Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

frauzet
08.25.2013 , 04:25 AM | #3911
Whacked the prompt till it fit

Prompt - a little 'Loneliness and Solitude' and 'Gifts' afterwards
Title - One Night
Class - Jedi Consular (Arkeo)
Words - About 900
Spoilers - no spoilers
Set before prologue in the night after this
Spoiler
Author of "Trouble, Destiny and Other Complications" and the AU "Caught"
Participant of the "Short Fic Weekly Challlenge Thread!"
All my stories from TDaOC and SFWC in chronological order

Icerose
08.25.2013 , 11:34 AM | #3912
Comment:
Spoiler

Ok, more story time. Been holding this one for sometime. It feels incomplete, but it;s the way this story is.

Title:No one is immune
Prompt: Failure, Mix it up (Rose/Fiona)
Not any spoilers I know of.
Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler
With one shot I will start or end a revolution, don't be the one shot, my lord.

YoshiRaphElan
08.25.2013 , 01:14 PM | #3913
Prompt - Collections
Title - His Honors
Class - Sith Warrior
No spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Striges
08.25.2013 , 03:25 PM | #3914
Icerose: I like the bond between the girls. Like the bond between twins, only on a whole different level. Also, the setup, with nothing obvious wrong, to total disaster was like a piece from a real memory. The last piece was heartbreaking, especially given Rose’s associations with artillery and explosives.

DarthSillyMonkey: I tumbled to the idea that Jaesa was trying to do the “Intimidating roar” (and failing) thing early on, but I love those last few paragraphs with her conclusions! So completely wrong! Nicely done.

Frauzet: Areko seems so torn between the culture he’s leaving and the culture he’s about to join. I’m enjoying this look at both through his eyes.

YoshiRalphElan: Quinn stressing over which medals to wear and in what order, not to mention a subtle joke at Pierce’s expense, is indeed very Quinn.

bright_ephemera
08.25.2013 , 04:19 PM | #3915
@Icerose Oh, I love the guitar songs as therapy for the two. The singing for Karl, too.

@DSM Vette's cavaliar "You're going to give me a raise?" was right on. I especially like Vette throughout.

@frauzet, thanks for finding that name! I think I'll ninja edit because continuity bugs me until it's fixed. Your Arkeo piece melted me. Melted.

@Yoshi, what a terrible problem for a Quinn to have!
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

YoshiRaphElan
08.25.2013 , 07:25 PM | #3916
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSillyMonkey View Post
Spoiler
DarthSillyMonkey, even when reading something is hilarious I seldom actually laugh audibly, even if I'm cracking up inside. Congratulations. You got me to laugh. Out loud.

Striges
08.25.2013 , 10:41 PM | #3917
Prompt: Mysteries

Title: Masks

Character: Jealousy and Khem Val

Spoilers for the Revanite series on Dromund Kaas, no spoilers for Inquisitor story.

I’ve only written one other story for Jealousy, Jealousy’s Dream. Not that she isn't inspiring, I need to get the right prompt before something crystallizes. The Revanites were a critical encounter for her.

Spoiler

YoshiRaphElan
08.26.2013 , 04:41 PM | #3918
Prompt - Rites of Passage
Title - Hands
Class - Jedi Knight
Reference to Act 1 finale title

Spoiler

Prompt - Laws and Governance
Title - The Hard Choices
Class - Jedi Knight
Takes place immediately after the one above, no spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
08.26.2013 , 07:41 PM | #3919
@Striges, ooo, I had hoped only Ladra heard voices from it. It's much less creepy when only she does.

@Yoshi, that's a hard self-awareness for any Jedi. It's brave of him to try to face up to it.

Let's see, I have two spoiler-free Calline pieces. The first is shortly after Gault's recruitment, Gifts: Share and Share Alike. 270 words.
Spoiler

Then, after Alderaan, The Droids You're Looking For: Selective Maintenance. 320 words.
Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

Damask_Rose
08.26.2013 , 09:35 PM | #3920
I've been trying to read this thread from the very start. So many great stories! I really don't know how you all can get your writing done, read each others pieces and comment, play your characters and still work and be with your friends and families. I'm glad that you do though! I firmly believe it's the vibrant fan fic community that has kept me interested in SWtOR for so long. Thank you all! (I don't have any individual comments yet, since I'm still way back on page 104.)