Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

alaurin
01.27.2014 , 11:19 AM | #4551
Index is up to date and YAY, 4 new authors added!! For those new to the thread (and even those that aren't), please, please, please let me know if there are any mistakes. If there is, just send me a message and I'll fix it as soon as I can. The links for the different sections of the Index can be found in my signature.

Comments/Replies: sorry, they're quickies.....kids off school today and with the extreme cold, they're stuck inside with me and already getting bored!
Spoiler

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone, but if I did......I totally blame the fact that I am freezing my friggin butt off and the kids are driving me bonkers wanting to go outside and play in the snow but can't because it's not safe with our temperatures!! Oh, yeah and I just got the email that school's been cancelled tomorrow as well because with the wind chill, it's going to feel like it's in the range of -30°F to -45°F! No wonder my muse took off......she's probably on a warm beach somewhere......

marissalf
01.27.2014 , 07:14 PM | #4552
Whoa, look at all the new folks! Welcome, Mirdthestrill, septembersphinx, LaxKnight and TrystanLaryssa. And it’s good to have Caernos and icecreampants back, too. And now, comments for one and all.
Spoiler

marissalf
01.27.2014 , 08:37 PM | #4553
I meant to pick up Mel's story or maybe dig into Kinka's younger years a bit more this time around, but Rissia got stuck in my head and refused to leave until I wrote something. So, here we go. For index purposes, I would put this one right before Family for Rissia.

NotLP: Worst Day Ever
Title: Empty
Spoilers: Alludes to the big SW thing in Act III just briefly.
About 500~ words
Spoiler

TrystanLaryssa
01.27.2014 , 11:08 PM | #4554
@marissalf- WOW. That's heavy. Beautiful, pensive, tangled and frustrating... it almost seems death is harder to cope with when you're estranged, depending on the circumstances. A short, simple, effective gutpunch. Well done.
Jedi Caylenn Lorin - Darth Katharsys
"Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force."

Striges
01.28.2014 , 12:32 AM | #4555
Marissalf: There's still such a numbness there, as though part of it is just news. The latest riot or conquest, happening very far away. Should Rissia call with the news or not bother? Even in the end, I don't think it's set in with finality.

Prompt: Synchronicity

Two stories here, no spoilers in either one.

Character: Jurial (Jedi Sage)
Title: Unpleasant Realizations

Chronologically, this story fits before Epiphany.

Spoiler

Character: Jealousy (Sith Assassin)
Title: Lessons

Occurs after Objects with Souls.

Spoiler

LaxKnight
01.28.2014 , 12:44 AM | #4556
I've been working on a story revolving one of the current prompts but I couldn't ignore all of the comments. I would like to thank you all for all of your feedback and I'm glad you all enjoy the story. You'll see more of Bill O'Malley and the gang but I'm working on a something I've been waiting to write for a long time. Now that I'm here though I'll offer some comments on what I read so far.

Spoiler

Now time to get back to writing that story. I will keep my eye out for anymore that pop out.
LaxKnight
"I'm not blind, I just see from a different perspective." - Serenity Williams, Miraluka Jedi Apprentice

septembersphinx
01.28.2014 , 12:57 PM | #4557
I'm glad people enjoyed what I did with the companions and the code, and didn't seem to feel that it was too forced. I'm working on something for the current prompt, but in the meantime thought I should at least comment on the stories/comments since now and when I posted before there get to be even more!

Comments:
Spoiler

alaurin
01.28.2014 , 03:24 PM | #4558
Comments and Reply:
Spoiler

Now, in case you are wondering what happened with the drugged Bella, Aric, and Elara, the wait is over. You're about to find out.......some of it. There will be one more part coming. For now......enjoy some Morning After shenanigains!

Title: What the Hell Did We Do Last Night?!
Prompt: The Morning After
Character: Belladonya-Smuggler, Mallayse-Trooper
Setting: XS Freighter, just after Its All Good....
Spoilers: Smuggler and Trooper Nar Shaddaa as well as a spoiler for a Republic Nar Shaddaa mission

**warning: some minor innuendo.....probably not worth a warning, but eh.....
Spoiler

LaxKnight
01.28.2014 , 04:23 PM | #4559
Hey if I want to PM a prompt idea, who do I send it to?
LaxKnight
"I'm not blind, I just see from a different perspective." - Serenity Williams, Miraluka Jedi Apprentice

alaurin
01.28.2014 , 04:28 PM | #4560
Quote: Originally Posted by LaxKnight View Post
Hey if I want to PM a prompt idea, who do I send it to?
bright_ephemera takes care of the weekly prompts, so she would be the one to PM any ideas you have.