Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
05.11.2013 , 11:34 AM | #3171
Irish - Rylee is certainly taking on the role of supportive wife, but without the expected scheming and manipulations of, well, any woman with a powerful husband and her own ambitions. Any future power plays against Gelt would undoubtedly involve undermining his confidence in her.

Bright - Tauntauns, ugh. Wynston has the correct assessment and I worry a bit for Nalenne. Good old Ruth, looking out for everyone with an Original Trilogy reference.

kabeone
05.11.2013 , 11:45 AM | #3172
@bright I liked the idea of traditional story telling for Chiss beginning with a call out. I wonder if Wynston told it to Vector the same way.
Watcher Two/Wynston was brilliant, I love her surprise that he was actually listening. I love the different reactions to dealing with the strange living mount, bonus for Wynston for dealing with primitive creature + outdoor elements.

@Striges One of my favorite parts of the smuggler class line is when she's in the separatist base and goes "By the Stars someone must be invading our base!" or something like that. The first character I got anywhere with was the smuggler and the fact that that actually WORKED had me sold. It's great that you mentioned the smugglers mad con-artist skills.
One of the reasons I don't make a Twi'lek is the hat issue. She should have given the hat to Corso, he could bring the thunder

@marissalf eeee. <3 Vector and Kinka.

@Tatile Poor Broan, I sympathise. (As a person who really really doesn't like being out in the sun)

@Magdalane They say that the Jedi do not keep much in personal possessions only what they can take with them. I'm glad to see Magdalane makes it count

@Adwynyth When I built my Miraluka I wondered why I could see eye makeup showing at the sides of some of the masks, now I know. I also, love the idea of a girls night out with Keeper.

Icerose
05.11.2013 , 03:45 PM | #3173
Prompt: Xenobiology
Title: Discussions
Spoilers Sith Warrior end of chapter 1

Spoiler

Notes.
Spoiler
With one shot I will start or end a revolution, don't be the one shot, my lord.

bright_ephemera
05.11.2013 , 07:40 PM | #3174
It occurred to me, not everyone has taken an alien Agent to hit on Watcher Two. She brings up her superior mental abilities if you try to chat her up: "I'm the product of six generations of selective breeding. I can plot hyperspace routes in my head. You'll forgive me if I'm not charmed by an alien." Well, hello to you, too, gorgeous.

@Yoshi, Dankin's temptation is so awful and yet so understandable. (Ayup, sir.) Awesome piece.

@Tatile, I felt briefly awful for thinking "I'd prefer an internally heated transport" while looking at tauntauns; then I thought, nah, no shame. The heat source is right there in case of emergency.

@kabe, I think Wynston would self-consciously explain that the "Listen!" is a traditional folklore callout, and then self-consciously explain its recurrence when it came to the resolution/moral of the story, feeling foolish about it the whole time. But if he's going to do it he may as well do it right, so the callouts happen.

@Icerose,
Quote: Originally Posted by Icerose View Post
Remember this above all else, Jaesa. the Jedi are wrong in trying to get rid of emotions, for we can't. We are all wired to have emotions, and to not acknowledge them will bring about fall of them.
An observation would-be Force masters would do well to heed. Then again, I might be unfairly biased in favor of Sith...
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Adwynyth
05.12.2013 , 04:03 AM | #3175
(placeholder for when I'm not sick anymore and can respond properly to recent pure gold )

Sorry...got a touch of something nasty this weekend, and I'm not quite over it yet. Makes sitting at the computer a headache-inducing affair.

But Icerose, I like it. A much more thorough explanation that my Agent talking to Kaliyo, and different in so many ways but a beautiful bit of headcanon there.

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Nalenne
Wheeeeeeee!
Bahahahahahahaha! Love it!
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

Lesaberisa
05.12.2013 , 09:35 AM | #3176
Character: Ayrs Martell (Trooper, contains very mild class story spoilers)
Prompt: Planes, Trains, and Thrantamobiles
Notes; Skips ahead of my main/separate topic. Might or might not be related to the time I had in customs on my trip.

Spoiler

Character: Amitia (previously unnamed Jedi Knight, no game spoilers)
Notes: Occurs at a vague time during Act 3

Spoiler

YoshiRaphElan
05.12.2013 , 12:12 PM | #3177
@ Les, great job on both! Kira losing her ticket...I could see it happening. A lot.

Magdalane
05.12.2013 , 05:55 PM | #3178

Miriah and Corso, RotHC
no spoilers, ~ 1k words
Title: Gamblers Never Win

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

marissalf
05.12.2013 , 09:13 PM | #3179
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Wheeeeeeee!
One word, so many giggles

Icerose, Xenobiology lessons are fun. I always enjoy reading about species I don’t know a whole lot about, and it makes sense that K'saren would have to explain her abilities/limitations to the crew.

Lesaberisa, I’d imagine it would be quite the spectacle to see Jedi taking public transit, and I like the thought of these big, powerful Jedi having to do something so normal as take the bus (so to speak).

Magdalane, Your Corso is just the sweetest thing ever. And how scary the accident must have been for both of them.

Now for a couple fairly short stories for SW Rissia.
NotLP: Confessions
With Rissia and Vette. No spoilers. Takes place mid-Act I
Spoiler

Transportation
With Rissia and Quinn. No spoilers. Takes place on Alderaan in Act I.
Spoiler

Tatile
05.13.2013 , 04:41 AM | #3180
Food
Rochester

Spoiler

Recipe based from here. It looks deceptively simple at first, but I of absolutely no doubt that it is a nightmare.