Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bright_ephemera
10.03.2013 , 06:22 AM | #4101
Pimpin' Threads, promoting favorites!

When it comes to finding threads, I maintain a forum index where any author may post their thread info (things on the SWTOR forums only) and I'll add them to the big lists, one sorted by author, one by class. It's stickied in the forum and can also be found here. For my own sanity I do not seek out threads to place there; I only list ones for which the author has posted, on the index thread, the necessary information.

Now, some older Threads that aren't mine, but that you should know about because they're amazing (and this should in no way discourage the authors from listing it themselves with their own chosen descriptions, though I think only kabeone is still active in these parts):
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

YoshiRaphElan
10.03.2013 , 08:52 AM | #4102
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
The Trooper's Act 1, re: alaurin's story:
Spoiler
Trooper Act 1 spoilers

Spoiler

kabeone
10.03.2013 , 07:01 PM | #4103
Comments!
Spoiler

Thread Pimpin'
Thanks to bright for linking my thread. I'm just going to do it for myself again because why not?

I wrote a two part 100k+ word story called Remi the Grey (RtG). It's about my JK, Remi, and covers a timespan several years after the end of Chapter 3. (Obviously Makeb is not included because Makeb wasn't out when I wrote it). There are spoilers for JK, Agent, SW end game and a smattering of Smuggler. It was my story of "I really wish Lord Scourge was an LI and gee this JK story seems kind of open ended".

Most of my stories on this thread fill in the gaps either before RtG starts or after it ends and the recent stuff are all spoilers for how the second part ends.

A bit of background and a bit of Story So Far
(Star Wars: Legacy comic book series and RtG spoilers)
Spoiler

Story!
These pieces take place from just after the end of RtG up until "present day." (Present day for my recent writing in this thread. I've already expanded this story 200 years into the future. I need help. Seriously, send help.)
(Spoilers for JK chapter 3)
First Day On the Job
Isen
Spoiler

Pierce
Spoiler

Remi
Spoiler

Caernos
10.03.2013 , 08:34 PM | #4104
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Pimpin' Threads, promoting favorites!

When it comes to finding threads, I maintain a forum index where any author may post their thread info (things on the SWTOR forums only) and I'll add them to the big lists, one sorted by author, one by class. It's stickied in the forum and can also be found here. For my own sanity I do not seek out threads to place there; I only list ones for which the author has posted, on the index thread, the necessary information.

Now, some older Threads that aren't mine, but that you should know about because they're amazing (and this should in no way discourage the authors from listing it themselves with their own chosen descriptions, though I think only kabeone is still active in these parts):
Spoiler
Glad you posted this Bright. some of these I've read but others I didn't know about and now I'm really enjoying them.

So thanks!

As for everyone else, I have some comments

Spoiler

This week's prompt is actually pretty easy for me because 98% percent of my writing was before I ever posted anything here. I thought I would include the works I've enjoyed writing the most.

Red Invitation is the earliest work I have in this forum. It is a short about Cipher Six and a quick mission on Coruscant. Heavy on the action, light on the plot, it is a one shot piece.

Parents is about Mirialan trooper Apikalia Cinderheart (or Kali for short), and why she's a little different from your normal mirialans. It's just another short piece, exploring some ideas I have about Mandalorian life and culture.

Finally, Beskar Bonds and Cinder Hearts is an ongoing piece about a mandalorian couple and the struggles they have faced. Not just with their enemies, but with their family and each other. While it is technically on-going, it is unfortunately on an indefinite hiatus. I have key crucial events that I want to happen to the characters, but every time I sit down to write them I find myself getting bored and distracted. For those curious, Apikalia from Parents is the adopted daughter of Cynfor and Gwen, the main characters of BBCH

If you read any of those I hope you enjoy them. Feel free to comment or critique, it is always welcome.
Cynfor Cinderheart and the Cinderheart Legacy: The Ebon Hawk
The FanFic Works of Caernos:
Red Invitation, Parents,
Beskar Bonds and Cinder Hearts

YoshiRaphElan
10.03.2013 , 09:11 PM | #4105
Prompt - Play Within a Play
Title - The Amazing Vindicators
Class - Trooper
No spoilers, except the name of a boss on Oricon

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mrtwo
10.04.2013 , 04:46 PM | #4106
Comments and replies! hooray!

Comments!
Spoiler

Replies! Thanks for commenting !
Spoiler
Don't judge a book by its cover.

DarthSillyMonkey
10.04.2013 , 06:16 PM | #4107
“Its like a finger pointing away to the moon. Dont concentrate just on the stories or you will miss all that commenty glory."

Spoiler
"Now you see that Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

bright_ephemera
10.05.2013 , 12:45 PM | #4108
Commenting since, uh, my last comment? It's kind of like catching up.

@kabeone, wonderful to see Pierce on the job. I always wondered just what kind of group he would recruit given the chance.

@Caernos, nice to hear from you! Going back I see I never commented on Red Invitation, but I read it quite some time ago – possibly back when it was first posted? – and liked it.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

bright_ephemera
10.05.2013 , 12:48 PM | #4109
Week of 10/5/2013
Words, Words, Words – It’s a big galaxy, and the big galaxy hosts a lot of languages. Some people are polyglots, switching among languages easily; some have enough trouble mastering one. Sometimes whole conversations go on in a foreign language, and sometimes only critical words that resist translation are used. Write about a time that certain words proved critical for your character.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
This week's featured NotLP:
Guilty Pleasures – We all have them. Does your bounty hunter love The Bachelor (or whatever the SW equivalent is)? Or your Jedi Consular love romance novels? What secret thing do they love - and would be mortified if anyone knew it?
Bright's Fanfic Threads

alaurin
10.06.2013 , 06:54 AM | #4110
Boy, did I get behind! My daughter got the cast off of her leg and trying to keep a 6 year old from running and jumping is NOT easy!!! I'll be so glad when those restrictions are lifted! I'll catch up on my reading today so I can update the index and make comments. For now, I have the next installment in Val and Tia's adventures......not as long this time, ~2200 words.

Title: Dead or Alive?
Prompt: Allies, a little Wishes
Character: Valaya-Smuggler, Corso and Jorgan
Setting: Taris, after this.
Spoilers: Smuggler and Trooper Taris

Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler