Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lesaberisa
10.20.2013 , 01:06 AM | #4181
WIll add comments shortly, though not to everything since I last posted. It's been awhile for this thread. Also going to start a tumblr since everyone else has one

Comments:
Spoiler

Character: Ayrs (Tr)
Prompt: Canned Response
Notes: No game spoilers, other than Elara's canned lines.

Spoiler

Character: Malicineve (SW)
Prompt: Advice
Notes: No game spoilers except who the female Sith Warrior romance is with, which has never been mentioned by anyone ever.

Spoiler

Character: Amurri (BH)
Prompt: What's in a name?
Notes: Significant BH spoilers - final quests of Chapter 1, mentions/implications about BH Taris and related companion.

Spoiler
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

bright_ephemera
10.20.2013 , 09:35 AM | #4182
The cold Sith battlemaid and feisty Jedi weaponsmistress have faced down the worst the galaxy can throw at them. Now, the only battle worthy of Ruth’s suppressed passion and Larr’s legendary skill…is learning from each other, one on one. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer in the steamy Peace is a Lay, coming soon to a HoloNet distributor near you. New hot chapters weekly!

Oi! Junior! Get away from the console, it's commenting time!

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
10.20.2013 , 09:37 AM | #4183
Advice with professional wisdom from Wynston. No spoilers. 150 words.

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

DarthSillyMonkey
10.20.2013 , 01:32 PM | #4184
Every time you clap, a story get it's comments!

... well not every time. What, you think I can hear you people clapping all the time? Please, I only get video feed from the hidden cameras in your room, not... au... diON TO THE COMMENTS!!

Spoiler
"Now you see that Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

DarthSillyMonkey
10.20.2013 , 04:03 PM | #4185
Since the format seemed to work for people before, I decided I'd go with it again.

What? No, don't be silly! It had absolutely nothing to with the fact that I let the story become a monster again. I scoff at the notion. Scoff, I tell you!

... and by "scoff" I mean "apologize and swear this isn't going to be a normal thing!"

Prompt: Hidden Talents / My Song / Catching Up / Advice / Dreams-Nightmares
Class: Bounty Hunter (Drokk'it) / IA (Fenn'ryss; Vector)
Title: The Fenn'rys Jobs, Pt. 6
Words: A lot. Less than last time but still, WAY bigger than a breadbox
Spoilers: None that I can think of

Mando Translations: (Osiik - Poodoo)

Vector (and Drokk from Vector's perspective)
Spoiler

Vector
Spoiler

Drokk'it
Spoiler

Vector (and Drokk from Vector's perspective)
Spoiler

Fenn'rys
Spoiler

Drokk'it
Spoiler

Fenn'rys
Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
"Now you see that Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

YoshiRaphElan
10.20.2013 , 09:43 PM | #4186
Prompt - Celebrations
Title - A Time of Joy
Class - Sith Warrior
No spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler

marissalf
10.20.2013 , 09:43 PM | #4187
Who's on vacation this week with a whole lot of free time on her hands? This gal! (Which means I should stay all caught up with stories!)
Spoiler

alaurin
10.22.2013 , 11:54 AM | #4188
Index is up to date!

Comments/Replies:
Spoiler

Alrighty, now that caught up, on with the show.....err, story. Time to take that plot and give it a slight twist.....there we go....

Title: A New Threat
Prompt: What’s In A Name?
Character: Katrynka-BH, Mako
Setting: Balmorra, after this and about the same time Tia and Val are finishing up on Taris
Spoilers: BH Balmorra, and an NPC from a minor Imperial Belsavis mission

****warning: violence and torture
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler

theStirge
10.24.2013 , 01:35 PM | #4189
No new story, but I do have pictures.

Agent:

Spoiler

Knight:

Spoiler

Agent's fantasy:

Spoiler

The super heavy black eye makeup looks terrible on most races, but on Chiss, the blue and black go very well together and man, it just makes their eyes look awesome, the glowing red in the black pits like that...Love it.
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.

bright_ephemera
10.24.2013 , 07:15 PM | #4190
@DarthSillyMonkey,
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSillyMonkey View Post
Metallikat or CHISS
This was just all kinds of fantastic. And Fenn’rys’s game continues apace. Can’t wait to see where it goes.

@Yoshi, I love Methic’s backpedaling vis-à-vis Jaesa’s virtues. I don’t see that going over well with Vette.

@theStirge, if I could get companions stuck like that for up-close pictures I think I would spend a solid day doing nothing but screenshots.

I have a trio of old things that I finally dusted off and finished. They are all in the Don’t Call Them Ruth-less section of the Ruth!verse timeline, twenty years after the class line, on the battleship Aegis, Wynston’s base of operations.

First is a Sure Bet throwback to Wynston’s Sith-killing strategy as mentioned previously. 450 words. Very indirect references are made to the Agent end of Dromund Kaas/end of Act 1, and the Warrior Act 3 (yes, that one).
Spoiler

Next, Deadly Sins: Envy - When Hazard Met Cipher. This occurs a few weeks after Holiday is salvaged and set up on the Aegis working for Wynston and Quinn. (I feel like I’ve posted parts of this before, but forum search isn’t revealing it.) A minor spoiler for Tharan Cedrax’s conversation line with the female Consular. 700 words.
Spoiler

Finally, Rites of Passage: Growing Up/Out of Father’s Shadow. Rylon Niral, Ruth and Quinn’s son, is going on eighteen, and Pierce Junior is in his early twenties. Quinn has, in this timeline, been vested by life events with an air of noble tragedy he really didn’t ask for. 600 words, no game spoilers.
Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!