Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mrtwo
02.27.2013 , 08:48 PM | #2811
Prompt: Enemies, Rivals, and Nemeses
First fic I've ever wrote for, well, anything, so constructive critisism would be welcomed appreciated! I like getting introspective with my characters so not a lot of dialogue in this one. Slight allusions to child abuse, nothing that serious. Pre-chapter 1 BH. Some advice on formatting would also be nice, it's one of my fatal flaws. 586 words.

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
02.27.2013 , 08:54 PM | #2812
Mrtwo, welcome to the thread!

First of all, for formatting, the way we conserve space on the thread is with the spoiler tags, [.spoiler] at the beginning and [./spoiler] at the end of the story text. Remove the periods from those tags to apply them. You can also apply spoiler tags by selecting the text and pressing the pale grey cloud/cog button at the far right of the lower row of formatting icons.

You really got the dirt of Nar Shaddaa (two d's), both material and social. I like it.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Mrtwo
02.27.2013 , 08:56 PM | #2813
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Mrtwo, welcome to the thread!

First of all, for formatting, the way we conserve space on the thread is with the spoiler tags, [.spoiler] at the beginning and [./spoiler] at the end of the story text. Remove the periods from those tags to apply them. You can also apply spoiler tags by selecting the text and pressing the pale grey cloud/cog button at the far right of the lower row of formatting icons.

You really got the dirt of Nar Shaddaa (two d's), both material and social. I like it.
Fixed it.
Thanks for the name correction, was going to check that on Wookieepedia but forgot before posting it.
I love how every planet in Star Wars has a different feel and tone much like different countries do here on our planet and am glad I can succesfully capture that in writing.
Don't judge a book by its cover.

Magdalane
02.27.2013 , 09:03 PM | #2814
Love Vierce, in spades (hides from the glare)
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Striges
02.27.2013 , 10:46 PM | #2815
First off, welcome to the thread, Mrtwo! I look forward to hearing how a former math teacher approaches the Great Hunt. Interesting idea.

@ Magdlane: Corso tries so hard. Risha, you’re only sort of helping. You’re right, some enemies can’t be left behind.

@ Tatile: Broan’s memory of the first time he saw the sun and his interpretation of it was brilliant. That it might be a threat at first, then becoming a special memory. Absolutely brilliant.

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Spoiler
Elara standing up for what’s right, so very in her character. Vierce wasn’t the only one to have to confront prejudices. Elara’s showing him that, and also showing him that he can get through it. She did.

@ Vesaniae: Nothing wrong with a happy Sith. It’s kind of cute, actually.

Last but certainly not least:

@ CourtneyWoods: I’m with both Hoyden and Bright. Here I was thinking no one visits the fanfic forum except us. It’s gratifying (and more than a little terrifying ) to know that an actual Bioware representative reads this thread. Voluntarily. And enjoys it. Thank you very much.

Striges
02.27.2013 , 11:48 PM | #2816
Prompt: Enemies

Character: Jurial (JC)

Double-posting with more Jurial Philosophy. This is one essay he will probably keep in a datapad for a while. No class spoilers. Technically a sort-of spoiler for Esseles flashpoint, and one for a general Coruscant quest.

Spoiler

Tatile
02.28.2013 , 07:27 AM | #2817
Striges - Jurial is amazing. His impartial and disinterested approach to the Jedi order, its philosophies and doctrine, is compelling and fascinating. I'd love to see more from him - he's just so interesting!

MrTwo - Welcome to the thread It's been a while since we've had a Rattataki as the main lead. It will be very interesting to see where life takes him and how, or if, his previous life as a maths teacher will have any affect.

Bright - do it. I could imagine poor Vierce having a weird nightmare where he gets indoctrinated into the Imperial Military and Dorne is there as an Intelligence liason and Aric is a food slave and... I dunno. Weirdness.

bright_ephemera
02.28.2013 , 08:33 AM | #2818
I love Jurial's inquiries into everything. Always.

Now some lighter Vierce fare for I Love This Bar. Spoiler for the end of Trooper Act 1 and vague spoilers for Trooper Balmorra. 1000 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
02.28.2013 , 07:08 PM | #2819
Still love Vierce. His defense of Elara was awesome. And almost wishing we got to hear some of the "Watcher Two levels of disdain" for the annoying guy at the bar. Because I can imagine it as well, and it would be hilarious. Though Vierce's intervention wouldn't be nearly so fun then.

@ CourtneyWoods (again): A Belated Thank You for removing the thread cap, or at least extending it to an insane post or page count. I like having the whole discussion and all the stories together in one thread, rather than having to continue it in sequel threads. If it wasn't you, please pass the thanks along to whatever kind moderator was responsible. I appreciate it, and I know others here do too.

Irrissa
02.28.2013 , 11:22 PM | #2820
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to pop in here and say that I love this thread. I often visit and read your work. We really appreciate the support you give and the contribution you make to the community.

I ask you, as a fan fiction author myself, to please keep it going!
Thank you for your support Courtney. Means a lot to all of us that write,read or generally lurk here.

(Note to self, must find time to write more)
*Rissa (60 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (60 Sage)* Aubrei (60 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)