Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

alaurin
10.29.2013 , 03:58 PM | #4211
Ok, so my brain sucks and I've had the next 8 parts of my story coming out in random spurts for the past few days. I've finally managed to sort out the first one and will hopefully have the next one tomorrow. I apologize for no comments this time, but I have to catch up on my reading. I'll comment and update the index later this evening......hopefully! So after about a week of no posting......here's an offering. It's kinda long, but not DarthSillyMonkey long!

Title: Get That Man a Medic!
Prompt: Allies, Confessions, and Health
Character: Valaya-Smuggler, Jorgan, and Dorne
Setting: Taris, Thunderclap, just after these and this.
Spoilers: Smuggler and Trooper Taris, Trooper Nar Shaddaa, a companion spoiler for Dorne, and a minor companion spoiler for Risha…..I think that’s everything!

Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler

frauzet
10.29.2013 , 05:19 PM | #4212
Comments:
Spoiler

Thank you for the kind comments on the last part of my story, I hope you will like the next one too. Zal decided to make things a little bit more complicated.

Prompt - Might qualify for 'Communication Breakdown'
Title - Hating Ord Mantell VI
Class - Trooper (Nikeo), Smuggler (Zal)
Words - About 1260
Spoilers - no spoilers
Spoiler
Author of "Trouble, Destiny and Other Complications" and the AU "Caught"
Participant of the "Short Fic Weekly Challlenge Thread!"
All my stories from TDaOC and SFWC in chronological order

YoshiRaphElan
10.29.2013 , 06:11 PM | #4213
@alaurin, Mary healing Jorgan's broken nose was so cute! I love the rest of the story, too.

@frauzet, I bet it would be hard to say "I can't talk about my job" to anyone.

DarthSillyMonkey
10.29.2013 , 07:20 PM | #4214
Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
I had completely forgotten that, but MOAR VETTE AS SMUGGLER.
Ask, o ye of little bandwidth, and you shall receive. Hope this cures your itch and hurry back!

Unable to get this idea out of my head, I tossed something together pretty quick, because I couldn't focus on my other stuff! And really, if I don't torture Drokk, who will?

Prompt: Adwynyth wants moar Smuggler Vette
Class: Smuggler (Korav'ette - who is really Vette in disguise, since thousands of SW's weren't keen on the idea of losing their romance option due to her occupation change)
Title: Smuggler Vette and the Offer of Dooooooom!
Words: Short piece, only 1720. (What? That IS short for me!)
Timeframe: Shoooooortly into Chap.2
Spoilers: SOILENT GREEN IS PEOPL-- oh, you mean for SWTOR! Sith Warrior Chap.1 and 2'ish storyline stuff

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
"Now you see that Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

DarthSillyMonkey
10.29.2013 , 08:03 PM | #4215
COMMENTS! It's what's for dinner!

Spoiler
"Now you see that Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

bright_ephemera
10.30.2013 , 05:57 AM | #4216
@alaurin, okay, Mary was a surprise! What a powerful gift to have...and very nice for Jorgan.

@frauzet, I love this scene. The tension throughout and then the panic at the end - poor Nikeo.

@DarthSillyMonkey, Great shades of Marka Ragnos, that was a marvelous story! I love the setup, I love the snappy dialogue. Jaesa's school of death-threat management sounds just about right. There, Quinn, I hope you enjoy your chain of command.

(As for Vector in my piece, yeah, Vector is my very favorite of the companions I have unambiguous feelings about. No contest. So naturally I killed him in canon?)
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

alaurin
10.30.2013 , 10:58 AM | #4217
Index is up to date once again!!!

Comments/Replies: this is going to take a while!
Spoiler

Ok, well now that I got all of that done.....I guess I'll post a little something. This is cross posted from my Tumblr from last week......I'll let you decide if it is a good or bad thing for Jorgan.

Title: Sweet Dreams
Prompt: Dreams
Character: Tiannya-trooper, Jorgan
Setting: Taris, Thunderclap, immediately following this.
Spoilers: None that I can think of….just who the Trooper companions are.

warning: contains a lot of innuendo and adult themes......probably PG-13....
Spoiler

Adwynyth
10.30.2013 , 01:52 PM | #4218
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSillyMonkey View Post
Ask, o ye of little bandwidth, and you shall receive. Hope this cures your itch and hurry back!
Ooo.. SQUEE

Love it! I don't mean to be greedy, but I hope there's more where that came from.
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

alaurin
10.30.2013 , 06:25 PM | #4219
The parts are finally starting to sort themselves out and I have another offering. I apologize in advance for the possible flooding of this thread with my stuff......

Title: After All These Years….
Prompt: Family, Mysteries
Character: Jakkobi-JK
Setting: Coruscant, Defender, around the same time as this.
Spoilers: JK Coruscant

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
10.30.2013 , 06:55 PM | #4220
@alaurin, aw, Elara, I think you're happier clueless... As for Jakob, it never occurred to me to think about Republic generals interacting. No doubt they could work well together…but also no doubt that a personality clash would be something to see. Also it’s neat to hear from the third point of this triad.

Now, continuing Hazard’s very first serious arc…and Wynston’s second to last one in canon. First Impressions. I’ll keep dating it in relation to the Ruth!verse’s central moment, though at this point in the timeline Ruth is off doing her Wrathy thing. 1500 words, no spoilers.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.