Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Striges
03.05.2013 , 09:07 AM | #2851
Prompt:The Morning After

Character: Sha’ra’zaed (IA)

Title: Misgivings

This would take place shortly before Voss. Minor agent story spoilers, mentioned casually in passing.

Spoiler

Mirror, Mirror

Into drabble territory with Vector. Same scene, no spoilers.

Spoiler

kabeone
03.05.2013 , 04:05 PM | #2852
@Striges eeeee I love it. Particularly the phrase 'shards of ambiguity' it's very agent-y. In game, Vector really does seem to see past a lot of the Agent's BS, though I never played full dark side so I'm not sure how well his intuition holds up if you choose to truly be awful.

Here's some fluff
Prompt: Morning After
Remi and Scourge, takes place after chapter 3 during the longer Remi the Grey story.
JK end game spoiler reference.
Spoiler

Edit adding more comments I forgot:
@iamthehoyden I don't think I need to reiterate my love for Ajacksa but I really like her. I love the idea that her acting classes are part of what she's using to bluff her way around Hutta (and it's probably not working at all)

@bright Oh Kirsk, you silly scoundrel. I love the idea that Kirsk is also a minor in this and that Vierce would be quick enough to posit that their brilliant daughter is the one who took advantage of poor simple-minded Kirsk. Hilarious.

iamthehoyden
03.05.2013 , 04:52 PM | #2853
Comments incoming as soon as I grab a couple extra minutes here.

NotLP: First Impressions
Fish Out of Water
bh - Ajacksa (cause brain won't shut off now)
spoilers for BH first scene
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
03.05.2013 , 05:19 PM | #2854
@kabe, eeeeeeeeeeeeeee, that is all

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
She kept her face blank. Best line of defense when you have no idea what a person is talking about.
I love this. And I like her voice so far!

More straight-up The Morning After, apparently showing up in bits and pieces across my universes. Wynston and Ruth's first time together, Wynston's POV (200 words, no spoilers):
Spoiler

And Ruth's (300 words, no spoilers):
Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
03.05.2013 , 05:44 PM | #2855
Striges - I love your piece on masks. So agent, so very very agent <3 And then the drabble from Vector's POV - arglwghfa...*falls in love with him all over again*

Kabe - *dies* I cannot express how much I love this piece. Cannot. *dies*

Bright - It speaks volumes that these two are both so cautious even regarding an overwhelmingly positive experience.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Tatile
03.05.2013 , 06:22 PM | #2856
Mirror, Mirror
Rochester
Trigger Warning: Self Harm and general bad situation (and writing! Is bad writing a trigger for anyone?)
Taking place before this.

Spoiler

Selentar
03.05.2013 , 06:30 PM | #2857
Prompt: Morning After
Featuring Lilith, Kaliyo
No spoilers

Spoiler

Mrtwo
03.05.2013 , 06:47 PM | #2858
Tatile: Creepy and cryptic, I like it.

Selentar: I'm a pretty big fan of story mixing and enjoy how you did it, with them looking back at it and recalling it so we can get their interpretations of Quinn and the others.

NotLP: Changes/New Paths
Thanks for the feedback and responses on my first posts! Takes me forever to do about a thousand words because I get the plot and story out before focusing on sentence variety and the other details; I usually have to go over it a few times.
I couldn’t find much about mathematics on the Internet concerning Star Wars, so with my stories I’m just going to assume it is like Earth math. They do say it’s the universal language, right? There is slightly disturbing content concerning amputation that is referenced in this one, but I’m a normal human being and am grossed out fairly easily so there is no gore. Takes place sometime after the first one. 1,162 words. As always, constructive criticism is appreciated and welcomed.

Spoiler

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
03.05.2013 , 07:33 PM | #2859
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrtwo View Post
Spoiler
This is my new favorite expression. Also, unlimited Sullustan love! I cheered toward the end there

Striges, I missed responding to your Sha'ra'zaed. The doors, leaving them open and usable, not investing them with the souls of individuals, are just a perfect thought. And Vector's widened perceptions let him do the best things. I love seeing what people do with those possibilities.

Ah, Lilith, bonding over mocking Quinn. It's...it's really kind of a galactic pastime.

Okay, every first-time-pairing for every character I've ever written could get really, really long. But the first line of Ruth's reminded me of a Wynston/Kaliyo Morning After from Wynston's point of view (Kaliyo's is here). Totally necessary. No game spoilers. 600 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

irishfino
03.05.2013 , 07:39 PM | #2860
Rochester ;__;

Stars, Tatile, you set that up perfectly. I want to cuddle Rochester or throw a Broan doll at him or give him tea or something.

;___; Rochesterrrrrrr.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!