Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

icecreampants
04.12.2013 , 11:44 PM | #3061
Been a minute since i posted here. Kinda had a creative drought followed by a streak of laziness. This features Hadock and takes place shortly after the loyalty and betrayal with Armond. This takes place roughly six months before the start of the bounty hunter story line.

Prompt: Life and Death

Featuring: Hadock.

Spoiler

Enjoy all! I'll have comments and other goodies in my next post!

Spoiler

kabeone
04.15.2013 , 03:21 AM | #3062
Oh, Well That's Awkward

This has been rattling around in my head as I try to finish writing something and end up starting new things and/or drawing instead. This takes place somewhat during the time covered by the piece, A Study in Imperial Colors (the series of which I am naming A Study in Sith thanks to Tatile).

Starring Talos and Quinn, with spoilers from SW Chapter 3.

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

Chronologicaled Indexification is now current.

Rambly fangirling below:

@bright_ephemera I love Vette, especially this Vette, she's got something more than the average Vette, I cheer for her. Mellekor is awful, and yet I get his logic in a disgusting doing what he can to protect someone he cares about kind of way. Maybe if he repeats to himself enough that he doesn't want Vette that way enough he'll believe it. (yeah sure) Also, one of those rare times where I felt sorry for Jaesa. She's so incredibly broken as a darkside Sith.

Dolarra and Colran letters are so very sweet. Mostly because they seem like old fashioned letters rather than emails that in modern times are more like conversations than messages meant to be read and perhaps unanswered for long stretches of time.

Lastly, <3 Vierce/Elara

@Ves I've never played a truly dark Jedi and most of the choices I made that were dark were to kill Sith not former Jedi Sith so if Kira was around I usually got approval for it. I do like this conversation, it nicely acknowledges that Kira wouldn't just blindly make kissy faces at her "tough guy" while he summarily executes everyone.

@YoshiRaphElan I like this introduction to the Dread Guard, aside from the Belsavis general quest line I'm not familiar with what happens with the Dread Masters (I know there's an Op but I haven't looked at the story behind it.) Taking from the SW story line there seem to be a number of Jedi and Sith cross infiltrating the other side, this story sounds interesting.

@icecreampants Neat, I wondered how Hadock got out of there alive.

@marissalf eee, Vector fluff! Loved it! And as a real life owner of a "what were you thinking" name I fully sympathise with Kinka.

Tatile
04.15.2013 , 03:44 AM | #3063
Oh Kabe, it's good to know that Talos has his priorities straight

bright_ephemera
04.15.2013 , 07:21 AM | #3064
Oh, Talos...the murder is terrifying, of course, yes, that's just dreadful, but what's worse is...well, think of the artifacts! I love it.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

YoshiRaphElan
04.15.2013 , 09:38 AM | #3065
The Story So Far
Contains class spoilers - all

Spoiler

Lesaberisa
04.15.2013 , 06:43 PM | #3066
Prompt: Membership
Title: Birth of a Bromance

Notes: (Trooper at the academy, where the fun in my previous post all began, no game spoilers.)

Spoiler

Euphrosyne
04.15.2013 , 10:53 PM | #3067
Prompt: Membership
Class Spoilers: Jedi Knight (minor)
Setting: Battle of Corellia (second phase)
Spoiler

Apologies to Guy LoFaro and Matthew Stover.
Spoiler
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

bright_ephemera
04.16.2013 , 01:09 PM | #3068
Euphrosyne, welcome to the thread! I like what you did with the Anaxsi as a cultural unit - it reminds me a little of Zouave units in the US Civil War, people with a tight and distinct subculture operating within the larger political unit's system.

Lesaberisa,
Quote:
"Uhhhh, hey Rissa," I responded. To enhance my charming response, I also started to shuffle my feet and began sweating profusely. Romance came naturally to me.
I sympathize so much it almost hurts.

Talos and Doctor Quinn will never not be wonderful. Ever.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

YoshiRaphElan
04.16.2013 , 04:37 PM | #3069
Prompt - Allies
Title - An Unexpected Hand
Class - Bounty Hunter
Possible Makeb spoilers

Spoiler

Magdalane
04.16.2013 , 04:59 PM | #3070
Prompt--Membership
Miriah and Corso (who else?), a bit of fluff (imagine that!)
Spoilers for seeker droid quests, Makeb

Spoiler

Yoshi, Bravo! loved the thought of Dha being bailed out by a pub!
Euphrosyne, loved the story. Welcome!
Lesaberisa, well done! I could picture the shuffling of feet and the awkwardness very clearly.
Kabe, that was truly awesome, and is telling that perspective is everything!
Bright, love all your work, but the Vierce/Elara is always my fav!
marrisalf, I have only known Vector through fan fic, but you nailed what I picture in my head.

Please know that if I missed anyone, I read your piece and since I've found nothing here that I didn't like, it was enjoyed!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.