Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Adwynyth
05.08.2013 , 02:38 PM | #3151
Prompts: Grooming and Fashion
Character: Nyrriani (sniper) and friends
Agent Ch2 & 3 possible spoilers

Spoiler
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

Tatile
05.08.2013 , 03:19 PM | #3152
Magdalane - The problems of being a near-human in a human-centric galaxy And I was so worried for a moment that Corso had bought a hat... your one is so adorable, why is mine a bell-end?

Irish - Oh Rylee is from Nar Shadda, I was so confused for a moment. Also, how terribly kinky. You do like to see your Sith in uniform :3

Adwynyth - Weird thinking of Watcher Two with her hair down or even outside of Intelligence HQ. And yes, why would a Miraluka wear makeup? The morning after for those four should be very interesting.

Adwynyth
05.08.2013 , 04:16 PM | #3153
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Adwynyth - Weird thinking of Watcher Two with her hair down or even outside of Intelligence HQ. And yes, why would a Miraluka wear makeup? The morning after for those four should be very interesting.
Well, I've always seen the seeds of what somebody wanted to be a more significant friendship arc in the story, but obviously there are only so many conversations in the game, and something had to be cut. So I wanted to tease that out a bit.

And oh yes...it will be.

Quote:
Irish - Oh Rylee is from Nar Shadda, I was so confused for a moment. Also, how terribly kinky. You do like to see your Sith in uniform :3
I was delighted to see Rylee make it in as something more than an incidental character. If I didn't hate the SI male voice so much, I would play one just so I could romance her (even if not long-term). Maybe I'll play with voices turned off, at least to Nar Shaddaa so I can get jiggy with her.

Hey! Gimme my pet rakghoul back!
Vette, you're not bringing that thing on my ship.
*pout*
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

irishfino
05.09.2013 , 05:42 AM | #3154
Replies!
Spoiler

Now the story!

NotLP: Firsts
Characters: Geltie and Rylee

Insert Cliche Title
Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
05.09.2013 , 06:09 AM | #3155
NotLP: I Love This Bar
Characters: Geltie and Rylee

Drunknanigans

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

bright_ephemera
05.09.2013 , 09:53 AM | #3156
Striges, your hat story had me in stitches because I once went to track down the makers of Indiana Jones' hat...ultimately it was the price, not the lekku compatibility issue, that dissuaded me, but I sympathize with Kirya, I really do. And Corso and his catchphrase - perfect.

Poor little Broan. It's hard enough to know what to expect from meditation even without heat issues.
I admire any effort at Sith wardrobe variety. Interesting to think that a Pureblood really could get away with more and have it be accepted.

Magdalane's guilty pleasure - as someone who spent years in uniforms in varying degrees of wool and felt I can truly sympathize.

Adwynyth, Watcher Two does say that Imperial Intelligence does encourage bonding. Love that you worked in her name. Love that the four of them can enjoy some down time between crises.

fino, the downside of having your cultist as your lover - the power dynamic makes it too easy for eveything to sound like an order. They seem to get along anyway.
Quote:
I was quite taken with her.”

“You would have to be to lose a game of HoloChess,” she said with a smile. She looked down at the board, made her move and looked back up at him. “Checkmate.”
I see what you did there.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

irishfino
05.09.2013 , 12:40 PM | #3157
Reply!
Spoiler

Story Spam!

NotLP: Changes
Charaters: Geltie and Rylee

No Need For Change
Spoiler

NotLP: Sacrifices
Characters: Geltie, Rylee, unnamed infantry men

Duty to the Men
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
05.09.2013 , 02:20 PM | #3158
D'aww, Geltie.

Some Fashion: In Which Nalenne Faces An Upsetting HR Issue. 400 words, no spoilers.

Spoiler
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
05.09.2013 , 08:30 PM | #3159
@ Adwynyth: "Eyeribbon" I love the name. It sounds so much prettier than "mask" or "band'. I know it was a minor detail in the story, but I thought it was a clever invention. I have to agree with Watcher Two/Keeper--it's weird enough for a blind person to be applying eyeshadow to eyes that aren't there, even weirder to be doing it "looking" at a wall.

@ Magdalane: Yay! I know you mentioned Magdalane wore luxury underthings beneath boring robes. Cute that she even disguises the ordering and receipt of said underthings.

@ Bright: I can't decide what's funnier here, a Sith tottering around in high heels, or a Sith irritated at being short. Shortish. Shorter than the rest of the crew, anyway. Bring the silly.

@ Irish: I liked what you've done expanding on the Rylee romance. Makes me wish you could have picked up one or the other cultist as a companion/love interest in the game instead of just fic.

marissalf
05.09.2013 , 09:28 PM | #3160
Comments:
Bright, Darn that Quinn...doesn’t he know he’s not supposed to be taller than Nalenne? But seriously, I’m a fan of anything that has Quinn unable to do anything right.

Irishfino, I’m liking these stories with Geltie and Rylee. She gets to be an actual fleshed out character as opposed to merely a Sith groupie, which was the in-game impression I had of her. Also, strip chess, niiiice.

Adwynyth, Eeee! Girl time with the agent crew <3 And you captured their personalities so well.

Magdalane, Ha! Ordering the good stuff in her sister’s name, very sneaky

Tatile, Poor Amilia, the Sith do wear a lot of black. At least it’s slimming?

Striges, Awww, Risha trying to make Kirya feel better about the hat. It’s such a bummer to look forward to something you wanted as a kid and then realize it’s not quite what you expected.

Story time!
NotLP: Good/Bad Memories
With agent Kinka and Vector, spoilers ahead! Also, this is kinda long. About 1600 words.
Note:
Spoiler

Spoiler