Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

irishfino
03.28.2013 , 07:14 PM | #2991
Replies:

Spoiler

And, now, the story:

NotLP: Affection
Characters: Aldria and Talos

Circle Her Three Times To Protect Her
Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

bright_ephemera
03.29.2013 , 08:10 AM | #2992
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrtwo View Post
@Bright, I honestly thought Elara was going to die and all the tension and build-up would be for nothing, guess I read too much George R.R. Martin. I'm glad they finally resolved their frustrating emotional conflict. I enjoyed your Quinn-Doc piece as well, two of my favorite SWTOR original characters and you got their voices down to an art.
Thanks on both counts! I'd been struggling to figure out how Vierce would come to like Elara as much as I do for, well, months. As for Doc and Quinn, I feel there's so much untapped potential in the fact that they were both active on Balmorra at the same time...I like to imagine they clash horribly any time they end up in the same room.

Don't worry about writing a story then picking a prompt; I think a ton of us do that. Anything that gets us more stories.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mrtwo View Post
Spoiler
Comedy. I love it.

@icecreampants, I was ready to cringe and be miserable at the blackout condition, but I'm glad it ended up working for both of them.

@Ves, ugh, Imperial role selection: It's always done by other people, and cold people at that.

@irishfino, I was so intrigued when I first encountered the story of the bronze guardian Talos. I like what you do with it here.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
03.29.2013 , 08:13 AM | #2993
So, Vierce. I'm going to skip the actual events of the Act 2 finale, because I'm lazy like that. Immediately after the Law and Governance entry, as in "holocall interrupts their makeout" immediately, Vierce and Elara get the call to move. Havoc Squad does its Havoc Squad thing, and, naturally, they triumph. Vierce picks up a few weeks later with this Health entry. I'm not sure any of the actual text spoils Trooper quests. 700 words.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Tatile
03.29.2013 , 09:35 AM | #2994
Vesaniae - oh that was sad Imperial social dynamics are a PLUNGER*, aren't they?

Irish - What is Aldria's game between those two? Is she trying to get Talos to make the first move? Also, Talos is as adorable as ever and that gift would so be something he would do <3

Bright - Vierce being angry at kolto? Strangely appropriate As is Dorne's reaction; I should imagine that might be a learned response from being in the Imperial Military.

*I was going to say something else, but it's apparently a bad word. The stars system just annoys me though.

irishfino
03.29.2013 , 10:33 AM | #2995
Replies!
Spoiler

Story!

Prompt: NotLP: Celebrations
Characters: Aldria and Talos

Entomb These Moments
Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Irrissa
03.29.2013 , 12:38 PM | #2996
Prompt: Song/Disguises

Featuring - Irrissa, IA with Vector and Lokin

No spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler
*Rissa (60 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (60 Sage)* Aubrei (60 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

iamthehoyden
03.29.2013 , 04:02 PM | #2997
bright - Quinn and Doc in the Nalenne!verse will never not be funny

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
As for professionalism, there were no hands. When Nic says it she's lying through her teeth, or else just too blacked-out to remember; when Vierce says there were no hands, there really were none. <3
That's because Vierce is a damn good guy and wonderful and amazing and...ok, I'll stop crushing on your OC now

Mrtwo - (Discovery) Kouhun and Rizz are such a mix-match, it's awesome

icecreampants - (Morning After) Oh, the awkward! Lol, too funny!

Ves - (New Paths) Poor Tess, the typical Imperial and the Sith are soooo different in how they move through life. Explains why she has a soft spot for Imperial military too

fino - (Affection) Talos's gift was...crap I need a thesaurus cause I keep using cute and adorable when writing responses to these Aldria/Talos stories. Aldria doing some relatively benevolent scheming - nice

bright - (Health) I love Vierce and Jorgan's interactions. They're such...guys. Lol!

fino - (Celebrations) Goodness, that's quite an unexpected reaction there. Poor Talos

Rissa - (Song/Disguises) I loved this The atmosphere and Vector's reaction and everything!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
03.29.2013 , 05:08 PM | #2998
@fino D:

@Irrissa I have a devastating weakness for lounge singers. <3

Now, before the prompt changes I have one more Myths and Legends, this one for Colran Niral, Ruth's father. About 700 words, no game spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads

bright_ephemera
03.29.2013 , 05:11 PM | #2999
Week of 3/29/2013
Hide and Seek - Sometimes our characters need to find something they just don't have. Sometimes they need to keep something hidden from somebody else. Write about a time your character was hiding, seeking, hidden, or sought.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
Bright's Fanfic Threads

YoshiRaphElan
03.29.2013 , 08:18 PM | #3000
Hide and Seek - Imperial Agent endgame spoilers

Spoiler