Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Q about RE Differences

Geomat
06.01.2012 , 03:46 AM | #1
Hi all,
I'm fairly new to the game and haven't ever played any similar mmorgs so forgive me if this is a newb question.
Here it is then.
I've got my main character a lvl 50 Merc Healer whose skill is biochem. Now for me to RE a schematic regardless of lvl from prototype (blue) to artifact (purple) my chance of success is 10% while from green to blue is 20%. I fully understand that so far.
I've recently created a second character, a sith sorc who's curently lvl 22 with cybertech skill and in order to RE a green to get the blue my chance is also 20%. However my RE chance from blue to purple is also 20%. I've confirmed all the above again and again before posting for the mods and armorings for cybertech and the implants for biochem. The implants were of lvl 49 initially but then also tried the lvl 25s (i thought it might be a difference in chance regarding the item's lvl)

So my confusion/question/bitterness is this: Is this normal or bugged? Cause i actually feel a little bad of investing on a skill that :
1. Makes my life on the game to RE harder
2. There should be a hint somewhere before choosing stating that some skills are harder to master than others (currently my record is 47 failed blues to get 1 purple - although i know how chances work i can't stop thinking what would have happened if i had 20% like cybertech has)

Forgive me in advance if i post something it has already posted, i've searched the forums and gone over 50 threads but couldn't find anything similar, and for any spell errors
Thanks in advance for any insight.

Rhaphael
06.01.2012 , 03:56 AM | #2
In general the chance to RE from blue->purple is 10% higher on components than on the rest of the gear.

Components are:
Color Crystals
Mods
Armorings
Enhancements
Barrels
Hilts

So what you are seeing is correct, and working as intended.

Geomat
06.01.2012 , 04:00 AM | #3
I'm covered by your reply, thank you for your time.