Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kabeone
05.04.2013 , 07:55 PM | #3141
Index/Prompt archive up to date.

Comments

@marissalf I love the way Lord Rissia has Quinn completely off balance. Also, what what WHAT? what's happening with the dress and Vector and the idea sprung from mentioning marriage? don't leave me hangin!

@iamthehoyden You really do show all the gritty horror we tend to completely gloss over with Ajacksa. It's wonderful to see how awful and terrifying the hero stories would really be for an ordinary person thrown into them.

@Magdalane I had wondered about Miriah's instructor. Those kinds of men count on not being reported so they can continue.

@Selentar I had to do a doubletake. My BH on Ebon Hawk is named Nezumiiro Brother and Sister feuds are hilarious

@Tatile Rochester in the shower...

@bright
Quote:
the pretty ensign who somehow managed to know both too much for safety and too little for utility.
Too perfect a description.

Quote:
Her disappointment, he noted with an unwelcome twinge, was nonregulation too.
I almost felt sorry for her there. urgh.

Quote:
Wynston shoved Kaliyo into the wall and stalked on ahead. She could keep up. She always did.
rawr

Quote:
Quinn directed his scowl at the navicomputer. “Are we there yet?”
I'm not sure how many times Wynston has won a conversation with Quinn but I cheer when it happens.
(Yes in my head there is winning. With the two of them, everytime they're in the same room there's a competition one in which AoNT and stubble puts Wynston at a constant disadvantage. )

Lastly, I'm still clapping my hands with glee at class-swap!NDOW. <3

Zethrodek
05.05.2013 , 07:40 AM | #3142
Very amusing and entertaining, all of these stories.. Sorry I havent contributed much lately.. I enjoy reading all the great stuff you post too much aside from playing.

So yes.. I lurk.

marissalf
05.05.2013 , 09:07 AM | #3143
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Also, what what WHAT? what's happening with the dress and Vector and the idea sprung from mentioning marriage? don't leave me hangin!
I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say something under the Ceremony prompt will be coming…just as soon as I can coax my brain into working again

bright_ephemera
05.06.2013 , 06:36 PM | #3144
Yoshi, Corso with a secret more embarrassing than his gun-naming habit? Well, I guess the gun-naming habit isn’t a secret as such…

marissalf, eeee! That’s what I think of taking it to bugboy.

A trio of short(ish) pieces.

First, Wynston before he's named Wynston in Myths and Legends, no game spoilers, 550 words:
Spoiler
Notes:
Spoiler

Fashion put me in mind of Ruth, canon, after Quinn returns to her life but before RMC's Timeline 3 starts. No game spoilers. 300 words.
Spoiler
Notes:
Spoiler

Fashion with Vierce and Elara. Probably sometime during Voss, post kiss, pre, um, more than kiss. No game spoilers. 240 words.
Spoiler
Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
05.07.2013 , 07:11 AM | #3145
I am so behind on commentary I’ll never catch up. I’m going to have to start fresh at this point and keep up rather than procrastinate. I just want to say that the stories have all been great fun to read. And a very very belated welcome to all the newer participants!

Here’s a bit of fluff with my smuggler crew. Taking place post class story, minor smuggler spoilers, particularly an early Ord Mantell quest.

Prompt: Fashion

Title: Hat

Characters: Kirya (smuggler), Corso, Risha

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler

Tatile
05.07.2013 , 03:54 PM | #3146
I'm terrible at everything at the moment, but I can say I have been reading and enjoying! I just haven't been replying I'm sorry.

Broan
Head of the Class (or not)

Spoiler

In his first year of training with the Jedi.

Fashion
Lord Amilia

Spoiler

This is how she looks currently in-game. We're both sick of black

Striges
05.08.2013 , 06:16 AM | #3147
I like how you show that Broan never fit in with the Jedi. Most Star Wars Jedi-turns-to-the-Sith stories are all about the big dramatic moment of falling to the dark side. Broan's swap is much more subtle. There's the bully, and his orientation, but that's part of a larger picture. One of a person who's an outsider. He didn't go looking for the Sith and the dark side. The Jedi one size fits all philosophy pushed him away.

Amilia's mask is really striking. Hooray for Sith in soft colors. It would be nice to see a few more things Empire-side that weren't black, red, grey, or dark purple.

Magdalane
05.08.2013 , 08:23 AM | #3148
Fashion
Magdalane, no spoilers

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

irishfino
05.08.2013 , 11:02 AM | #3149
Prompt: Fashion, Lust
Characters: Geltie, the SI (though unnamed) and Rylee

Turn to the Left
Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
05.08.2013 , 11:48 AM | #3150
NotLP: Confessions, Lust
Characters: Geltie and Rylee

Looping Conversation

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!