Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bright_ephemera
01.05.2014 , 03:10 PM | #4471
Wow, some great stuff!

Comments:
Spoiler

As for blood warnings, it’s always a judgment call…never hurts to have one in if in doubt.

Jedi Knight spoilers:
Spoiler

Re: Ashara spoilers:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
01.05.2014 , 03:40 PM | #4472
Since we’re on the topic of ditching or at least heavily questioning companions…lest y’all think I am the most virulent Corso-hater out there, I direct you to a music video for an entire song about hating Corso.
I don’t want you around me
I don’t wanna hear your stupid voice
But every time I try to kill you
Hillbilly hell just kicks you back to me
I don’t see a way to fix this…

Striges inspired the prompt about poorly fitting and possibly kicked-out companions, which is great. But I think I’ve already written all my major schisms: Nic/Corso, literally every Warrior I’ve ever written/Quinn, Niselle/Andronikos, Mellekor/Vette (twice!).

So…I backed out and took a look at some of Ruth’s adventures, and I have a reasonable trio for Why Are You Still Here?. 1000 words total; spoilers for Sith Warrior Act 3, explicit in the first, implicit in the second, not present in the third.

Shortly before the resolution of Act 3:
Spoiler

Months later, after Vette has left rather than witness Ruth’s increasingly cutthroat ways (note, Ruth’s father was killed by her Act 3 nemesis’ agents just before she reached Corellia):
Spoiler

Sixteen years and a long successful ice campaign later:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

YoshiRaphElan
01.05.2014 , 08:31 PM | #4473
Prompt - Catching Up
Title - Back Into the Fold
Class - Trooper
No spoilers

Spoiler

Striges
01.05.2014 , 11:58 PM | #4474
Welcome Phyreblade and KimbriOnasi!

Catching up from the previous prompt, still avoiding JK spoilers where possible (and thanks everyone for spoiler tags):
Spoiler

Thanks so much for the kind comments on Jealousy’s story. I expect her chapter two will be very interesting. Although, not not so excited now to get Ashara.

alaurin
01.06.2014 , 11:32 AM | #4475
First off, I apologize for not updating the Index as promised. We're stranded in MI at my parents' house due to the snow and the Index stuff is on my desktop back home in Chicago (the kids are enjoying the extra time with Grandma and Grandpa though). Hopefully we will be able to get home today and I'll update the Index as soon as I find the time. I do have some comments and a story (not fond of using Google docs, but eh.....).

Comments/Replies:
Spoiler

And now it's story time......I'm not sure I liked how this one turned out, but there's nothing I want to change......hate when that happens. Oh, well, hopefully you all enjoy it and if not.....I blame the snow.

Title: Nothing We Can Do But Wait.....
Prompt: Allies, Family
Characters: Katrynka-BH, Valaya-Smuggler, Jorgan, Dorne, Mako, Corso, Risha, and Balkar
Setting: XS Freighter
Spoilers: BH, Smuggler, and Trooper Nar Shaddaa

Spoiler

YoshiRaphElan
01.06.2014 , 01:10 PM | #4476
@alaurin, I liked Aric and Jonas fighting over the blame. And I hope they find her soon!

Now then, I'm going on vacation for the next ten days so I may not be posting too much here...in any case I'll leave you with this before I go.

Prompt - Defenses
Title - Preparing for the Battle
Class - Jedi Knight/Trooper/Smuggler/Bounty Hunter
No spoilers

Spoiler

marissalf
01.06.2014 , 08:40 PM | #4477
Coming back with comments shortly, but story time first. I was working on something for the current prompt, but I'm not happy with it yet. So instead, the next part of Mel's story.
NotLP: Family
Title: Found and Lost
With Mel and Ellis (and cameos from Mako, Gault and Kinka). No spoilers, about 1400 words
Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

marissalf
01.06.2014 , 09:18 PM | #4478
Loooonng comments incoming:
Spoiler

alaurin
01.07.2014 , 10:24 AM | #4479
Finally made it home and the Index is up to date!!! I strongly encourage people to look their stuff over since there was a lot I had to enter......hopefully I didn't miss anything, but it's possible with as behind as I was. If there are any mistakes, send me a PM and I'll fix it ASAP!!

@Yoshi: Have fun on vacation! Yikes, another cliffhanger......glad Vik is back and I hope they all make it out!
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
@alaurin, I liked Aric and Jonas fighting over the blame. And I hope they find her soon!
Oh, Tia will be making her location known very soon.......

@Marissalf: Awwww, that made me feel so bad for Ellis! I still think he's kinda creepy, but with what he had for parents, I can understand. Oh and Wookie Pops.......dare I ask what those are?!
Quote: Originally Posted by marissalf View Post
@alaurin, Love seeing everyone working together to find Tia. Kat’s matter-of-fact attitude is great, especially in talking to Jorgan. I like that she can be incredibly tough with him but try to help him out a bit later on.
I'm glad you like Kat. She isn't one to mince words, neither is Val, but she's a little more considerate whereas Kat is more of a 'speak before you think'/reactionary type that feels bad about it later.

bright_ephemera
01.07.2014 , 06:58 PM | #4480
Comments:
Spoiler

Story: kind of a random Altered States of Mind for Wynston and his old partner Egrin post-Taris. Spoilers for Imperial Agent through Taris, with obvious implications through Belsavis or thereabouts. 1200 words, ish.
Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads