Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bright_ephemera
05.13.2013 , 10:24 AM | #3181
@Lesa, I feel Ayrs' pain when it comes to the paperwork...and might have laughed a little bit to read that it's probably the first time in the station's history anyone stuck to the rules.
Best context for Kira's statement yet. I can't imagine public transit on Coruscant being a welcoming experience.

@Magdalane, this one freaked me out So glad her friends were still nearby.

@marissalf, poor Rissia! I think thrantas are beautiful but I suspect I would be a lot less calm about it if faced with the prospect of actually flying on one.

@Tatile, I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who finds herself...overwhelmed?...in attempting baking. A shower and a change of clothes...yup.

Planes, Trains and Thrantamobiles with a side of What's in a Name? for Nalenne. No game spoilers. 250 words.
Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

irishfino
05.13.2013 , 11:25 AM | #3182
Replies!
Spoiler

Story!

NotLP: Discovery
Characters: Gelt, Rylee, Ravage, and cameos by Mortis and Marr

It Begins
Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

YoshiRaphElan
05.13.2013 , 12:15 PM | #3183
@ bright, that's probably something I'd do.

Prompt - Fame
Title - Heroism
Class - Jedi Knight
Act 3 spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
05.13.2013 , 02:56 PM | #3184

Ladies and gentlemen, we have officially reached ONE THOUSAND STORIES on this thread! The 49 authors of the thread have earned 166,000 pageviews while writing a combined 857,619 words over the past year. That's the word count equivalent of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy plus the first three and a half Harry Potter books!

The thousandth story, by my count, is YoshiRaphElan's Fame/Heroism. Congratulations!

Some figures from the stories thus far:

Longest: Ereiniel's Teachers and Heroes entry, with 5676 words. The longest multi-post story is Morgani's Brothers and Sisters, which weighs in at 19197 words.

Shortest: Striges' Varrel Umrahiel in Ceremonies, with 42 words. Unless you want to count the single word of Nalenne's contribution to bright_ephemera's four-part Tauntaun Roundup.

Timeline earliest: Striges' Varrel Umrahiel in a First about half a century before the class line.

Timeline latest: kabeone's Lord Scourge in the RemiGrey!verse, with a Worst Day Ever in 281 ATC.

The Old Faithful Club: Five authors have posted at least one story per month ever since the SFC was founded: Tatile, Striges, Magdalane, kabeone, and iamthehoyden.

Story counts:

OCs (original characters):
Spoiler

Locations:
Spoiler

Companions and NPCs:
Spoiler

Hookups:
Spoiler

Thanks for the stories, and keep on writing!
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Tatile
05.13.2013 , 03:05 PM | #3185
Aww, my boys, making numbers together <3

Also, this thread is so full of us ladies! Ladies everywhere! Tis awesome.

irishfino
05.13.2013 , 03:06 PM | #3186
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Aww, my boys, making numbers together <3

Also, this thread is so full of us ladies! Ladies everywhere! Tis awesome.
Lady powah!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Vesaniae
05.13.2013 , 03:29 PM | #3187
Yaaay! *throws a dart to see if she hits a Quinn*
Serence Legacy Ebon Hawk
There's always lightning.

bright_ephemera
05.13.2013 , 03:45 PM | #3188
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
Yaaay! *throws a dart to see if she hits a Quinn*
=CEILING(1000*RAND(),4)

(In my Excel spreadsheet, this generates a random integer from 1 to 1000.)

And it generated

which is

Quinn and Wynston getting it on in Pierce Junior's fic. Congratulations, Ves, you threw a dart and hit a Quinn. A very busy Quinn.
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Tatile
05.13.2013 , 03:47 PM | #3189
Bright that's amazing.

Of all the Quinn fics, it had to be the one with the cerulean contours. XD

kabeone
05.13.2013 , 03:50 PM | #3190
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
=CEILING(1000*RAND(),4)

(In my Excel spreadsheet, this generates a random integer from 1 to 1000.)

And it generated

which is

Quinn and Wynston getting it on in Pierce Junior's fic. Congratulations, Ves, you threw a dart and hit a Quinn. A very busy Quinn.
There can be no better thing than this thing.

Thanks for all the stats nomnom data and thanks to everyone who wrote anything or commented in the past year <3 you guys.