Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MilaniGrey
02.14.2013 , 10:56 PM | #2751
Quote:
Darth Nox spends the evening at her favorite bar, casting a predatory gaze over the male clientele. She’s been feeling strangely wistful, haunted by dreams that she can barely remember. She spies a young man with pale blue eyes and bleached white hair, and even though she normally abhors that particular fashion trend she decides that she must have him, now. He eagerly succumbs to the power of her charms. The Citadel is much too far to wait; she has her way with him in a nearby alley, and feels distinctly unsatisfied after. She doesn’t know what she’s looking for.
...more like who she's looking for.

*dies of laughter* Oh, man. I love it. ;D
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
02.14.2013 , 11:41 PM | #2752
Ves, those are gorgeous and poignant. I...I may have done some less meaningful ones for my characters because I love the idea that much and I hope that's okay.

No game spoilers. These vary in time period; Wynston is way past game in Ruth-less, the Sith are post-game, everyone else is during game, I guess.
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
02.14.2013 , 11:54 PM | #2753
Prompt: Climate (!)

Characters: Vashutarl (JK), Kira Carsen

Title: Love is in the Air (Corny. Sorry.)

No story spoilers. Kind of climbing on the Valentine’s bandwagon today, but why not.

Spoiler

Striges
02.15.2013 , 09:02 AM | #2754
Double-posting belated replies because I’m slow.

@ Bright: Nalenne’s manipulation is brilliant--she wins anyway. Quinn’s objection to the ‘holiday’ is so very Quinn. Probably true, but no less Quinn-y for it.

Fun drabbles. I really wish I was better at tying my characters together; they always seem to end up in their own little worlds, isolated from everyone else. I envy your characters sometimes (the bit with the flowers and the twins in the beginning was hilarious.)

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
"If they came to you, and you're mirialan, then surely they are mirialan as well."
"That kohl... that may become a problem."

"What do you suggest?"

"Something more permanent."
Beautiful.

Quote: Originally Posted by Isoviel View Post
“Um, I wished really, really hard, and he appeared on the bridge of my ship in a burst of light, with the accompaniment of a heavenly choir,” Ennaly said with her trademark smirk.
I am going to be laughing at this line for a while.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
He is holding a damaged thing, a crystal chalice full of cracks, but he speaks beautiful words that make her feel whole again.
Tiny slices of life. These were really good, I enjoyed them a lot, but this bit was very touching.

iamthehoyden
02.15.2013 , 11:18 AM | #2755
Isoviel -
Spoiler

Hahaha!

Ves - Ravage is hilarious!

Bright - Pierce Junior is just awesome, just completely awesome And Kirsk, just too funny! And Sev too! Ack giggles all around!

Striges - awwww, post-good-date glow is so cute

The funny and the cuteness and *drowns in sap*
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
02.15.2013 , 11:23 AM | #2756
Kata forms: Like cold showers, but with broader practical applications. Also, I have always wanted more Orgus Din content; Kira impersonating Orgus Din would be an acceptable, hilarious solution.

Isoviel: Ah, that moment when you realize your brat sibling landed a good one. Before you did. What the hell? She must have used witchcraft. Jerk.

I realized after posting that I made Larr Gith ultra depressing by saying, in her fragment, that Doc never seems happy anyway. I meant the complete opposite! He never seems unhappy with their ridiculous excesses. That has been corrected in the text.

Ves, upon re-re-reading your drabbles (don't judge) I still adore them. The raw spare shorter statements of loneliness - "She doesn't know what she's looking for", everything Arden Zariel thinks, Drusilla "know[ing] she never will be", "His heart isn't in it" - they're fantastic. The image of the chalice laced with cracks for Thaera is just gorgeous, the way Khem Val thinks of Darth Nox is perfectly fitting, I keep coming back to Nox herself, and apparently I'm a mushfest today. Mush. Fest.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
02.15.2013 , 02:49 PM | #2757
@Striges Yay Ian background! Also, I love Vashutarl's Kira and her difficulty maintaining the Padawa/Master dynamic. I always wonder how old they thought the JK should be considering Kira is supposed to be 20. I think I'd be having difficulty not strangling her, but then I guess that's very un-Jedi-like.

@Tatile eeeee so many hearts for that last one
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
"Something more permanent."
Swoooon.

@bright_ephemera Freak trophy case accident and Tharan, I haven't gone far enough into Consular to know what I think of him. Poor guy.

And stacking the deck in her own favor so that she wins no matter what? Nalenne does know how to please her man.

@Ves I loved the mini-drabbles especially
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
Kaliyo Djannis is having fun. Illegally, of course. Wouldn’t be fun if it weren’t.
Hehehe

@iamthehoyden "Looking for a woman with a boat... must send picture of boat." I've heard that joke so often, there must be to something and the fisherman thing. As to Crae, he seems like such a sweetie for trying even though he really doesn't get the "civilized traditions" thing. <3

Lucifersfinest
02.15.2013 , 03:04 PM | #2758
*Gasps* how have I never seen this area of the forums?
"Inside of everyone huh? sounds a lot like Madness" - The Kinshin Asura,

Tatile
02.15.2013 , 03:48 PM | #2759
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucifersfinest View Post
*Gasps* how have I never seen this area of the forums?
Only the cool kids hang out here We have cookies and feels.

Lucifersfinest
02.15.2013 , 05:46 PM | #2760
I hope I'm cool enough to be here, [and do we just post short stories? or are there plots we right about?]
"Inside of everyone huh? sounds a lot like Madness" - The Kinshin Asura,