Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bright_ephemera
09.08.2013 , 06:41 PM | #3981
@alaurin, I love Val's choosing to mod Tia's bracelet. As friendship jewelry goes that's very practical - and sweet. What nerve it took for Tia to take the next step!

@kabeone...Hutt articles of incorporation. I'd hate to be one of their lawyers. XD

@marissalf, great rendition of a brutal sequence. I was infuriated at what they did to Vector during it.

I wrote The Story So Far entries for the Ruth!verse, No Death, Only Wrath!verse, and Vierce!verse for the original prompt some eight months back...since then one Ruth!verse character has been added, one underwent major development, Vierce added some stuff, and a wholly new universe, the Mellekor!verse, got some time. I'll get the Ruth!verse people out of the way now and take care of Vierce, Mellekor, and Ananz later.

Wynston, the whole story so far (some Agent spoilers may be implied herein):
Spoiler

Calline, no spoilers beyond the first name you hear in the BH intro:
Spoiler

alaurin's marvelous index has the full list of SFC Pieces for these people.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Adwynyth
09.09.2013 , 02:49 AM | #3982
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
The mood outraged and the emergency medical table (which is a neat looking thing that acts as an out of combat health restore) are both sold by the Bounty Supply vendor for 1 credit each and do not require any reputation. Go get the outraged mood and try it if you haven't. It's hilarious (or scary) but mostly hilarious.
Hee hee! Fun one-off!

For one of my snipers (not Fethea, but a human with anime-purple hair and creepy white eyes), I constantly use the "Eager" mood and have her rifle out at all times. Looks kinda...well...psychotic, and that's how I play that character.
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

theStirge
09.09.2013 , 06:14 AM | #3983
So, I'm not sure what prompt, if any, this fits, and it may be too much for the forum rules(I think I skirted things fairly well, but you never can tell what will be "objectionable"), and I'm probably not going anywhere with it, but you never know. Spoiler tags mainly for space reasons, although there are a couple of things that could be considered Agent class story spoilers.

Also this is without editing, so it may be a little inconsistent.

Spoiler

Notes

Spoiler
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.

alaurin
09.09.2013 , 01:25 PM | #3984
Index is caught up.

@Kabe: TeeHee....loved that one shot!

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
@alaurin, I love Val's choosing to mod Tia's bracelet. As friendship jewelry goes that's very practical - and sweet. What nerve it took for Tia to take the next step!
Thanks! I wasn't sure how well Tia's choice would go over, so I'm glad you liked it!

Also, I'm glad you did a revised Story So Far with Wynston.....I'm still catching up on him!

@theStirge: welcome! I haven't written anything about my Agent yet, but I think Kaliyo would be so fun to write about. As for questionable content, I think you did just fine......especially given you were writing about Kaliyo.

Now, to continue with Val and Tia (don't worry, there are plenty more Bella and Mallay shenanigans coming)....

Title: Things Aren’t Always What They Seem
Prompt: Technology, Allies
Character: Valaya-Smuggler, companions Corso and Jorgan, an appearence by Tiannya-Trooper
Setting: Coruscant
Spoilers: Smuggler and Trooper Ord Mantell and Coruscant

Spoiler

YoshiRaphElan
09.09.2013 , 04:00 PM | #3985
@kabeone, that was totally fitting. I actually almost fell out of my chair the first time I saw the outrage emote. It was...something. Especially since for some bizarre reason my character's teeth extended so I looked live a vampire.

Prompt - The Droids You're Looking For
Title - Crashed Shipments
Class - Trooper
Hoth bonus series spoilers

Spoiler

Adwynyth
09.09.2013 , 06:43 PM | #3986
Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
So, I'm not sure what prompt, if any, this fits, and it may be too much for the forum rules(I think I skirted things fairly well, but you never can tell what will be "objectionable"), and I'm probably not going anywhere with it, but you never know. Spoiler tags mainly for space reasons, although there are a couple of things that could be considered Agent class story spoilers.

Also this is without editing, so it may be a little inconsistent.

(snip)
Oh...that's so delightfully twisted. I like it.
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

theStirge
09.09.2013 , 07:07 PM | #3987
Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
Oh...that's so delightfully twisted. I like it.
Yay! Thanks. I think I have an idea where I'm going with this now, but I'm not sure. I do head-canon all my characters, so I have histories and relationships and whatnot mostly worked out, but I've never actually written any of it down before.

I think I'm going to go back and add some notes to that post, stuff that I'm not sure will actually come out in the story even if I do write any more.
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.

marissalf
09.09.2013 , 07:49 PM | #3988
Replies!
Spoiler

Comments!
Spoiler

CNS_Sarajevo
09.09.2013 , 08:02 PM | #3989
Based on the technology prompt, for Jeana, my Juggernaut. Spoiler tags to conserve space:

Spoiler
Slave Soldier - Cartog wanted nothing more than to have his slave collar removed. But was the price worth paying?

YoshiRaphElan
09.10.2013 , 03:32 PM | #3990
Prompt - Laws and Governance
Title - Official Summons
Class - Trooper
Act 1 spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler