Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kabeone
04.10.2013 , 12:20 AM | #3051
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
kabe, I suspect I'll have "...This is awkward" in Scourge's voice looping in my head for days.
There are worse things

Quote:
Wynston and Fixer Eighteen was an odd piece for me, but I think it did hit a few significant points.
I think I like Fixer Eighteen, but then I'm such a Pub at heart.

Also, for you and for anyone else who is writing about Pub-side politics, I was trying to figure out some hard information about how the Senate worked in the Old Republic time period, and I remembered a pair of conversations that played so often when I ran Coruscant that I think I suppressed the memory. Anyway the two conversations are here for anyone who wants a small reference to the way the senate "works."

Convo #1 Committees and fancy dinners: 2 Senator's Wives talking outside the senate building Coruscant
Spoiler

Convo #2 Majority (except they can't ever seem to get one): 2 Senators just inside the Senate building lobby
Spoiler

Not sure if that helps anyone with their political writing but after playing through a bunch of classes and planets these conversations had more meaning to me than when I first started playing and actually payed attention to what they said.

bright_ephemera
04.10.2013 , 03:55 PM | #3052
marissalf, your Vector melted me into a puddle. A puddle. <3

Now, Hide and Seek: The Weak Point for Sith Warrior Mellekor. Set in the middle of the Warrior's Corellia with some spoilers around there. 1000 words.

Canon note: Eleena Daru was a blue Twi'lek gunslinger who was freed by and stayed as the lover of Sith Warrior Darth Malgus. When Malgus realized just how vulnerable this easy target was making him, he killed her himself.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

irishfino
04.10.2013 , 05:26 PM | #3053
NotLP: Parenthood, Sacrifices
Character: Ucles, pre-Hunter days

Love

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
04.11.2013 , 09:13 PM | #3054
NotLP: Changes/New Paths, Mirror Mirror
Character: Ucles the Masked

Recognition
Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Vesaniae
04.11.2013 , 10:10 PM | #3055
NotLP - Deadly Sins, featuring Jedi Knight Rhysven D'Anshir and Kira Carsen. Contains spoilers for chapter three of the Knight storyline, and takes place just after the Corellia portion of said story.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
04.11.2013 , 10:20 PM | #3056
Remembering prompts this week!

Week of 4/12/2013
Membership - Our characters grow into and out of all kinds of clubs, orders, cults, fellowships, schools, social circles, and professional organizations. Write about your character's membership in - or exclusion from - some group.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
04.11.2013 , 10:55 PM | #3057
Please forgive my skipping post responses for a while. In the face of something of a personal-life explosion I am going to try an Affection piece for Colran and Dolarra Niral. It is set a little over a year before Ruth is born, so about ten years after Colran's Nar Shaddaa Jedi cafhouse. Dolarra Niral is an Imperial agent who spends much of her time traveling; she and the then-Dromund Kaas-based Colran maintained a regular text-based correspondence throughout their acquaintance.

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

YoshiRaphElan
04.12.2013 , 11:51 AM | #3058
Prompt - Membership
Title - The Dread Guard
Class - Jedi Consular
No spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
04.12.2013 , 07:34 PM | #3059
A Vierce Allies set after he finally makes up his mind about Elara: probably sometime during Voss, making this the latest Vierce entry to date. After they've gotten together, before they've had the chance to do anything so open as actually sharing a room for the night. 300 words.

(by the way kabeone made the bestest post-wedding pic ever for Vierce and Elara over here!)

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Vesaniae
04.12.2013 , 08:15 PM | #3060
After much struggling to find a prompt that would fit this piece, I'm just going to call it a NotLP - Enemies, Rivals and Nemeses and leave it at that. Featuring Iriath. Contains spoilers for the finale of IA ch 1 and the opening of IA ch 2--no, not that part. Before that part. That part comes later.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!