Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mrtwo
03.26.2013 , 08:35 PM | #2971
Replies! Sorry I didn't go that far back. I read as much as I can but can only reply to about half of those due to time constraints. I love all of them!

Spoiler
Don't judge a book by its cover.

marissalf
03.26.2013 , 09:05 PM | #2972
Just discovered this thread a couple weeks ago. After a lot of reading (wow, so much good stuff!) I finally decided to take the leap and post.
Prompt: Night of the Living Prompt (Worst Day Ever), about 1200 words
Featuring my IA Kinka and Vector
Some mild Act 3 spoilers.

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
03.26.2013 , 09:54 PM | #2973
Mrtwo, your transitions from dream to reality are brutally sharp, as they should be. I like the detail you put into these recollections - they're clearly significant to the dreamer.

marissalf, welcome to the thread! I love this story, both the emotion throughout and the way you weave in actual lines from the Agent line. I enjoyed it start to finish.

Tatile, where some would plunge into crowds to disappear, Jaci goes off alone...there's a whole lot of empty space out there. It must be daunting to face it without a crew, without even bringing your own company.

Hoyden, Lonny, that poor child...she's going to have the most messed-up ideas of how the world works.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
03.26.2013 , 11:00 PM | #2974
@Caernos thanks for commenting. If you ever get an inkling, please join us.

@YoshiRalphElan Belated welcome! Glad you posted here. I love your take on Akaavi, she would understand the need for a young Mandalorian to have proper beskar.

@bright While I doubt Vierce would have been removed from command or even really brought up for a hearing (considering all the other things you can do as Trooper that yield no such result) I think Garza would have been really mad if Elara's log of Vierce bullying had messed up the team she'd forced together. Garza mad is pretty scary all by itself.

(Myths, Legends, and Heroes) I want this story of "how curiosity about the leth'danaan in the snows got the Tall Man killed"

Awkward Vierce always makes me smile and I'm glad you got to use the line
Quote:
"I'm not avoiding you, Dorne. I'm right here, aren't I?"

"Under duress, sir."
<3 that little exchange

@elliotcat Welcome back! Love the backstory.

@Tatile Rochester and Broan <3 so sweet. I love the conflict Broan feels as he tries to reconcile his life with his position. Also, Imperial uniforms as fetish gear? Tell me more of this

@irishfino Talos is always adorable. Always.

@iamthehoyden Crae is still so very scary... and delicious. Daddy Crae is actually kind of terrifying because I know there's nothing he wouldn't do. Also, welcome back!

@Mrtwo Very nice, I was jarred out of Kouhun's dream, very effective. I love Rizz and Kouhun together, so different but both with good hearts, and still likely to get on each other's nerves.

@marissalf Welcome, and a very lovely first post for a very difficult bit of the Agent line. You will find many fellow Vector fans here.

Indexes are up to date, as always let me know if I messed up.

irishfino
03.27.2013 , 12:44 AM | #2975
Replies:
Spoiler

Now for the story...

NotLP: Your Song
Characters: Aldria and Talos

Light as Air
Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

icecreampants
03.27.2013 , 12:58 AM | #2976
Well after reading through the most of the prompts and having been on a rather incredible creative streak this week, I have decided to post for my first time in this thread!

Prompt: Family

It's a bit long as well. Got kinda carried away.

No spoilers.

Characters: Hadock (BH) Armond (Trooper)

Spoiler

I eagerly await any and all comments and critiques!

Note:

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
03.27.2013 , 06:48 AM | #2977
Fino, I think you have Talos's voice nailed. And it's adorable.

Quote: Originally Posted by icecreampants View Post
"Miss me my favorite brother?! Armond said trying to lighten his brothers mood he knew that there was a intense amount of hostility and rage dwelling just beneath the surface of Hadocks cool and collected facade.

"With every shot so far brother." Hadock hissed.
Ah, brotherly love. Welcome to the thread, icecreampants! These guys clearly share a history. Very uncomfortably.

Now, here's a story placed immediately after the Vierce's previous Communication Breakdown; this installment doesn't have game spoilers, the actual mission setting is made up. A beefy 3400 words...I couldn't find a good place to split it.
Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Tatile
03.27.2013 , 06:54 AM | #2978
Hoyden - I still find it really weird the Crae and Skari ended up together, maybe I should have read your other thread XD Still, adorable in that sort-of hide-in-the-woods-the-world-is-dangerous way. Little Lonny's going to grow up into the best killer this galaxy has (n)ever seen.

Bright - Vierce being infinitely uncomfortable around Dorne for a multitude of reasons and yet still trying to be polite and nice to her is adorable. He's such a nice guy (and I mean that, he's lovely.)

Irish - it does not matter how big and scary your Sith are, they love their Imperials <3 And I totally agree the Talos should have been a romance option (for both genders), I want a tea party on the Fury! - And now dancing? Oh Talos, you are too adorable for words.

MrTwo - How dreadful to wake up from such a wonderful dream to... that. Poor guy

Marissalf - Welcome to the thread! The introduction of your Agent is fantastic - I very rarely read about that incident on Corellia, whether it be about the before or afters. I have to agree with Bright, the emotions in the piece came over very clearly, particularly the fear of failure.

Now I go back to reading before more commenting. Of course Bright had to post while I was making this reply P:

bright_ephemera
03.27.2013 , 09:12 AM | #2979
Haha, I wreck all posting and indexing with my ninja posts!

I'm going to say this borders on Law and Governance for Vierce. 1000 words. No game spoilers.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Lesaberisa
03.27.2013 , 12:09 PM | #2980
As another lurker who regularly reads these stories (especially when bored/having a bad day at work!), just wanted to also add that I love seeing people's takes on various characters. I've been working on some stuff for my inqusitor but unfortunately don't have the time (or writing chops ) to have done much with it so far.

That said, I must admit that I have a particular soft spot for Vierce/Elara since Elara's my favorite companion in the game (and one of my favorite Bioware characters ever) and they make a super cute couple and having them finally together gives me warm fuzzy feelings