Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Selentar
03.21.2013 , 08:34 PM | #2951
Prompt: NotLP - Enemies, Rivals, and Nemeses

Feat Xania and Lilith with Talos, Lokin and Kaliyo. Also mentioning my (baby) Chiss operative

It's a bit long

Note
Spoiler

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
03.22.2013 , 10:25 PM | #2952
Um, my brain is not being helpful at all after a long work week, so if anyone wants to jump in with a prompt feel free.

Otherwise, Yoshi, nice to see you in this neck of the woods! Your first paragraph about the...aesthetic...of Hutta is spot on. Also Dha sounds like a great dad.

Selentar, the way Sith keep screwing up Intelligence stuff and Intelligence keeps poking unwanted into Sith stuff...shenanigans like this are why the Empire hasn't conquered the galaxy yet.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
03.22.2013 , 11:10 PM | #2953
5TR-IG3S Official Substitute PromptEr, at your service!

Week of 3/22 to 3/29: Myths, Legends, and Heroes.

Everyone grows up with stories. Stories of fantastic people doing amazing things and having wondrous adventures. Our characters are well on their way to becoming heroes to the following generation. So who did your character look at as a role model? Whose footsteps did they want to follow? Whose stories did they read? Whose adventures did they follow on cheesy serialized animated holoprograms? Why are they so special to your character?

Alternately (since we already had a heroes prompt): Oh, Well That’s Awkward.

The class stories are full of interesting coincidences, especially when you take all the companion stories into account. Legacies, as part of the game structure, encourage even more strange situations and relations. So, what’s something about your characters’ legacy or story that makes family get-togethers interesting. Or impossible. Or just really unlikely.

Or look for something more interesting in the always-available, ever-growing Prompt Archive.

irishfino
03.23.2013 , 12:35 AM | #2954
Prompt: Myths and Legends
Universe: Ald, the Silly Sith Warrior
Characters: Ald and Malavai Quinn

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

YoshiRaphElan
03.23.2013 , 10:38 AM | #2955
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Otherwise, Yoshi, nice to see you in this neck of the woods! Your first paragraph about the...aesthetic...of Hutta is spot on. Also Dha sounds like a great dad.
Thanks! I always wondered why no one ever mentioned Hutta's revolting environment (except that one heroic with the old man). As to Dha, lore states that Mandalorians are big on family, and with Dha's parents being killed when he was young, he would be all the more intent on being a good father to his child while he can.

bright_ephemera
03.23.2013 , 08:36 PM | #2956
Myths, Legends, and Heroes for Wynston, with Vector. (Someday I really need to get Wynston, Kaliyo, and Vector all in the same scene.) No game spoilers, 600 words.
Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

elliotcat
03.24.2013 , 01:09 AM | #2957
Remember me, the legendary ~thread starter~?!

This is for the old prompt Alternate Perspectives and features 0 player characters, 0 spoilers, and 2 NPCs which you can probably guess if you have read anything else I've ever written or talked to me in game. Here is some writing.

Spoiler

notes
Spoiler

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

MilaniGrey
03.24.2013 , 07:27 AM | #2958
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Remember me, the legendary ~thread starter~?!

This is for the old prompt Alternate Perspectives and features 0 player characters, 0 spoilers, and 2 NPCs which you can probably guess if you have read anything else I've ever written or talked to me in game. Here is some writing.

Spoiler

notes
Spoiler
! You're back! <3 it when people give relatively backgroundless NPCs awesome backgrounds. I loved it!
The Islingr Legacy
The Ebon Hawk Server

bright_ephemera
03.24.2013 , 09:25 AM | #2959
Point the first: Elliot, squeeeeeee it's good to hear from you again!
Point the second: Elliot, squeeeeeeee this is beautiful ! Love the story, love the prose. You make the immediacy of the first-person perspective count.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Tatile
03.24.2013 , 05:22 PM | #2960
Yay, ElliotCat is back! And with background exposition! So awesomes!

Affection
Broan and Rochester

Spoiler

asdfghjkl;
Yes.

I might start writing about Stion'n/Zdinne and Jaci (my Smug, Zdinne's sister) in the future, only because I want sassy Smug around a Sith.

"Hey! Hey, you think I'm stupid? I'm not smuggling weapons in a warzone. This is a freighter load of chocolate and brandy. Life's necessities."