Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vesaniae
05.13.2013 , 04:41 PM | #3191
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
=CEILING(1000*RAND(),4)

(In my Excel spreadsheet, this generates a random integer from 1 to 1000.)

And it generated

which is

Quinn and Wynston getting it on in Pierce Junior's fic. Congratulations, Ves, you threw a dart and hit a Quinn. A very busy Quinn.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *rolls around*

*looks at Wynston and Quinn* Carry on, don't mind me...
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

Selentar
05.13.2013 , 05:09 PM | #3192
Well done everyone!! And thanks for the stats Bright

This threat has reached the EPIC level

Onto more stories and beyond!!

Prompt : Planes, Trains and Thrantamobiles
feat Xania and Andronikos - No spoilers

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

kabeone
05.13.2013 , 05:14 PM | #3193
I Love/Hate This Bar

Spoiler

edit to add some late comments

@Magdalane such a scary thing to witness but this:
Quote:
“Are you kidding? She’ll stab me with my own lightsaber if I don’t take care of you first, and believe me, I’m more afraid of her than you.”
Guss is the best

@marissalf I might have laughed a bit too loudly at this
Quote:
“I holorecorded his shrieking in the shower when he finally noticed.”
@Tatile three days or a month confused the heck out of me too and the real life recipe didn't exactly clear things up. Ahh the novice baker with a tiny kitchen. Cupcakes... cupcakes forever.

edit edit : because I don't like multiposting
@bright

"Ow! Nerd."

Zap.

"nerd."

"Leaving now.
You write the best Vette

YoshiRaphElan
05.13.2013 , 06:30 PM | #3194
@ everyone, congratulations! We did it!

bright_ephemera
05.13.2013 , 06:37 PM | #3195
@ irishfino, ugh, the grandstanding takes on a level of visceral ow when Force-blinds get thrown into the power struggle.

@Yoshi,
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
At least now, they weren't cheering him on for nothing.
Beautifully put together. And yes, I have given and received mighty plastic-lightsaber blows before.

@Selentar
Quote: Originally Posted by Selentar View Post
He threw his hands in the air mockingly “Of course. How could I forget that you are a member of the never ending money comes out of my ears club.”
Nice club if you can get in! It must be nice for a former slave to have the luxury of picking out bright red speeders.

Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
I Love/Hate This Bar"I hate this bar." Quinn muttered, "Every time I walk in here there's a fourteen percent chance someone playing darts will hit me."
Aaahahaha! Better not tell him about the two-tenths of a percent chance he'll end up with some Chiss guy's flame-brilliant eyes thrusting through his defences like so much illusory mist to penetrate to his vulnerable centre. Mere darts don't sound so bad now, do they?
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

marissalf
05.13.2013 , 07:18 PM | #3196
Ladies and gentlemen, we have officially reached ONE THOUSAND STORIES on this thread! The 49 authors of the thread have earned 166,000 pageviews while writing a combined 857,619 words over the past year. That's the word count equivalent of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy plus the first three and a half Harry Potter books!
That is just awesome — so many good stories to read! And seriously, this nerd loves some charts!

Comments:
Bright, I love the fact that Nalenne is a comic book geek. There’s just something about a powerful Sith lord geeking out over comics that makes me smile.

Tatile, It’s probably for the best that Rochester gave up before he got to step 12 of that recipe. Drizzling molten hot sugar all over everything — terrifying.

Yoshi, The thought of little kids running around with their play lightsabers and robes is too cute. And it’s nice that Jasin got a taste of some well-earned hero worship.

Selentar, “Sith code of colour conduct,” haha, I like this. And I can relate to Xania — the color is important, especially if you’re going to plunk down a hunk of credits for the thing. *cough, may or may not have bought a car solely based on color, cough*

Kabe, *giggles* That was perfect

Morgani
05.13.2013 , 10:16 PM | #3197
Bright, your number crunching is awe inspiring and so freaking fun to read.

And also...

*FLAILS* Brei'yu and Ipha make that list more than once!

I want to come baaaaack.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

alaurin
05.15.2013 , 11:52 AM | #3198
So this is my first time posting in here. I have been lurking in here, reading everyone's great works for months. I have felt guilty for not contributing, but I am extremely shy about sharing and I am by no means a writer. In fact, I was a math teacher for several years before being a Mommy, so I am great with numbers, bad with words. So it is with great courage and tons of nerves that I decided to finally step up and share. This was inspired by my frustrations over seeing that Aric Jorgan is still wearing an undershirt after yesterday's patch. This short piece took me a while to write and I am still unsure if I have it totally the way I want it or if I will ever attempt writing again, but here goes....hope it isn't too bad.

Prompt: Working out the Kinks
Title: The Things You Find Yourself Getting Talked Into
Featuring: Mallayse-trooper, Belladonya-smuggler, and companions
Time: shortly after Act I

Spoiler

Well, in the very least, I feel better about lurking and reading everyone else's stuff now that I have shared something!

Edit: hmmm, guess a small chunk got cut off when I copied it over.

Lesaberisa
05.15.2013 , 02:48 PM | #3199
Welcome to the thread ( I was new to writing and also lurked here for a LONG time before starting) and great start!

A few items:

Veresia (SI)
Prompt: Planes, Trains and Thrantamobiles
Notes: Mild Inquisitor spoilers.

Spoiler

Amurri (Bounty Hunter)
Prompt: Worst Day Ever
Notes: Very, very mild companion spoiler. Also a terrible way for poor Amurri to get started in my stories

Spoiler

Ayrs
Prompt: Food
Notes: Another skip ahead of my main topic, set sometime during Act 3.

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
05.15.2013 , 06:00 PM | #3200
@alaurin, welcome to the thread! Corso and Jorgan are a logical pair for an alliance when the Smuggler and Trooper are a) related, b) female and c) trouble.

@Lesaberisa, great trio. Building the background up to the emotional punch of the first, the pithy and extremely sympathetic Worst Day Ever, the adorable Elara moment.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.