Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

alaurin
09.30.2013 , 12:40 PM | #4091
Comments/Replies: (I'll catch up the index shortly)
Spoiler

Ok, time to catch Val, Corso, and Jorgan up to where we left Tia off.....I'm so glad people are enjoying this take on the Trooper storyline. Sorry, its another longish one.....~3000 words.

Title: Close, But No Cigarra….
Prompt: Allies, a little Affection
Character: Valaya-Smuggler, Corso and Jorgan
Setting: XS Freighter, Port Raga, BT Thunderclap, takes place just after this.
Spoilers: end of Trooper prelude/start of Trooper Act 1, Smuggler and Trooper Taris

Spoiler

DarthSillyMonkey
09.30.2013 , 08:44 PM | #4092
Writer's slump suuuuucks. On the plus side, more time for keepin' up with the comments!

Spoiler
"Now you see that Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

frauzet
10.01.2013 , 12:15 AM | #4093
@YoshiRaphElan: Captain Coruscant? Pfft, he doesn't stand a chance against the Incredible Houk. So yes, in FCD-terms that's it :P

@bright_ephemera: I suppose the party was wild. I wasn't there, but I think 20 years earlier I would have loved it. Back in the shared apartment times there were always a lot of people gathering for coffee the morning after a party.

@alaurin: I hope that was a lot of nice memories to make up for the last story. I'd rather make you smile than bring tears to your eyes

I like the slight modification in your story. I think it's not very rational that you are not able to pursue Wraith with part of the team ingame

@DarthSillyMonkey: Luckily I never was THAT drunk myself or only in the right company, but I heard a lot of 'I'll never again drink alcohol'

Glad you all liked the pictures.
...From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire... (Frost)

Lesaberisa
10.01.2013 , 12:29 AM | #4094
I'm way too far behind on comments so I'm going to skip them. I have been really enjoying sneaking into the topic ot read when I can, great for entertaining myself as I face constantly huge amounts of work at the office

Character: Amitia (JK)
Prompt: Fitness/Competition
Notes: No real in-game spoilers, though the JK Nar Shaddaa storyline is mentioned.

Spoiler

Character: Malicineve (SW)
Prompt: LF1M
Notes: No game spoilers, set pre-Balmorra

Spoiler

Character: Veresia (Inq)
Prompt: To Market, To Market
Notes: Minor spoiler (about how the Inquisitor story ends for Veresia)

Spoiler

And...I already sort of plugged my stories in a previous post, and the links are in my signature. Trooper one is a little more personal/"down-to-Earth", Inquisitor one is more tied into actual plot, blahblahblah.

So...here are my characters, since putting faces to names seems kind of neat. Spoiler tags due to image sizes (also because resizing them is apparently beyond me at this hour)

Amuri, my BH, getting ready to blow Skadge away.
Spoiler

Veresia, my Inquisitor, staring blankly at something
Spoiler

Her brother, Ayrs, my trooper, looking typically befuddled on Balmorra.
Spoiler

Amitia, my JK, hanging out with Kira
Spoiler

Olympia, my JC, showing more emotion than she ever did in-game.
Spoiler

Malicineve, my SW, stomping around her ship and terrorizing Vette
Spoiler

Mina, my neglected agent, wondering if Kaliyo is plotting something
Spoiler
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

irishfino
10.01.2013 , 11:35 AM | #4095
Prompt: Pimp My Stories

Most of my stories have started here in the Short Fic thread then spun off to become something... barely readable. But fun.

Ninety Seven Percent
Spoiler

Hindsight
Spoiler

Quinn Quinn Quotes
Spoiler

From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald
Spoiler

The Misadventures of Mischievous Malavai
Spoiler

Stuff My Companions Say
Spoiler

Ninety Seven Percent: Lekku Effect
Spoiler

Rarh, this exercise has shown me how little I've updated some of my threads. Sad face. Ah, well, I hope the writing bug will bite me again soon.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

YoshiRaphElan
10.01.2013 , 03:44 PM | #4096
Prompt - Turning Points
Title - Welcome to Oricon
Class - All Republic
Oricon spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler

alaurin
10.02.2013 , 12:08 PM | #4097
Index is up to date......and an interesting note, I finally had to use that fifth slot I'd set aside when I took it over!

Comments/Replies:
Spoiler

Now, onward with the story!!! Yeah, it's another longish one....~3000 words.

Title: On the Trail
Prompt: Allies
Character: Valaya-Smuggler, Corso and Jorgan
Setting: XS Freighter, Taris, following this.
Spoilers: Smuggler and Trooper Taris

warning: some mild torture....nothing too graphic though.
Spoiler

Author's Note (Trooper Spoilers):
Spoiler

Mrtwo
10.02.2013 , 04:46 PM | #4098
I won't post any comments or replies here, but please know that I read (pronounced red) all the stories and loved them and read the comments and appreciated them. My lapses in post-time are largely due to an addiction I am trying to break. Writing really helps and I should do it more, so I shall, and try to comment and reply as much as I can from now on.
Sequel to http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=3869

Words: 1038
Prompt: Xenobiology (Sort of. The way that I am writing these things makes it hard to assign just one prompt.)
Warnings: Mentioned amputation (not sure if that would affect someone but you never know, right? If this does make you not want to read my stories, please note that all future stories about Rizz will have him as an amputee, and I'm sorry if this means you won't read them anymore.)
Spoilers: None

Spoiler

marissalf
10.02.2013 , 08:45 PM | #4099
Comments!
Spoiler

Replies!
Spoiler

Story time! Going way, way back for this one. I think this is the earliest thing I've written for Kinka, going all the way back to the agent prologue.
NotLP: First Impressions
Title: Hutt Hospitality
Spoilers: Some dialogue from the agent prologue. Hovering around 2000 words.
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
10.03.2013 , 06:16 AM | #4100
I'm reading along and enjoying. A couple of plot notes:
A minor thing about the Agent prologue re: marissalf's story:
Spoiler

The Trooper's Act 1, re: alaurin's story:
Spoiler

Striges' promotional copy reminded me that I do have a Tumblr on which I post, not much actual fic, but a lot of rambling about my characters. So that's here.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.