Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSillyMonkey
04.04.2014 , 10:18 PM | #4831
Okay, so still trying to catch up on the stories and such, but so far, great great stuff guys (as always!)

So today will be my last day posting it seems. My sub is up tomorrow and I'm not going to renew it. Not really enough time right now to play anywho.

Just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to read my stuff, and all the supportive comments that kept me writing. This is easily the best forum community I've been a part of, and you can tell how awesome it is by all the new folks coming in. Keep up the great stories all!
"Now you see that Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

YoshiRaphElan
04.04.2014 , 10:39 PM | #4832
@DarthSillyMonkey, so sorry to see you go.

I'll try to post something in the next few days.

Lesaberisa
04.05.2014 , 02:16 AM | #4833
Sorry to see you go, DSM
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

LaxKnight
04.05.2014 , 05:53 AM | #4834
I just want to pop in for the moment to say I've been reading all the non-spoiler material and it's great. I am sorry to say that I'm so far behind on commenting it would be hopeless to catch up. I'm working on a piece don't worry and I'll keep up now that we got a new prompt.

Edit: Sorry to see you go DSM. You write great stories and I always look forward to your comments.
LaxKnight
"I'm not blind, I just see from a different perspective." - Serenity Williams, Miraluka Jedi Apprentice

LaxKnight
04.05.2014 , 01:12 PM | #4836
Alright this piece is to go with the light and dark themes of the last few weeks. I took it literally here. I've made up a new species here. I mean, it's a big galaxy, that leaves lots of a lot of places undiscovered. This is also the return of the pink and daring Captain Penelope Lonestar. I hope you all enjoy it.

Prompt: Discovery, Luminous Beings Are We, Forever Will It Dominate Your Destiny
Title: The Glowing One
Character(s): Penelope Lonestar (Zeltron Smuggler), Ralsa Caluso
Word Count: 2666

Spoiler
LaxKnight
"I'm not blind, I just see from a different perspective." - Serenity Williams, Miraluka Jedi Apprentice

Kitar
04.05.2014 , 02:28 PM | #4837
@ DSM, Sorry to see you go hon, your stories are going to be missed. A lot.

Striges
04.06.2014 , 12:44 PM | #4838
Poor Penelope, being the spokesperson for an entire species. Talk about pressure. I like the idea of a species that needs environmental suits not for the things we ordinarily think of, like incompatable atmospheres, but incompatable frequencies of light. Interesting thought.

AKHadeed
04.06.2014 , 02:34 PM | #4839
@Darth Silly Monkey: You seem like a decent man. I hate to have t...

I mean. I'm sorry to see you go. I have no idea where that came from.

@Aluarin: I can tell that one was hard work to write. You handled the subject with delicacy, which is nice. It's good that you got a bit more distance in your writing this time around, and it was very helpful in following the action and plans of the characters.

@Frauzet: I like your take on the ritual. It's very interesting to 'see' through the sith's eyes, regarding how he's shaping it and the disruption.

@Bendu: Looking forward to your first short! I think your take on connections is very interesting. You might want to back off on that, though, and give us a little more about the character first, though. That's just my take, and it's a limit of doing things in chunks. We always want to skip ahead to the juicy bits.

@LaxKnight: That was fun! It's zippy and delightful. I like your idea for the alien, and your atypical Zeltron. It's also really interesting to see the perspective of a new arrival to the Star Wars species list.

marissalf
04.06.2014 , 09:36 PM | #4840
@DSM, Aww, this makes me sad. I hate to see ya go! Your stories are always hilarious. (And I'm not entirely certain this isn't just one of Fenn'rys' schemes... )