Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

alaurin
10.17.2013 , 06:01 PM | #4161
@Yoshi: awwww, little Crysta is adorable......I can only imagine how tempting an Ewok would be for a little one to squeeze and tug on. Then oh, my......what a cliffhanger for Maiek and Weeze. I can't wait to see with happens next!!!

Ok, I apologize, but this next part is really long. I split it into two parts to hopefully make it a little less daunting, but it is just under 5000 words combined......sorry!!

Title: A pleasant Way to Start the Day
Prompt: My first, Affection, Tools of the Trade
Character: Valaya-Smuggler, Corso, Risha, Jorgan, and Dorne
Setting: XS Freighter, Taris
Spoilers: Smuggler and Trooper Taris

***warning: this part contains warm fuzzies!!!!
Spoiler

Unfortunately, this next part is a bit dark......

Title: The Last Words of a Madman
Prompt: Paying the Piper, Allies
Character: Jorgan, Dorne, and Tiannya-Trooper
Setting: Taris
Spoilers: Trooper Taris

***warning: violence, minor descriptions of torture, and some mention of non-consensual sexual advances.
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler

EverSteam
10.17.2013 , 06:59 PM | #4162
Replies:
Spoiler

I had some great ideas for this weeks prompt but first I just had to finish this!
Prompt: Turning Point
Class: SW
Words: 2000ish
Spoilers: set directly after "the incident" (so before the last one), SW act 3 spoilers
Spoiler

YoshiRaphElan
10.17.2013 , 07:33 PM | #4163
@alaurin, I always enjoyed killing him. The others you had to kill, not so much, especially the one on Alderaan.

Prompt - Catching Up
Title - Prison Visit
Class - Trooper
Prologue-Act 1 finale spoilers

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
10.18.2013 , 08:12 AM | #4164
A short late-timeline piece (post-Ruth Means Compassion) recently came to mind. It is a Play Within a Play/Irresistible Urges involving Larr Gith, the Jedi Knight who worked with Warrior Ruth and Agent Wynston to save the galaxy. But it’s really about Pierce Junior, who writes unauthorized fic about Wynston’s generation of heroes.

500 words, no game spoilers. I guess technically it spoils the end state of Ruth Means Compassion but almost everything in the late timeline Wynston/Quinn era does that, and RMC is literally a novel (and thus excessive overhead), so I wouldn’t worry about it.
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
10.18.2013 , 08:43 AM | #4165
Comments! Expect a prompt later today/tonight.
Spoiler

@alaurin, I really liked the scene in game where (Trooper Taris)
Spoiler
Later on, Val's spontaneous kiss was wonderful. And her running dirty kick gag never gets old. As for Needles...good riddance.

EDIT: Missed one! @YoshiRaphElan: Gotta say, Prudii left a lot more of the Act 1 antagonists alive than either of my Troopers did. I like the idea of recruiting them for their expertise now.

As for Treek with a small child...I can just hear the indignant chittering.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

YoshiRaphElan
10.18.2013 , 09:13 AM | #4166
@bright_ephemera, Junior is such a jerk...but in a good way. A way that makes me sympathize with Wynston whilst at the same time laughing out loud.

theStirge
10.18.2013 , 09:58 AM | #4167
I'm terrible at comments, but:

@bright: "Peace Is a Lay". Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha! *deep breath* Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha!
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.

theStirge
10.18.2013 , 11:46 AM | #4168
All right, I finally managed to get a little more written. It's not much, and it ends rather abruptly, but I think if I let it sit and try to continue it before posting I'm more likely to just scrap the whole thing and never come back.

Once again, apologies for completely failing to follow the thread format.

JK class story ending spoilers.

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.

bright_ephemera
10.18.2013 , 04:05 PM | #4169
@Yoshi, it's intriguing to think about recruiting the Act 1 NPCs outright rather than letting them die or languish in prison. All kinds of possibilities there.

@TheStirge,
Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
"Scourge is a lying liar that lies. In addition to being super creepy."
An assessment I can't disagree with I love him, but that's still a great summary.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
10.18.2013 , 04:07 PM | #4170
Week of 10/18/2013
Advice – In a galaxy this big there are a lot of problems to solve and there’s plenty of wisdom, given and received, to help deal with it. Your character is experienced. What advice would she give a newcomer seeking to follow her footsteps? What would he tell his children? Did a mentor give good advice? A rival? Did your character follow it? Was it useful? Prompt courtesy of Striges.
And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
This week's featured NotLP:
What's In A Name - Names are special, they almost always have some meaning behind them. First names, family names, nicknames - none of them are ever arbitrary. Write a story explaining a name given to your character or a companion, whether it's their personal name, nickname, or alias.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!