Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Adwynyth
07.29.2013 , 09:54 PM | #3651
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Prompt - Seven Virtues
Title - Courage
Class - Sith Inquisitor
Act 3 finale spoilers, takes place at the end of the war with the Empire

(snip)
*applause* Well done. VERY well done.
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

YoshiRaphElan
07.29.2013 , 10:17 PM | #3652
Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
*applause* Well done. VERY well done.
Why, thank you.

EverSteam
07.30.2013 , 04:02 AM | #3653
Replies:
Spoiler

NotLP: Uninvited Guests, Seven Virtues (Courage) and Turning Points
Class: Smuggler (surprise )
No spoilers. 400-ish words. Corso. (sorry, I've gone a little out of order with the times)
Spoiler

NotLP: Communication Breakdown, Alternate Perspectives and Allies
Words: 500-ish
Spoiler

NotLP: Seven Virtues (Hope), Turning Points
Corso, 300-ish words
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
07.30.2013 , 05:52 AM | #3654
@Yoshi, that prisoner was a popular guy that day As for Tran'thar, great dramatic scene. Then again, I might be biased in favor of Andronikos and Talos

@marissalf, I loved Melodai's piece. Loved.
Quote:
Mel sighed. They had been through it. And she knew why he couldn’t leave. That still didn’t make it any easier to accept. She could only make him regret it when she left. Someday.
I feel for her.

@kabeone I don't like filter authorization Cresh-Isk very much. Very cool (awful) idea. I really enjoy devious technical solutions and security hacks.

@Adwynyth "Shut up. We're enjoying ourselves." Glorious.

@EverSteam I guess I should have guessed, when the city was destroyed. How eerie and sad to find Audra's message there in the midst of everything else. Also, I can see Corso as the type to turn to something decent and constructive after he's hit rock bottom. Also also, glad to be of service with the ideas

Replies:

@kabeone
Quote:
I can also imagine [Fixer Thirty-Four's] post "breakup" recovery will be designing new mouse droids. At first, little blue ones that blow themselves up.
*snrk* "Sure, self-destruct. It's the only logical thing to do. Stars forbid they actually stick around to accomplish anything meaningful...here's an idea, how about you just scurry off and explode the second I turn my back..." I don't know whether she'd be that snotty but the image is terribly entertaining.

@Adwynyth
Quote:
I know you probably have everything in Wynston's entire timeline planned, but I really hope...way, way down, when Wynston gets sick of his post-Ruth occupation, he might reconnect and settle down with her.
I seriously considered a Ruth-less piece in which Fixer Thirty-Four shows up and is utterly enthralled by Quinn and his air of noble tragedy. ("Buh...but...I swept her off her feet first! QUINN!") Because it appears to be the Tormenting Wynston Festival in my head lately In truth, though, the latest Ruth-verse timeline entry I have written or planned is the published Ruth-less bit about blowing up Balmorra, so after that anything could happen.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

EverSteam
07.30.2013 , 06:00 AM | #3655
Me again!
NotLP: Discovery and Turning Points
Class: SW (for a change )
Words: 3000-ish (I know it's a little long)
No spoilers. Might have a few following shorts and kind of stands alone from my other SW pieces. And yes, there's Quinn
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
07.30.2013 , 06:04 AM | #3656
Mea Culpa, Wynston, some implied Agent Act 3 spoilers. 275 words.
Spoiler

A coda: Wynston's Gifts, no game spoilers. 150 words.
Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
07.30.2013 , 06:13 AM | #3657
Beautiful, Eversteam!

Quote: Originally Posted by EverSteam View Post
'I'm not going to cut your arm off for looking at me. If that's how it worked, Pierce would be minus so many parts I would have run out weeks ago,' she remarks with a smile and a laugh.
Ahaha...truth

Quote: Originally Posted by EverSteam View Post
He looks to the stars and doesn't see the appeal.
How very Quinn. How terribly, poignantly Quinn.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
07.30.2013 , 06:25 AM | #3658
Insane, crazy, life-gets-in-the-way-of-everything (including itself) several days. Many, many apologies for my lack of replies.

More coherent statements incoming, but after a very quick skim:

Magdalane, this thread wouldn't even exist without you. Your stories will always be welcome.

Kabeone: Thank you so much for maintaining the index as long as you have. I suppose I have to start keeping my own index now *shudder*.

To both: I doubt anyone thought the thread would still be going this long, with no signs of slowing down. I think it's contributed to the overall friendly tone in this forum. A rare thing on the internet, let alone a video game forum. Thanks to everyone, not just our thread-creator and tireless indexer listed above.

alaurin
07.30.2013 , 06:41 AM | #3659
I would like to thank Kabeone for making and keeping the index up for so long!!! I know many of us have used it to catch up on our favorite characters in the SFC thread and I am more than happy to keep it going. If I am missing anything, please send me a message and I will do my best to fix it.

Story Index by Universe > Character > Chronology
Authors A

Adwynyth

AgentJacen
Spoiler

AKHadeed

alaurin
Spoiler

Allronix

almost_insane
Spoiler

Updated 6/16/2014 as of post #5041.