Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

mox parser malware

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kourage
06.01.2012 , 01:31 PM | #21
Use TorKount
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Evil_Santa
06.01.2012 , 01:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by snwmnx View Post
Tell your computer expert to read up on Kaspersky and / or Eset and stop filling people's computers with garbage like symantec.

<on topic>
Mox Malware. /sigh
False. Positive.
</on topic>
Actually Nortons/Symantec scored top marks this last year for malware identification, second to webroot. It did however take #1 for malware removal.

I've used both and as webroot runs 100000000x faster ( 4mb footprint ) i go with webroot.

Oh and the mox parser doesn't trigger anything for webroot.
Quote:EA CEO John Riccitiello's"When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

Kourage
06.01.2012 , 01:34 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post

As a general public service announcement to everyone: you should always be cautious about what you install on your machine!
Which is why such a basic tool should be provided and distributed from BioWare. Then you can't accuse someone of cheating and they don't get a keylogger.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.

Evil_Santa
06.01.2012 , 01:34 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Pcolapat View Post
Don't need to. I have worked at places who will not allow you to change power settings on your workstation, delete unecessary software, and other things like that. If your workstation is slow I don't doubt it, but I do doubt it is the fault of that virus software. I use it, and have no issues at all.
I've administrated 500 systems before, using SCCM and various other enterprise client management applications.

SEP was one of the biggest resource hogs of all the software we ran and any computer that had less than 2GB always had resource issues during scan times with SEP.
Quote:EA CEO John Riccitiello's"When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

Gungan
06.01.2012 , 01:40 PM | #25
Even though it's a false positive, this right here is why a diligent developer provides support for these types of addons in their UI.

Pcolapat
06.01.2012 , 01:58 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by KhaosKlown View Post
No offence to your uncle but using Symantec on a stand alone Desktop is a bad idea, especially on older systems. The resource footprint of Symantec is HUGE. It can be done in a corporate environment because it uses a Server-client model allowing most of the resource intensive work to be offloaded to the server (Updates, Active Scanning, Email Scanning). In a home environment this all has to be done by a single system and the slow down is not worth it
Just for my own curiosity I looked up some reviews for anti virus software and noticed that many of the programs you guys mentioned are rated higher. Reviews though can be biased. There were dozens of options to choose from. However I also found a recent article on MSNBC about some super virus and the expert the media went with to identify it was from the company that develops the software I am using. He was not from any of the companies that develop that other software. You can look up the article if you like. I don't have the link, but it was posted just the other day.

I am sure many of you have done your own research on those other programs, but I don't have to. I have an expert in the family. I'll stick with the advice of my uncle on this over anything I read on these forums. He was building computers before anyone owned personal computers and working in the industry longer than most of you have been alive. He is not a typical computer geek. He is a life long super geek that has been trusted by huge corporations and the government to repair and maintain multi million dollar computer equipment for the past thirty years. I trust him more than you. Sorry.
Anything that is done repetitively can be done by a computer. That is why right brained people will eventually rule the world.

Kourage
06.01.2012 , 02:13 PM | #27
lol and the people working on this game are all experts and you should trust them too.

snwmnx
06.01.2012 , 02:17 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Evil_Santa View Post
Actually Nortons/Symantec scored top marks this last year for malware identification, second to webroot. It did however take #1 for malware removal.

I've used both and as webroot runs 100000000x faster ( 4mb footprint ) i go with webroot.

Oh and the mox parser doesn't trigger anything for webroot.
By who? PCMag?

Here are some other un-authoritative reviews:
KAV7 rates first.
KAV Rates second and norton isn't even on the list!
KAV rates 3rd.

Now, on to something with a little more authority:

Virus Bulletin
VB100 Graph
VB100 Awards List
Virus Bulletin's profile for Norton
Virus Bulletin's profile for Eset
Virus Bulletin's profile for Kaspersky

Av-Comparatives
KAV Earns "Product of the Year"

West Coast Labs has a great many product tests of the leading AV Software on the market today as well. Potential buyers may want to read through some of their findings.

Lastly, lest we not forget that it was Kaspersky who discovered and concluded the origin of both Stuxnet as well as the new Flame virus. *Looks around for Norton*

My personal top 5 (in no particular order):
1.) Kaspersky
2.) Eset
3.) Avira
4.) Bitdefender
5.) Webroot

KivanSane
06.01.2012 , 02:22 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Pcolapat View Post
My uncle is the family computer expert and I asked him about this AVG virus software someone recommended to me. His reply was to not come to him when I got a virus. I went with Symantec Endpoint Protection like he suggested. I don't know if one is better than the other, but I like having someone around who can help me with computer problems.
The best virus protection you can get is to stop running windows.

Tragically , SWTOR is a windows only game ...

download firefox and lock down your internet explorer so bad that if it ever accidently opens it won't even be allowed to fart , thats all I can say.
Survey says : need more story....but we already have more story than anyone else ! ... too bad. need more story.

MindSpore
06.01.2012 , 02:28 PM | #30
Its unlikely that its malware, but this points out a valid potential problem with requiring third party applications to gather the data or for any purpose. If BW added a ingame damage meter, visible combat log you wouldn't have to use thirdparty applications.