2012 , 01:56 AM | #29
Yet another slew of completely worthless questions picked. How... predictable. Just cancel the whole damn weekly Q/A since you intend to never actually answer any question worth anything. It's completely inane.

Drudenfusz
06.02.2012 , 03:01 AM | #30
I am also an Artificer... and have to say: BioWare please reconsider your decision on the augments kit for us.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version