Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

YoshiRaphElan
07.31.2013 , 08:08 PM | #3681
Quote: Originally Posted by frauzet View Post
Spoiler
I'm not sure if I'll do a Havoc-POV version of it, although I might tackle it at some point.

bright_ephemera
07.31.2013 , 08:31 PM | #3682
@Yoshi, even Akaavi has her point of vanity. It must be very important to get some proper beskar'gam, or at least something that doesn't look too awful.

@frauzet, I have a ridiculous weakness for stargazers. Always. I like Mako's uncertainty here - very much aware of what Thorns is and is capable of, but also with the beginnings of a reason to trust him. Looking to the stars and dreaming is such a very human (as in sentient, not species) thing.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Adwynyth
07.31.2013 , 11:29 PM | #3683
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
She nodded. "I know. But look at me. I look like a common, dishonorable mercenary that comes cheap at places like Port Nowhere. It's disgusting."
D'awww...poor Akaavi. I'll admit, I haven't played a Smuggler far enough to get her yet, (don't worry, I don't care about spoilers) but that's adorable here. I read that as a Mandalorian equivalent of "But the ball's tonight and I have nothing to wear!"

Oh, my first one. I hope you don't mind if I SQUEE you right back
You go right ahead. And I'm sure there will be many more.

Being able to disassemble and reassemble all weapons blindfolded probably with one hand tied to his back and being overchallenged with the umbrella, I really like him. He might be related to one or two guys I happen to know
He's competent with anything that kills, maims, or protects people. But only competent. Why do you think he had to get good at "grab random object, use to kill" combat?

But umbrellas? He'd likely never seen one used for a purpose other than deflecting rain before this vacation. And maybe even not then. ...Although it's entirely possible he killed somebody with one at some point.

Somehow her hand found his and gave it a gentle squeeze.
Her heart skipped a beat. He had said ‘we’. She could have kissed him, but that certainly would have sent some wrong signals.
Mako Romance Spoilers for any BH < level 50ish
Spoiler
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

sthrift
08.01.2013 , 04:16 AM | #3684
Wow, there's some more talent around here. Great stories and more than I dare try to comment on because I'll miss someone.

My latest, no spoilers for the trooper and off the vacation prompt.

Spoiler

Spoiler

YoshiRaphElan
08.01.2013 , 08:16 AM | #3685
Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
D'awww...poor Akaavi. I'll admit, I haven't played a Smuggler far enough to get her yet, (don't worry, I don't care about spoilers) but that's adorable here. I read that as a Mandalorian equivalent of "But the ball's tonight and I have nothing to wear!"
Pretty much. LOL

DarthSillyMonkey
08.01.2013 , 09:32 AM | #3686
Hooooooly freaking stories!! Hopefully I catch everyone here, because it was all amazing.

Spoiler
"Now you see that Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

alaurin
08.01.2013 , 02:20 PM | #3687
Index should be caught up at this point, it there are any mistakes or anything is missing, please message me and I will fix it as soon as I can. I've gotten caught up on my reading as well and finally have some comments.

Comments:

@Irishfino: Oo.....Azasha shenanigans!!!!!

@Yoshi: awww, I love family reunions.....well, except for some of my family anyways (cough, cough...in laws...cough). I also feel for Akaavi, there really are no decent armor choices available for her....or Corso for that matter. All of the pieces with the stats they need look too much like Republic military gear, which neither of them belong to. Its been a while, but I always felt the same way with Pierce on my SW....all of the gear with his stats looks like BH gear and he is military.....go figure!

@Lesaberisa: hehe, I love it when Ayrs and Jorgan go drinking....always good for some laughs, this one was a little more serious, but Ayrs still got a few potshots in at Jorgan in the beginning. As for Amurri, I'm not sure I would want any part of Skadge as a trophy. Malicineve is so deliciously twisted!!!!

@Bright: awwww, Vette and Ananz.....I got warm fuzzies!!!

@frauzet: That was a very touching, lovely moment for Mako and Thorns.....I loved it!

@sthrift: HAHAHA!!!!
Quote:
Tanno turned to watch him go. “It was only a quarter kilo of detnite. And I’m an explosive expert. I knew what I was doing.” He called after the retreating Cathar.
I can definitely picture Vik saying this!

Replies:

@Adwynyth:
Quote:
Hee hee! I remember the same thing from the other side ("Girls are stupid! They don't like football or cars or anything!") when I was a kid.
Yup, growing up with 2 older brothers, I heard that as well! Also, the next installment of Bella and Mallay shenanigans should be finished by this evening.

@Lesaberisa:
Quote:
@alaurin - as mentioend above, greatly apprecite the index. As for your 'If I were" piece, I'm going to pretend I never had similar conversations. EVer.
Yeah, I recall having a similar conversation with my friends when I was in those pre-teen/early teen years. I was also never going to get married and have kids.....I've been married for 12 years and have 2 kids.

@Bright:
Quote:
@alaurin, I definitely turned into one of those irritating "just you wait, you'll like it *pat pat*" people just reading Mallay's lines.
I felt the same way as I was writing them!

@frauzet:
Quote:
@alaurin: Your story reminds me of my little sisters
hehe, thanks and I hope that's a good thing!

@DarthSillyMonkey:
Quote:
@Alaurin: First off, thanks so much for the index! It's got to be a lot of work and I know we all appreciate it! I loved the sister bonding story. My brothers and I had so many "what would you do with a million dollar" moments, and they were very similar. Great piece!
Thanks! It makes me smile to remember those times when I was a kid and boys still had cooties!!!

Adwynyth
08.01.2013 , 02:31 PM | #3688
Quote: Originally Posted by sthrift View Post
“He did. He threw detnite in the river. I saw him fiddling with something and then throw something in the river. Aric never saw it coming. That Cathar jumped like he had been shot. I think he’s more angry that his fur all stood on end. Makes him look all cuddly.”
Ahahahahahahaha! I don't have Tanno yet, but I look forward to getting him now.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSillyMonkey View Post
@Adwynyth: Gonna get this out of the way. I love your Mako. It's exactly how I picture her. Swaindrix is fun too. Being the total dude, looking but not looking. And I love the Swain goes mano a mano with Blood. I can completely see Swain "enjoying it"
Thankee! Getting the NPCs' characterization right is the highest praise I know.

Making a compelling character myself is hard, but making someone else's sound like themselves is (to me) harder.
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

bright_ephemera
08.01.2013 , 06:40 PM | #3689
Ah, sthrift, that sounds just right for a "modest" Alderaanian "cabin." And the AoE fishing technique - too funny! I love Jorgan's reaction.

I had this crazy idea to write to the current prompt, something you might expect the regular prompt-poster to, well, do sometimes. Anyway, Vierce Savins came to mind for If I Were a Rich Man. Post-game, 400 words, no game spoilers.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

EverSteam
08.01.2013 , 08:21 PM | #3690
Comments (from page 368):
Spoiler

I'm sorry if I missed anyone.
Replies:
Spoiler

NotLP: Dreams and Nightmares (thanks for Bright for the comment that inspired this piece )
Class: Smuggler
Words: 900-ish
No spoilers. Corso.
Spoiler

Back in time in act one on Corsucant.
Prompt: If I were a rich man
Words: only 300
Spoiler

Class: BH (Leer)
Words: only 700-ish
Spoiler

And while I'm here I might as well post them all XD
NotLP: Food, Best and Worst Day Ever and Failure
Class: SW
Spoiler

Skipping ahead to post-game end... (spoilers for SW act 3)
Spoiler