Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lesaberisa
06.14.2013 , 03:14 PM | #3341
I will be adding comments to this post once I get them in order!

And here we go

Spoiler

Character: Ayrs Martell
Also appearing: Amurri (BH), Amitia (JK), Olympia (JC) and several companions
Prompt: Allies
Setting/Notes: Takes place after Makeb. Minor implied spoilers about the BH storyline.

Spoiler

Note: Ayrs/Elara and Olympia "met" in this scene
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

bright_ephemera
06.14.2013 , 03:50 PM | #3342
Week of 6/14/2013
Mea Culpa - Our characters have probably done a lot of wrong or perceived wrong, one way or another. Sometimes they think an apology is necessary. Sometimes they really don't. Sometimes they may want to apologize even when they didn't do anything. Sometimes the wronged party accepts it; sometimes they reject it; sometimes they're not there to hear it. Write about a time when your character or someone they know was prompted to apologize.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
This week's featured NotLP:
Hidden Talents - All of our characters are good fighters, but people are good at more than one thing. What else are they good at - and how do their friends and family react to learning about this hidden skill?
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
06.15.2013 , 07:54 PM | #3343
Quote: Originally Posted by Lesaberisa View Post
@ Striges: Even if I keep forgetting to snarkily reply to your separate topic (to your comment that "all those views have to come from people who actually read my story"), I do make a point to always read your posts, which I always enjoy!
It took me a second to figure out what you were referring to. Did I offend? With my parenthetical comment? I know I haven’t been posting much in this thread but...then I realized you referred to my other thread.

On topic, though, as the former owner of a difficult-to-pronounce name, I sympathize with Quorian. The Force finds all kinds of ways to test your patience. This one takes the form of a Republic trooper.

bright_ephemera
06.16.2013 , 10:13 AM | #3344
Commentary!
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

YoshiRaphElan
06.16.2013 , 02:51 PM | #3345
Prompt - Mea Culpa
Title - Rude with Politicians
Class - Bounty Hunter
Makeb Empire starting conversation spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
06.16.2013 , 05:20 PM | #3346
Defiance to the Empire: Risky, and yet so, so satisfying.

Now a short NotLP: New Paths for padawan Colran Niral, of the Jedi temple on Nar Shaddaa. Last time I mentioned him he was determinedly cutting off fellow padawan Xar. 400 words, no game spoilers.

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Striges
06.17.2013 , 06:18 AM | #3347
Marissalf: Nice to see someone remind the lackeys that not everyone bows to the Emperor, or has to. How did the officer know Mando'a? Dha said "Mandalorian" and he probably froze up right about there, debating whether to let the guy go or call in reinforcements.

Bright: One thing the Jedi seem to be good at, and that's dealing with a problem by pretending it doesn't exist. Instead of showing Colran a different way to heal, Zauvien doesn't teach him at all. However, his jitters--what's going to happen, will I be out of place, what's going to happen while I'm gone--are so very human.

Striges
06.17.2013 , 07:10 AM | #3348
Double posting spam

Prompt: Hidden Talents

Character: Jurial (Jedi Sage), Qyzen, Tharan

Title: Demonstrating Knowledge

Occurs between Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine. Minor spoilers for Consular companion acquisition and for Qyzen’s companion quests. No spoilers for the main class story, not quite 1200 words.

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
06.17.2013 , 06:05 PM | #3349
Eee, Consular companions! And Jurial, trying not to enjoy it too much...it's bad to get the ego bound up in these things, at least if you're a Jedi.

A backwards NotLP: Defense for Wynston and Quinn in the Ruth-less timeline, some nineteen years after the class line ends. No game spoilers. 450 words.

The premise of Ruth-less:
Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Adwynyth
06.18.2013 , 03:03 AM | #3350
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Spoiler
Eeee-hehehehehe! Classic! That's getting printed out and going on my wall.

(It helps that I despise Balmorra almost as much as he does.)
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress