Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

meanken
02.23.2013 , 02:14 PM | #2781
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Meanken, that needs a violence and trigger warning.
no idea what a trigger warrning is, but you are probably right in that a violence warrning is needed, lapse in judement on my part, sorry will edit it in a minute

Tatile
02.23.2013 , 02:21 PM | #2782
Quote: Originally Posted by meanken View Post
no idea what a trigger warrning is, but you are probably right in that a violence warrning is needed, lapse in judement on my part, sorry will edit it in a minute
Trigger warnings are basically things like {TW: Abuse} - they're there for people who might have had prior experience or are sensitive to these topics, so that they are not surprised by the content or so that they can avoid completely. If someone's aware that something that could trigger a panic attack of negative emotional/mental state is present, they can then mentally prepare themselves adequately if they then chose to continue reading.

Authors should provide trigger warnings out of respect for their audiences.

meanken
02.23.2013 , 02:54 PM | #2783
ok, sorry to anyone who was angered/offended by that issue. I have disided that I will NOT be doing something like that again (considered deleating it, but it's already up with the proper warrnings now) sorry again, it was not my intent to offend

Tatile
02.23.2013 , 03:08 PM | #2784
Quote: Originally Posted by meanken View Post
ok, sorry to anyone who was angered/offended by that issue. I have disided that I will NOT be doing something like that again (considered deleating it, but it's already up with the proper warrnings now) sorry again, it was not my intent to offend
It's all about learning. You can do violence that is visceral and realistic without being grotesque. By describing the crunch, the pain and the reactions, you can achieve a reaction from the audience without having to reach for something that is, essentially, *word beginning with P*

EverSteam
02.23.2013 , 08:16 PM | #2785
Prompt: Enemies, Rivals, and Nemeses
Class: Bounty Hunter (no surprise )
Words: 900-ish
Spoilers: non at all. Set pre-game by eight years there abouts. In Leer's timeline, it's after she's become a cyborg but she's still in training and hasn't yet met Damin (my IA). Not sure how great it is, in a bit of a writing slump.
Warning: mild torture but nothing that big or explicit.
Spoiler

Selentar
02.23.2013 , 11:48 PM | #2786
Prompt: NotLP - Family
Feat. Xania and Xareen'alay
No spoilers.

Note:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Tatile
02.24.2013 , 09:30 AM | #2787
Everstream - gosh that's a bit unnerving. I hope she gets the revenge she so richly deserves.

Selentar - Everything about Jedi just kind of... sucks even when they're trying to be nice, even in Xareen'alay's case of trying to communicate with her long-lost daughter, there's something that's just so pretentious and snobby about them.

Both very good shorts :3

Striges
02.25.2013 , 12:59 AM | #2788
Prompt: Enemies, Rivals, and Nemeses

Character: Rixik (BH)

Title: A Fitting End

No, not Rixik’s end, not yet. That one’s still in the works. Spoilers for climax of Bounty Hunter Chapter One. I don’t often do scenes directly from the class quests, but this one is.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
02.25.2013 , 08:57 PM | #2789
EverSteam - Perfect for that prompt. Leer's ultimate enemy.
spoiler for EverSteam's story:
Spoiler

Selentar - I liked this a lot. The showdown in the ice cave was very picturesque.

Striges - I loved this. And Rixik tweaking Blood there at the end "I just did..."

Thank you all for the reading material! I'm working on some original pieces at the moment, so my fan fic is temporarily getting set to the side. I'm sure I'll be back to it, sooner or later
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Magdalane
02.25.2013 , 09:22 PM | #2790
Enemies aren't always tangible things, and sometimes the enemy is ourselves.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.