Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kitar
06.05.2014 , 02:25 PM | #5011
Afternoon everybody

RL has been rather hectic now that my daughter is out of school, I had actually intended to post this when the Obsession Prompt was new.

But first Happy Belated Birthday SFWC Thread.
Quote: Originally Posted by avatarearth View Post
Yay I have now read all 499 pages of this thread and loved every one of them, you are all amazingly talanted writers with great characters and ideas.
I also have to say I'm very impressed, I have been lurking since the beginning, the thought of sitting down to read the entire thread now is rather intimidating.

some replies
Spoiler

Now for the story
Spoiler

AN
Spoiler

DomiSotto
06.05.2014 , 02:40 PM | #5012
@Kitar: That's an ingenious idea - the cooking show meets SWTOR. Good going It's enjoyable, nicely-paced and keeps you smiling throughout

alaurin
06.05.2014 , 03:06 PM | #5013
Here's me trying not to get too behind! I'll catch up the Index shortly.

Comments/Replies:
I’ll update the index shortly.
Spoiler

alaurin
06.05.2014 , 03:46 PM | #5014
Index is up to date!

**HUGE APOLOGY to DomiSotto! I missed your story in my comments and feel like poo! TeeHee, leaving their mark on Korriban......I think Yvolgar and Vette are going to make quite the pair!

Okay, since Kitar borrowed Kitty Lovin and the Playmates from me a little bit ago, turnabout is fair play and I'm gonna pilfer one of her OC's (not to worry, she gave permission). So, have a pair of stories with Smuggler Jax!

Title: Clearing the Air
Prompt: Confessions
Character: Jaxzin Roark-Smuggler, Risha
Setting: Hoth
Spoilers: Smuggler Hoth, early companion spoilers for Risha

Spoiler

Title: That’s Dirty Sabacc
Prompt: Mix It Up w/Kitar’s JC Ka’van, also some Health, and a bit of Enemies, Rivals, Nemesis
Character: Jaxzin-smuggler, Risha, and an appearance by Ka’van –JC and Qyzen
Setting: Hoth, immediately following Clearing the Air (above) and a few weeks before Trouble
Spoilers: Smuggler Hoth

*Disclaimer: Ka'van isn't your typical Jedi.....a bit on an a** really, something that Kitar is very proud of!
Spoiler

Author’s Note:
Spoiler

Striges
06.06.2014 , 06:22 AM | #5015
For a bit of a change, June will be the Month of Meta-Prompts. These prompts will be less about situations, and more directed at the writer. Experiment with form and sources of inspiration.

Week of June 6, 2014
Something Borrowed-writers find inspiration everywhere, sometimes in other people’s fic. Not necessarily characters, though we had a prompt for that, too. Sometimes it’s a scene or a description, a side character or a setting. The name of a bureau, what the hyperspace vortex looks like, a slogan, or something else! We’ve been host to a number of collaborations recently, so let’s make it official. Write your story and be sure to note what you borrowed and from whom. Add a link to your inspiration if you can.

And, as ever,

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=4734 and http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=4735 (yes, we’re up to two full posts!). Many thanks to Alaurin for maintaining these lists.

This week's featured NotLP:
Loyalty and Betrayal - Two loaded words that can have major impacts on a person's life. Which characters of yours always follow orders? Which never compromise in loyalty to their friends or cause? How do your companions (not just that one) deal with challenges to their loyalties?

Caernos
06.06.2014 , 10:15 AM | #5016
Going away for the weekend to a place where its wetter but not really better to access the net daily.

So I thought I would try and post some comments and replies today, before I leave. You know, get better about the whole comment/reply thing.

Comments
Spoiler

And some replies
Spoiler

I'm really glad people enjoyed the detective story. It will continue, I have an outline of what will happen next as the investigation proceeds. Jayde and my other characters will all reappear as well, I've already got some ideas for the unfortunate trio's next misadventure as well as the introduction of some new characters.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Cynfor Cinderheart and the Cinderheart Legacy: The Ebon Hawk
The FanFic Works of Caernos:
Red Invitation, Parents,
Beskar Bonds and Cinder Hearts

alaurin
06.06.2014 , 10:29 AM | #5017
Quote: Originally Posted by Caernos View Post
@Alaurin: I LOLed hard at Kicked out. Worst roommate situation ever, but still really funny just how the rest of the crew is so upfront about the whole thing. Also, not a good day for Jaxzin, though I am glad to see he's pursuing Risha (sort of kinda in a way that he's not really but making Risha fall for him with his noble heroics?). Truth be told Risha was one of my favorite romances, just because her and my smuggler would take anything/everything that wasn't nailed down and be king and queen of the underworld as well as actual royalty. Was a lot of fun though I'll admit, my smuggler did end up the jealous type.
Yay! Glad you like Jorgan getting kicked out of the crew quarters by the rest of the squad so he can share a room with Mallay. I get such a sense of comraderie (yes even with Vik) with the Trooper squad, so I can see them doing something like that.

Also glad you liked Jax's story. I started three male characters in game, Dekkyn-BH, Jaxzin-Smuggler, and Zevryn-Trooper so I could finally experience some of those romances. I was a bit unsure of who I wanted Jax to romance, but then I was hooked on Risha after some of their banter. I think that is going to be a fun romance to experience and hopefully write about.

Also, THANK YOU!!!!!!!! (BH Hutta Spoilers)
Spoiler

Caernos
06.06.2014 , 11:59 AM | #5018
And then I realized I forgot to comment to Kitar's story. Whoops?

Spoiler
Cynfor Cinderheart and the Cinderheart Legacy: The Ebon Hawk
The FanFic Works of Caernos:
Red Invitation, Parents,
Beskar Bonds and Cinder Hearts

DomiSotto
06.06.2014 , 01:13 PM | #5019
Thank you everyone for kind comments on Yvolgar- he is indeed fun to write, I haven't played with a teenage protagonist for a while. I am trying him for a couple of chapters to see if I can keep up with my Sith progeny.

Thank you for the new quiz topic! Wow, that's kind of interesting opening a bit to the author. Well, the obvious source of inspiration is BioWARE, seeing it is fanfiction. Or do we need to think of original stories this week?

I'm going to wink out right now, but be back to read the stories with the fresh eyes I am so glad to see more activity now!

AKHadeed
06.07.2014 , 11:37 PM | #5020
Hey! I didn't mean to vanish. Just got caught up in some things and wasn't in the right headspace for TOR. I'm a little scared to comment: too much and a bit too far behind. But I did read everything, and liked it!

Anyway, this is actually for the ship prompt. Again. After Zeedor heckled me about it. He likes ships. This is the most recent one!

Spoiler