Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

icecreampants
04.01.2013 , 12:10 PM | #3011
That's my bad. I had forgot to save the edits I had done to the rough draft and posted said rough draft without even thinking about it.

I'll make sure to not repeat the mistake again and will be editing the post once I gett home.

icecreampants
04.01.2013 , 03:23 PM | #3012
Man I feel embarrassed now , but I did fix most of the issues I found.

Also thanks for the pdf Bright!

Selentar
04.01.2013 , 04:17 PM | #3013
Prompt: Hide and Seek aka of things hidden and sought
No spoilers

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
04.01.2013 , 04:33 PM | #3014
Bright - If there's one thing the Jedi definitely believe, it is that some knowledge should be shut away. Which, when you're an order that is supposed to idealize truth and harmony and justice is...um, yeah.

Yoshi - Lol, too funny. Gives new clarity to just how much of a ticking bomb the agent ship is (yes, yes, it was too good to resist).

fino - Andronikos handing out relationship advice, lol.

icecreampants - (Armond)

Tatile -
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I do not like this. Do not like it at all :/
Lol, well I did. Cue snickering

Yoshi - Dha's crew. I'm in shock. Skadge being...well...decent...o.o And it works! I may keel over. Also, baby cuteness

Marissalf -
Quote:
Kinka nearly jumped out of her skin. A cheerful-sounding Kaliyo had that effect, no matter what time of the day.
*dies of laughter*

bright - (Law and Governance) Slapping officious beaurocrats in the name of democracy? I approve

Selentar - I like the format of this story, and it makes for quite a backstory.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

marissalf
04.01.2013 , 06:10 PM | #3015
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Marisssalf - Ensign Sunshine? I'm guessing Kaliyo missed that part of Temple's personal storyline where she *spoilers* and you find out *spoiler* and she's utterly fine with it all.
Oh yeah, Kaliyo’s totally unaware of all that. I feel like she probably wrote Temple off almost as soon as she met her (pegging her as just a perky Imp loyalist), and it’s not likely to come up through the course of any “girl talk” those two might accidentally stumble into.
Now that I think of it, Kaliyo engaging in any kind of girl talk would probably be both terrifying and hilarious.

kabeone
04.02.2013 , 01:59 AM | #3016
@icecreampants A belated welcome to the thread and an interesting start to Hadock and Armond. One thing I'm curious about, Armond seemed kind of unreasonable at first throwing the barkeep out of his own bar, did he do that just as a distraction so he could get his brother alone? Also, that last one for Loyalty and Betrayal was pretty cold.

@bright I know I already commented, but I read through the entirely-unromantic-Vierce/Elara-stay-alive-snuggles and loved it more the second time through.

Quote:
Jorgan. That was your great plan? Get the Imps to kill me so you could take over? Pure spite would keep me alive.
I love Vierce so much.

Quote:
I felt a twinge at having worried her, but...of course the response would be paperwork.
I love Elara so much.

And slapping Kalor should have been a thing. I'd make an animated gif of it... just saying.

OooooOOoo Colran's got a girlfriend. BAD JEDI BAD.

@MrTwo Oh my, I do think Rizz is going to be in a bit of trouble

@Irrissa I wasn't sure what would happen with Lokin and Vector. I'm a fan of the fem!IA's voice I wonder what she sounds like singing.

@YoshiRaphElan I have difficulties with companions whom I would never have kept around in the first place, but I could definitely warm up to your Skadge. Amazing.

@Tatile muahahahahaha. Yeeeeeeessssssss.
Quote:
Jaci guessed her smile to be somewhere between 'free ice-cream' and 'revenge against a disappointing ex'.
Love this.

@marissalf I do have a weak spot for Kaliyo. I can imagine Vector's calm is quite infuriating for someone like her.

@Selentar Love the backstory.

Chronological Index is up to date, as always if I mess up send me a PM.

YoshiRaphElan
04.02.2013 , 09:05 AM | #3017
Prompt - Memories
Title - Why He Joined - Part 1
Trooper, BH - no spoilers

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
04.02.2013 , 06:13 PM | #3018
@icecreampants No worries. And you're welcome; I try to keep a few links available for several aspects of writing, including nitty-gritty formatting.

@Selentar I did not see this coming! Your mystery Jedi is a right bastard. "But if she does survive, she will be my revenge.”...consider me hooked.

@Yoshi There's a lot of origin going on in such a short story. It's not only Prudii's.

A pair, Health and Confessions, for Vierce post-Act 2 finale. The last of my more or less planned plot so far. No Trooper spoilers except in the name of an Act 2 objective.

Spoiler

Then, Confessions. 200 words.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

YoshiRaphElan
04.02.2013 , 07:27 PM | #3019
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
@Yoshi There's a lot of origin going on in such a short story. It's not only Prudii's.
Yes, yes there is! As to your fics, I am loving Vierce's story. The way he slowly comes into the relationship with Dorne is as good as the way the game handles it, maybe better. One thing I dislike about the game is that if you brush off the first flirt, you're pretty much stuck not romancing them most of the time. It'd be nice to have the option to accept them as a romance later on (I may be wrong, but Kaliyo is like this, maybe? I don't care, I have no interest in romancing that...ahem...woman. Now then...

Prompt - Memories
Title - Why He Joined, Part 2
Trooper, BH - spoilers for LS BH endgame

Spoiler

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
04.02.2013 , 07:49 PM | #3020
Eee, more Trooper fic!

Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Yes, yes there is! As to your fics, I am loving Vierce's story. The way he slowly comes into the relationship with Dorne is as good as the way the game handles it, maybe better. One thing I dislike about the game is that if you brush off the first flirt, you're pretty much stuck not romancing them most of the time. It'd be nice to have the option to accept them as a romance later on[.]
I was surprised to find that the game let me start [Flirt]ing with Dorne in Act 2. My game's emotional arc went much closer to the fic than it probably should have...I was freshly angry at Imperial officers when I met her, I was an absolute bastard, muttered impolite things when [Flirt]s became available, called her untrustworthy to her face, and was an all-around jerk. It was later when I had time to cooldown that I realized she's actually awesome, and I was worried I'd ruined it, but no, there was one last chance to start when Act 2 opened.

My fic smoothed the process out a bit...game-Vierce was "hate hate hate hate hate Hey baby, I like you" and Dorne is all "yes, this seems reasonable." Fic-Vierce, by contrast, had at least thirty seconds' transition time.

HK-51 was shut down in the cargo hold. There was no reason for him to hear this.
Quite fitting. He wouldn't do anything good with such a personal story.

"But the Empire was lying about them being rogues," Jorgan said. It wasn't a question.

Prudii nodded. "Yes. They were. Actually, it was a training mission, a kriffing training mission, meant to improve the soldiers under the command of a certain Dark Lord."
100% believable, damnably enough.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.