Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

irishfino
03.03.2013 , 12:22 AM | #2831
Prompt: The Morning After
Character: Ald and Vette
Uni: Ald the Silly Sith Warrior

There’s Got To Be a Morning After

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Tatile
03.03.2013 , 06:06 AM | #2832
Ald just looks numb, which is a fully legitimate reaction under the circumstances.

And this is a manipulative side of Vette I've not seen before - she's straight forward in her manipulations, yes, but it just seems a little odd. Been hanging around too many Sith maybe?

Magdalane
03.03.2013 , 11:53 AM | #2833
Reflections

This fic is the direct aftermath of this http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=475
(and I apologize for not using the shortcut, for some reason it's not working for me today)

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

irishfino
03.03.2013 , 04:31 PM | #2834
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Ald just looks numb, which is a fully legitimate reaction under the circumstances.

And this is a manipulative side of Vette I've not seen before - she's straight forward in her manipulations, yes, but it just seems a little odd. Been hanging around too many Sith maybe?
I'm going to go with Vette is finally revealing the depth of her obsession with Ald. Now that she finally has him, she's not letting go. She is, essentially, the psycho girlfriend/wife who tries to put a stranglehold on their partner to keep them nearby and away for any potential relationship threats.

Otherwise, I have no idea. o__o
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

kabeone
03.03.2013 , 06:10 PM | #2835
Index should be up to date as always PM corrections.

@Selentar - I'm not sure how I'd feel about the whole "big reveal about a person's parentage then disappear to let them wallow in it their newly found knowledge" thing. Is that a Star Wars thing?

@Magdalane - your reflections story made it hit home how bad that debacle could have turned out. Miriah would have had to do way more than dirty kick that guy with the bad intel.

@bright - the Enemies prompt is so Garza. Continue operating do whatever it takes. Is very much her. That line Vierce gives chatty idiot in the bar scene is super awesome and the little bit after where he actually tells Dorne a bit about himself <3.

@Striges - Jurial philosophy is always a treat. I love the way he asks the questions that bother us throughout the game. Early on you're told the Jedi were created to serve the Republic, the Republic is run by the Senate, Senators can often be corrupt and don't care about the code. How is this not a contradiction or at least a major conflict?

@meanken belated welcome!

@Mrtwo - another belated welcome and a nice description of your character's backstory. A Rattataki math teacher winning a pit fight against a Houk makes a really great brawn vs brain mental image.

Selentar
03.03.2013 , 08:54 PM | #2836
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@Selentar - I'm not sure how I'd feel about the whole "big reveal about a person's parentage then disappear to let them wallow in it their newly found knowledge" thing. Is that a Star Wars thing?
Yes, I found it lame myself and I did not enjoy it but that's legacy for you I wasn't sure about posting that story. I did since I wrote it some time ago and did not want it to simply gather dust on my hard drive.

And another:
Prompt: NotLP - Teachers
Feat Xania and Ashara
No spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
03.03.2013 , 09:25 PM | #2837
@Selentar Eee, I would love to drag Ashara through that thought exercise. Um, or have any conversation that makes sense with her. I like how this one came together. Xania clearly had recollections of her own during this.

@Magdalane, you always have the best sweet last lines. Always.

@irishfino I am scared of angry!Vette. Ald, I want to beat you senseless.

@Mrtwo wrenching background to be recalling...and wrenching that he doesn't want to forget.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
03.03.2013 , 09:27 PM | #2838
The Morning After, taking the most direct interpretation with Nic and Corso. 500 words, no game spoilers.
Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Fiamma_Verde
03.04.2013 , 01:39 AM | #2839
Thank you Selentar. That was fantastic. I could really hear Ashara's voice while reading that piece! I want to know more about your inquisitor now!

iamthehoyden
03.04.2013 , 11:38 AM | #2840
I'll catch up with my reading later today, but I wanted to get this posted New character: Ajacksa. Bounty hunter (cause apparently my writing brain likes them). Different universe from the rest of my characters. I'll fill in her backstory as we go, so her story may come out non-linear, but this scene kind of popped fully formed into my head.

NotLP: New Paths
It Came With the House
Ajacksa
very minor spoilers for bh DK (seriously not even sure if they merit a spoiler alert)
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box